• Dot Guests: 45
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Bilbo Baggins: Caught up on a missed post Hera, your reply from Bilbo is next promise <3
    June 27, 2020, 08:01:13 PM
  • Guiga: As for the old Lake-town plot. It was about a revolt against the Master by the people due to taxes and such one year before the events of the movies. It was very interesting.
    June 27, 2020, 06:07:49 PM
  • Guiga: I did write you a PM just after Becca’s. Strange. It was very late that night and maybe I forgot to hit send before logging out, but that character is on hold. So don’t worry.
    June 27, 2020, 06:05:33 PM
  • Dory: (Her being Galadriel. Dunno what happened there.)
    June 27, 2020, 07:59:49 AM
  • Dory: I'm Katja's writer, so I'm defo curious. Also, I was reading that new app and I just want to let it be known that I also play her and even though I'm busy right now, I'm happy to be messaged or shouted out if she's going to be needed or used for something.
    June 27, 2020, 07:59:28 AM
  • Marbys: Posted!
    June 27, 2020, 12:10:17 AM
  • Marbys: I'm almost done with the reply for Shadowfax and Nauroval. It should be out tomorrow, if all goes well.
    June 26, 2020, 05:44:51 AM
  • Nienna: Work is murder
    June 26, 2020, 12:12:45 AM
  • Gard: Hmm...you're certainly welcome to try to revive any plots you want, but doing a quick check over the Directory I think Bard, Katja, and Oliver are the only adult characters in town :D Let me know if I missed any one's characters
    June 25, 2020, 12:55:28 PM
  • Guiga: I was wondering if I could reopen or restart from scratch that old plot about the rebellion against the Master of Lake-town we used to have a long time ago and which would be best. I’m not even sure how many inhabitants of Esgaroth we have in play anymore. I’ll have to look into it, but that was an interesting plot.
    June 25, 2020, 03:46:58 AM
  • Hera: Amarthal's lovely, dear. Thank you. Just one problem, you just killed Berthrien's whole family! Elladan would never leave her alone in the wilds after that. His talk to Elrond will have to happen a lot before I first imagined because he'd take her to Rivendell as soon as she was able to travel. Something I'll have to think about later.
    June 24, 2020, 09:55:40 PM
  • Guiga: I posted a very bare bones application because I expected to have problems with it like Hera and Marbys had, but everything worked just fine for me. I'll finish her during the week.
    June 22, 2020, 05:47:40 AM
  • Gard: But now you're good yes :)
    June 21, 2020, 03:38:13 PM
  • Gard: Same Yay and No Worries. I was planning on getting one more Nauroval reaction in either-way :)
    June 21, 2020, 12:32:05 PM
  • Ari: No worries Marbys
    June 21, 2020, 04:43:05 AM
  • Ari: (^○^) ~yay!~
    June 21, 2020, 04:42:57 AM
  • Marbys: *is on the way...
    June 21, 2020, 02:57:19 AM
  • Marbys: Sorry, Gard and Ari. I totally forgot about our thread!!! How could I? Next time I’m on the desktop, that’s the post I’ll be writing. Help in on the way for Nauroval!!!
    June 21, 2020, 02:56:32 AM
  • Hera: Done! Tracker is up!
    June 19, 2020, 10:11:07 PM
  • Hera: I think I'll go with just one to start.
    June 19, 2020, 09:17:04 PM

* Directories

RPG-D RPG Initiative

* Awards

Author Topic: [Hobbit + LotR] Lost in Between  (Read 174 times)

Elladan

• Half-Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Hera
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
Lost in Between
« on: June 18, 2020, 09:15:55 PM »
Elladan, boldest of Elrond's children. Once you were so full of certainties about the path you wanted to follow, but now you're left with only doubts. Almost the first among your siblings to make the fateful choice of the Half-Elves, now you seem to have been left for last.

Your parents didn't help you a lot by giving you this name, which literally means Elf-Man. You are restless like Men and immortal like Elves, with this you have been dealing well since the start. You wear your emotions closer to your skin, but you can only love once and you've already taken that chance. Now she went somewhere you can't follow. You see no complete happiness to be found in either mortality or immortality, so you just keep going for all that you can still give to your family and the world.

Your hatred for Orcs was subdued by temperance a while ago, but never truly left you. They've taken away from you, not just your mother, but your right to choose and good part of your old happiness. That's why you hate them so much to this day.

You love and respect your father a lot, but you will also fight for your siblings' right to choose their own fate as your closeness allows you to see what they may not be aware of. You help him as you can and sometimes your sincerity may hit Elrond where it hurts, but you also know how to make it better afterwards.

You keep walking the fine line. Probably one day you'll wake up and choose whatever is on your mind at that moment. Your best choices you've made when you weren't thinking much about it... and your worst ones too. At least you only have yourself to blame for all the mistakes you've made or will still make until whatever fate befalls you. You're so lost not even all the foresight in your family can tell where you will go now.

But you can't have the cake and eat it too forever. Yes, Elladan, you still need to pick just one half of your name to be for the rest of your life.

If anyone wants to share a thread with this Half-Elf, write your ideas bellow.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 09:29:40 PM by Elladan »

Pellavan

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Gard
Re: Lost in Between
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 02:08:36 PM »
Pellavan & Elladan: I believe I read in his app that this one is fond of telling Elf children stories? :) Well Pellavan is fond of hearing them, any that the older Elves, with their centuries of knowledge, might tell. Only, warning, this one is prone to interrupt with odd questions. He's very invested in the creatures of Middle Earth and is constantly checking up on them out in the forests surrounding Rivendell, and is very likely to still politely interrupt some telling of a grand battle to ask about the horses or such. No one ever cares how many of the horses died in a battle! And not that Pellavan doesn't also care about the Elves and Men :D

That was my main idea, but there might be something for...

Bilbo & Elladan: While he's there, either with the Dwarves or later when he seeks refuge in Rivendell after his birthday party.

(#FFF8DC)

Elladan

• Half-Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 10:30:12 PM »
Elladan & Pellavan: Indeed, he is the one. If Pellavan has been to the storytelling sessions at the Hall of Fire before, Elladan probably already knows that creatures are his favorite characters by now and if he is to choose Pellavan among the children to tell a story to, the elfling can expect one where creatures are central, featuring the biggest of all the giant eagles of Manwë, Thorondor, and his descendants, Gwaihir and Landroval; Ancalagon, the black, and others. If Elladan is in a particular mood, wanting to scare the children a bit while telling Pellavan his creature heavy story, he may pick the one about Thorondor rescuing Fingolfin's body and giving Morgoth a scar in the face. Be sure, Pellavan will never get out of the Hall of Fire without an answer. If Elladan doesn't know the answer, he'll invent something according to his readings.

Elladan & Bilbo: I was thinking that maybe Bilbo might tell Elladan of his experience with Smaug, the last of the fire drakes, upon his return from Erebor and then it becomes one of the stories in Elladan's repertoire. They could also meet when the Company passes by as they are going to Erebor and talk about going towards the unknown and finding one's courage. Or after his birthday party, as you've said, where they could talk about anything from old songs to the meaning of live. Your pick, Gard.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 10:31:59 PM by Elladan »

Becca

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Becca
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 12:01:52 AM »
Alright, so I'm going toss a few of my canons and OCs your way (the one most likely to have ample threads with Elladan).

Elrond & Elladan: So we definitely need father/son threads of all sorts between cute Elfling threads to more serious post-Celebrian sailing and everything in-between. Elrond has always had trouble with the balance of his wishes and his children's so the whole considering to be Mortal but not going though with it will be interesting.

Celeborn & Elladan: Celeborn dearly loves his grandchildren though the twins are often targets for his teasing, especially trying to embarrass them horribly. He also might try and share with Elladan some of his thoughts on Elf/Mortal relationships since he was basically cousin to Luthien and yet isn't quite as touchy about the Choice as Elrond.

Glorfindel & Elladan: So I've always had in my head that Glorifindel had a large hand in training the twins in the martial arts. Plus, he probably would try to insist on coming with them on their orc hunts to keep an eye on them.

Trenardir & Elladan: So, my super-sassy, irreverent Rivendell OC Elf likes to make questionable ditties about people and generally be light-hearted, mostly well-meaning nuisance. I'm sure he has tried to lift Elladan's spirits in a possibly questionable way. But he is super funny.

Himthoron & Elladan: So, this OC is Celeborn's maternal uncle so Elladan's great-uncle and is a fairly stoic, traditional Elf that basically can be found wherever Celeborn is (he's made himself his nephew's bodyguard but is also just generally his confidante and such). He would definitely be up for telling Elladan stories about Doriath (especially embarrassing ones about Celeborn) that Elladan can then pass on to younglings.

Elladan

• Half-Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 04:34:14 AM »
Elladan & Elrond: Elfling Elladan was pure trouble. He surely made Elrond and Celebrían pull their hair off, but he was also an affectionate child, I think. Such threads should be fun to write. I think that the conversation they had about Berthrien would start with Elladan just blurting out the whole thing when his father approached him when he wanted to be left alone and then dealing with the damage because he knows there is no easy way to introduce such topic to his father and his sincerity can hit like a jab, especially if he is hurting too.

Elladan & Celeborn: I think Elrohir would feel more embarrassed than Elladan. He'd just take it all in stride and laugh his head off really. I even see him trying to tease back, but very respectfully. He loves his grandfather dearly too and some support from Celeborn would be much appreciated, both before and especially after his beloved died. I see him looking for Celeborn and/or Galadriel to deal with things first and only when he had worked things out well enough even consider telling Elrond about it all, who would unfortunately be the last family elder to know.

Elladan & Glorfindel: So he gets to be trained by one of the coolest guys of the First Age? Yes, he tells me he wants that. I think he'd like the company and the stories from Gondolin, except during those times he had other reasons to be out there. Then I think he only wanted his brother with him, but before and after he'd like the extra company very much.

Elladan & Trenardir: Laughing partner? I see these two as sharing very good laughs in the past when Elladan was younger, more carefree and less scarred. Lifting his spirit is necessary now from time to time. I think they would like each other and Elladan wouldn't mind much his ways, unless he finds himself in one of his not that friendly moods. In those occasions, there could be some conflict there.

Elladan & Himthoron: Elladan tells me he wants to know all the family stories, not only to tell them to the younglings later, but also to tease his grandfather back.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 04:44:25 AM by Elladan »

Pellavan

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 09:55:13 PM »
Sounds great! I can start up whichever one you want me to and we can work off however many at a time you want, even on into your post load with other plots. For Bilbo, though I think any of the time frames could be interesting, I'm most intrigued by the prior Erebor/journey back one. He will just be pondering how very different things (and himself!) are then and from the last time he was in Rivendell, and tell Elladan about it yes!

(#FFF8DC)

Elladan

• Half-Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2020, 10:23:26 PM »
Elladan & Pellavan: I will start this thread for them.

Elladan & Bilbo: So we'll go with the post-Erebor scenario first? Could you start this one? If you want to go on with the pre-Erebor one too, at the same time, would you want me to start or prefer to do so yourself? 

Bilbo Baggins

• Hobbits
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2020, 10:57:40 PM »
Elladan & Bilbo: I'll start the post-Erebor one, sure, sounds good! And I'm good to also have us do the other one at the same time if you want, but would probably let you start that one too? But whether we do one and then the other or both at the same time doesn't matter to me

(#0000CD)

Elladan

• Half-Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2020, 01:38:20 AM »
Elladan & Bilbo: OK. I'll put the pre-Erebor thread on my list of starters together with Pellavan's, but it may take a bit longer to get out than Pellavan's.

Bilbo Baggins

• Hobbits
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 07:50:20 PM »
No rush on your end of course, but here's the post-Erebor one!

(#0000CD)

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Annúngilel: Reply for Nauroval and Shadowfax [link]
    June 27, 2020, 12:11:22 AM
  • Gard: Tag for Arahin [link]
    June 25, 2020, 01:41:34 PM
  • Ari: Tag for Gandalf [link]
    June 16, 2020, 07:01:59 AM
  • Dory: Plotter tag for Aragorn/Estel
    June 16, 2020, 05:06:42 AM