• Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Gard: *snugs Hades* <3
    September 08, 2020, 01:53:19 PM
  • Nienna: lord have mercy on my stressed soul...
    September 04, 2020, 01:34:16 PM
  • Dory: And one for Hera/Elladan. :3
    August 03, 2020, 05:53:40 AM
  • Dory: Finally got to Cirdan's plotter, Guiga. <3
    August 03, 2020, 05:31:01 AM
  • Gard: I'm good! ^^ Hope you had fun! <3
    July 31, 2020, 09:58:18 PM
  • Ristiinna: Back from my camping trip. How's everyone?
    July 30, 2020, 09:38:19 PM
  • Nienna: Becca! I’ll work on a Ren post when I get off work! ❤️
    July 24, 2020, 11:39:33 PM
  • Nienna: Hello hello!
    July 24, 2020, 11:39:03 PM
  • Nienna: <3
    July 20, 2020, 02:57:05 AM
  • Guiga: No problem, Hades. I'm still catching up on posts as well.
    July 19, 2020, 05:17:39 AM
  • Nienna: oh my god it's embarrassing how long that took me to get out, Guiga! </3 I am SO SO SO SO SO sorry! But some things happened, and all should be good to go again.
    July 18, 2020, 05:56:29 PM
  • RonnieRoo: Wowie!
    July 15, 2020, 10:03:00 PM
  • Hera: @Ari. Your reply is posted as well. Next is Gard's as Pellavan.
    July 12, 2020, 08:41:33 AM
  • Hera: Wrong account.
    July 12, 2020, 08:40:20 AM
  • Gandalf: @Dory. I hope you find the dogs.
    July 12, 2020, 08:39:54 AM
  • Ari: (Marbys & Gard) Got my post out! *shoots confetti cannon* I do believe Gard is next. :)
    July 12, 2020, 07:58:12 AM
  • Ari: (Dory) Aw, I do hope your puppers are okay ;_;
    July 12, 2020, 02:16:14 AM
  • Ari: I've been distracted binge-watching Bob's Burgers, ngl  X'D  My post for Ann & Naur -Marbys & Gard- is a'comin!
    July 12, 2020, 02:14:24 AM
  • Dory: I'm going to try and start writing on my day off next week tho.
    July 11, 2020, 11:28:12 AM
  • Dory: You'll have to forgive me too. There has been...a lot going on. Starting with our dogs at the farm going missing. :/
    July 11, 2020, 11:27:47 AM

* Directories

RPG-D RPG Initiative

* Awards

Author Topic: [Hobbit + LotR] A Disquiet Follows My Soul  (Read 963 times)

Estel/Aragorn

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Marbys
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
A Disquiet Follows My Soul
« on: April 29, 2020, 12:06:08 AM »
Estel, Aragorn, Thorongil, Strider, Elessar

We all know who this man is meant to be and he has been through a lot in his journey towards that destiny that is his to fulfill. He is now old enough to know his aptitudes and affinities very well. As the foster son of Lord Elrond, he did receive an unequalled wealth of knowledge, which he has widened and put to good use during his many travels around Middle-Earth.

Estel would love to meet some Dwarves or Bilbo as the Company passes by simply because he has never met their kind before and would like to know about them from them so there is no pre-judgement involved. Young Aragorn tries to be fair, but he can also be a bit overeager and overwhelming. Be warned! LOL.

The older Aragorn is a more contained man. He believes he is cursed as he is the descendant of Isildur, the man who had failed to destroy the One Ring of Sauron. What he feared most as the Fellowship formed was succumbing to its power as well. Though his beloved Arwen told him to be hopeful and trust his own strength and skills, Aragorn doubts he’ll be able to reach the end of this quest as he has started it: alive and untarnished by evil.

So who wants a thread with the future king? Post your ideas beneath!!!

I’ve been tracking/reading my old threads and they are listed beneath. I’m willing to finish these threads, but if you’re on the other end and want them to stay/be archived, that’s OK. Just post bellow and we can restart them or plot something else or just rethink everything. I’ll also list here the links to the new threads that are hopefully coming, so this becomes a plotter/tracker for Aragorn.

Old Threads:

Normal Threads:
Thread: Of Kings And Vagabonds
Characters involved: Gard of Laketown (appears to be still active)

Thread: Youthful and Elvish Topics
Characters involved: Bilbo Baggins (appears to be still active under the same player)

Thread: Thanks For Sharing
Characters involved: Celeborn (appears to be still active under the same player)

Thread: Caught Red Handed
Characters involved: Glorfindel (appears to be still active under the same player)

Thread: Excuse Wrapped in Diplomacy
Characters involved: Gard of Laketown (appears to be still active)

Thread: I've Got a Funny Feeling About This
Characters involved: Celeborn (appears to be still active under the same player)

OUaT AU Threads:
Thread: Small Diversions
Characters involved: Gard of Laketown’s AU self (appears to be still active)

New threads:

Normal Threads:

Thread: By Any Other Name
Characters involved: Elrond

Thread: Two Times Trouble
Characters involved: Trenardir

AU Threads:
Pending...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 07:44:10 AM by Estel/Aragorn »

Thanks go to Alagon for the lovely graphics!!!!

Gard

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Re: A Disquiet Follows My Soul
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 04:23:07 AM »
I'll revive/figure we can continue with however many of these you want to tackle, and yes, still active and still have Bilbo, you are correct <3
〰️Gard〰️Bilbo Baggins〰️Nyx〰️Dagmar〰️Fritz〰️Nauroval〰️Saga〰️Líknví〰️

〰️Kargach〰️Wes〰️Friór〰️Anlaf〰️Harper〰️Tuuli〰️Pellavan〰️May Gamgee〰️

♣️♣️T&FA♣️♣️
〰️Folkin II〰️Illmur〰️

Becca

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Becca
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 04:41:35 AM »
Hey, Marbys. I'm game for the two Celeborn and one Glorfindel thread to continue. Also, in terms of other canons I have Elrond, Sam, and Eomer that would all have plenty of reason/opportunity to RP with Aragorn (or Estel for Elrond). I also have a bunch of OCs that could as well if you want.

Estel/Aragorn

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 11:40:38 PM »
Thanks, Gard and Becca for the replies about the old threads. I'll keep them going.

As for the new ones:

Aragorn/Estel and Elrond: These two must thread. It can be Estel telling his Ada that he had a strange feeling when he met Bilbo. It can be Elrond telling him about his true origins and name. It can be one of the millions of times they discussed the whole king thing to no avail. It can be Elrond giving him Anduril at the Rohirrim camp. It can be a million different scenarios for those two to share a thread. I guess all the times Aragorn risked his life during his younger years after leaving Rivendell, all that Elrond most wanted to see was him entering his halls again in one piece.

Aragorn and Sam: Bree, during the quest or afterward? Aragorn often visited the Shire when he was in Eriador after the war. Which scenario would you like to tackle first between them?

Aragorn and Éomer: They didn't start well, but certainly became great friends and cleansed the world of what was left of the hordes of Mordor after the defeat of Sauron. I do see them as more than just allies, but personal friends. Any suggestion you'd like to try first?

Aragorn and Others: I'm interested, but could you be more specific?

Aragorn and Bilbo: Gard, would you be willing to plot them when Bilbo returns to Rivendell after his birthday party? That could turn into an interesting thread.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 07:37:40 AM by Estel/Aragorn »

Gard

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 03:33:43 AM »
Ooh, during Bilbo's time in Rivendell sounds like a great thread. Yes I would. More guilt from Bilbo realizing what he's brought on the world, and Frodo specifically, just by keeping one "trinket" from an adventure and all.
〰️Gard〰️Bilbo Baggins〰️Nyx〰️Dagmar〰️Fritz〰️Nauroval〰️Saga〰️Líknví〰️

〰️Kargach〰️Wes〰️Friór〰️Anlaf〰️Harper〰️Tuuli〰️Pellavan〰️May Gamgee〰️

♣️♣️T&FA♣️♣️
〰️Folkin II〰️Illmur〰️

Becca

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 01:06:04 AM »
Elrond and Estel/Aragorn: Hmm, I think maybe Elrond finally revealing Estel's heritage and such might be a good place to start off.

Sam and Aragorn: Oh, I think starting these two with their meeting is a must.

Eomer and Aragorn: I think with these two, either Eomer coming to find Aragorn to thank him for saving Eowyn's life or maybe discussing peace between Rohan and Gondor might be nice.

As for my easiest to plot OCs, I have three that would probably be easiest. First, Trenardir is a super-sassy Elf of Rivendell who would probably teach Estel some questionable songs :D. The other Elf that would be easiest would Himthoron, Celeborn's uncle and bodtguard/shadow who could teach Estel a bit more about Elvish history. And finally I have Tuilas, a Dunadain ranger who is in his 60s during the Hobbit but still alive but old during LOTR who views Aragorn as his leader but he does have a young son that could meet Aragorn?

Estel/Aragorn

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 03:52:33 AM »
Aragorn and Bilbo: Great!!! I'll start this one for us tomorrow.

Estel/Aragorn and Elrond: Sounds good. I'll be starting it too!!!!

Aragorn and Sam: Could you start this one for me?

Aragorn and Éomer: Them discussing the renewal of the Oath of Cirion and Eorl is OK by me. Where would it be? Edoras or Minas Tirith? At the houses of healing is great too, so you decide what you want to do first.

Estel and Trenardir: This sounds fun. So yes!!!!!

Estel/Aragorn and Himthoron: Does he come to Imladris or would this thread be later on during his first visit to Lothlórien? Could you start?

Aragorn and Tuilas: Is he a Gondorian Dúnedain or one of the North? If Gondorian, he might have known him as Thorongil during his younger years when he was under the service of Steward Ecthelion II. They could meet again as of his return as Aragorn to Minas Tirith during the War of the Ring. Depending on how old is his son, he'd only know him as Aragorn under the second condition. If he is a Dúnedain of the North, like Aragorn, they probably knew each other when Aragorn became their Chieftain when he was 20 years old and, aside from his time of service at the south, ever since his return to Eriador as well. His son could always have known him in this scenario, unless he came of age during the time Aragorn was at the south. An interaction with a fellow Dúnedain under either situation would be grand!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 03:56:41 AM by Estel/Aragorn »

Becca

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 05:00:52 AM »
Aragorn & Elrond: Can't wait :)

Aragorn & Sam: Sure. I'll see if I can get something up this weekend.

Aragorn & Eomer: I think the renewal probably takes place after Eomer buries Theoden and officially becomes king so it would probably be in Edoras.

Estel & Trenardir: He is a lot of fun (don't have any threads for him)

Aragorn & Himthoron: He does come to Imladris whenever Celeborn does but if you want the thread to be in Lothlorien that would work too. Let me know and I can totally start.

Aragorn & Tuilas: He is a Dunadain of the North (I never really thought about it but just decided it >.>). Knowing and serving his Chieftain is always good. His son is 3 during the Hobbit so he was still pretty young when Aragorn became Chieftain but could see his idolizing Aragorn.

Estel/Aragorn

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 11:28:27 PM »
Promised posts for Elrond and Bilbo are almost ready!!!!

Aragorn and Sam: Thanks. Can't wait to start.

Aragorn and Éomer: That's right. Éomer is there at Aragorn's crowning. I think he goes with Éomer and Éowyn when they return to Rohan. He is said to be there both for Théoden's burial and Éomer's crowning as king. So it would have happened just afterwards, I think. Who starts this one?

Estel and Trenardir: So maybe I should focus on this one after Elrond's?

Aragorn and Himthoron: Well.. it depends if you want cute and naïve Estel or a more adult Aragorn who can travel by himself to get to Lothlórien. Two completely different threads. I'll let you decide.

Aragorn and Tuilas: Sounds good. Aragorn is 10 by the time of the Hobbit, so the son would be 13 when he becomes Chieftain of the Dúnedain. Yes, pretty young still. Is there a scenario you'd like to go for in this thread or you've got nothing specific in mind?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 11:31:04 PM by Estel/Aragorn »

Becca

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 12:22:02 AM »
Aragorn & Sam: I have it on my list to work on (might be a bit though)

Aragorn & Eomer: Honestly, if you get this one started, that would be great.

Estel & Trenardir: Whenever you can, no big rush :)

Aragorn & Himthoron: I think him dealing with a talkative young Estel sounds cute/fun, if that is fine with you?

Aragorn & Tuilas: I don't really have any specific in mind. Would you be able to start this as well?

Estel/Aragorn

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 04:18:11 AM »
Aragorn and Sam: No problem. I also have a heap of threads to work on.

Aragorn and Éomer: I can start this one too. I have a scenario in my head. All that is known, IIRC, is that he was present at his crowning and after that he legalized the concession of the lands of Rohan to the Rohirrim and after that their oath was renewed on the basis of mutual friendship alone. Rohan, up until Éomer became king, was an independently ruled province of Gondor. That's why they were bound to go to Gondor's rescue whenever called upon, but the reciprocal wasn't always true. Something Théoden himself complained about with Aragorn before deciding to heed the call. It's also possible that as a Steward Cirion didn't have the power to completely give away those lands, so he did what was possible at the time. The thread could begin as a small conversation between them before his crowing, go on into the ceremony itself, then the gift of the lands from one king to another and Aragorn saying that the Rohirrim owed Gondor nothing else for their oath was considered fullfilled forever and then Éomer himself deciding to renewal the oath on the basis of friendship alone. It fits both these men perfectly, though it would also be a giant piece of fanfic. What do you think? I go on in part or in full with this?

Estel and Trenardir: OK. I'll look at it after I take care of Elrond's starter.

Estel and Himthoron: Sure. I love writing for my boy.

Aragorn and Tuilas: I could try, but it may take a bit while longer because I also don't have a clear picture for this thread, but I'll come up with something for their starter.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:26:22 AM by Estel/Aragorn »

Whitney

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2020, 07:35:25 AM »
I think we talked a long while ago about wanting to do something with Elrohir and Aragorn. We've got just about the entirety of Aragorn's timeline to explore, from his childhood all the way up through the end of the War of the Ring and beyond. Is there anything particular that strikes your fancy?

I've got a few other characters that could possibly make for interesting scenes, so if any of my others catch your eye, just say the word.

Estel/Aragorn

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2020, 07:55:23 AM »
Estel/Aragorn and Elrond: Yay!!!! The thread starter is linked in the first post here and at the tag tracker thingy at the bottom of the page.

Aragorn and Éomer: Can I move on with this one next? Points to last post for a thread idea.

Estel and Trenardir: Yay!!!! The thread starter is linked in the first post here and at the tag tracker thingy at the bottom of the page.

Estel and Himthoron: I'll be starting this one tomorrow.

Aragorn and Tuilas: Still cooking something up.

Estel/Aragorn and Elrohir: After he's told the truth about his origins, which is happening in a thread I've just started, he'll feel betrayed by Elrond and Gilraen and will rebel a little. Maybe his brother can bring him back to center? I mean, rationally, he understands why it happened, but it's natural to rebel when you feel lied to or not privy to info you feel you should have always known. He'll need a level head who he trusts to talk to him and I think Elrohir is the best suspect in town for him to share such thread. I'm also curious as to what Elrohir would think when he turns to him one day in the wilds and says that the one he is in love with is his sister Arwen. Would he support them? Babysitting at Rivendell's library could be fun too. Those are the three scenarios I have in mind for them now. Which one do you prefer to start?

Aragorn and Bowen: Bowen's someone Aragorn could have met as Thorongil in his younger years when he served at the south, especially if he could be swayed to serve Gondor once more or as an enemy. He wouldn't judge him on his past, only what he chooses to do now for or against his people. This happened between TA 2957 to TA 2980. In TA 2980, he attacks Umbar with a fleet and defeats their leader. Maybe we could work something out for them?

Aragorn and Thranduil: He also briefly met Thranduil after he captured Gollum in the Dead Marshes and took him to Mirkwood so Gandalf could question him there, but he escaped before the Council of Elrond took place.

Estel/Aragorn and Others: I'm not really sure about the others, but if
you have an idea I'm all ears.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 07:59:47 AM by Estel/Aragorn »

Whitney

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2020, 01:57:03 AM »
Apologies for the slow reply. 

Elrohir and Estel/Aragorn: I like the idea of Estel coming to Elrohir after finding out the truth.  Elrohir is definitely a good choice for that.  But if you'd like to wait on that until you finish the in progress thread with Elrond, I like both of the other ideas as well.

Aragorn and Bowen: I'm afraid Bowen is fully committed to a live of piracy until he dies.  :D  I'm not sure that affords them much of a chance to meet.

Becca

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2020, 02:28:16 AM »
Elrond/Aragorn and Trenardir/Aragorn: Yay. I'll put them on my list of threads to work on (hopefully this weekend).

Eomer & Aragorn: Whatever you decide sounds good to me.

Himthoron & Aragorn: I thought I was going to start this one? But if you're on a roll and feel compelled to get this one done, that is fine as well :D

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Galadriel: thread starter for Celeborn/Becca <3
    August 19, 2020, 11:22:12 AM
  • Ristiinna: Checking in on Arthfael with Ristiinná...
    August 03, 2020, 04:31:47 PM
  • Dory: Plotter tag for Elladan/Hera! <3
    August 03, 2020, 05:53:20 AM
  • Galadriel: Plotter tag for Cirdan/Guiga! <3
    August 03, 2020, 05:30:20 AM
  • Gard: For Guiga [link]
    July 24, 2020, 06:54:05 PM
  • Gard: For Ari! [link]
    July 22, 2020, 02:52:00 PM
  • Nienna: for Gard! [link] let me know if anything needs edits...
    July 20, 2020, 04:15:22 AM
  • Nienna: Far too long, but I should have more free time now: [link]
    July 18, 2020, 05:55:42 PM
  • Nauroval: Reply for Shadowfax and Annúngilel [link]
    July 17, 2020, 07:37:07 PM
  • Nienna: for Thranduil [link]
    July 17, 2020, 01:14:38 AM
  • Gandalf: Reply for Shadowfax [link]
    July 12, 2020, 08:21:28 AM
  • Ari: Reply for Gard and Marbys! [link]
    July 12, 2020, 07:56:59 AM
  • Annúngilel: Reply for Nauroval and Shadowfax [link]