• Dot Guests: 121
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Marbys: A short post is better than no post! Lol. Hello to all!!!!!
    June 02, 2020, 11:13:18 PM
  • Estë: Hi!
    June 02, 2020, 09:50:14 PM
  • ruthron_forest_elf: Hello
    June 02, 2020, 08:16:34 PM
  • Morwen Steelsheen: (Also do not worry about the length, Marbys. I will be doing shorter posts for quite some time yet.)
    June 02, 2020, 09:55:57 AM
  • Dory: That starter is so old. MY WRITING LOL. But I'll scratch up a date when I'm able to for you.
    June 02, 2020, 08:02:29 AM
  • Dory: I'm gibbering a 100 different things and feelings right now like I resigned that to a one shot bit omg thank you.
    June 02, 2020, 07:59:43 AM
  • Dory: -faints-
    June 02, 2020, 07:58:46 AM
  • Marbys: Post out!!! Now, I go too.
    June 02, 2020, 05:43:11 AM
  • Marbys: I’m not feeling well tonight. Too sleepy. I’ll finish Thengel’s post tomorrow as it’s not moving right now.
    June 01, 2020, 05:32:07 AM
  • Marbys: Nice to read that, Dory!!!! Welcome back!!!!
    May 31, 2020, 11:09:35 AM
  • Dáin Ironfoot: My internet hiccuped and I've just lost an entire post...
    May 31, 2020, 08:59:21 AM
  • Hera: Good to know. Best wishes, Dory!!!
    May 31, 2020, 01:46:01 AM
  • Dory: Ah nuts, wrong account again. XD
    May 31, 2020, 12:42:21 AM
  • Morwen Steelsheen: Still in recovery but have made a big leap in that with my hands, enough to be working and riding again...which is as hectic. But I fully intend to get to catching up in between ASAP. <3
    May 31, 2020, 12:41:57 AM
  • Gard: Eitherway works for me I'd say and you can come in anytime :)
    May 28, 2020, 02:14:03 PM
  • Ari: and i oop
    May 28, 2020, 12:37:44 PM
  • Shadowfax: Got my post in Marbys. Dunno if Gard would like to post before yours as well? Heh, I suppose both parties could meet halfway, if they're both out wandering.
    May 28, 2020, 12:35:13 PM
  • Marbys: OK, Ari. I think it makes more sense if Ann finds you.
    May 28, 2020, 12:10:19 AM
  • Ari: Marbys, I'd like to get a post out for Shadowfax first (in response to Nauroval) but after that, yeah! Either we find you (Annungilel) or you find us, whatever your preference.
    May 26, 2020, 01:30:47 AM
  • Marbys: I’ll wait. If no one posts in a few days, I will then.
    May 23, 2020, 05:13:40 PM

* Directories

RPG-D RPG Initiative

* Awards

Author Topic: [LotR] Eoheort II [w.i.p]  (Read 516 times)

Eoheort II

• Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Tracker: Plotter
Eoheort II [w.i.p]
« on: November 07, 2019, 11:24:23 PM »

CHARACTER'S NAME HERE

NAME:  Eoheort II
NICKNAMES (IF ANY):  E-O, by his friends, Eoheort to you, thanks.
TRILOGY: LoTR
DATE OF BIRTH AND AGE (AS OF T.A. 2941/3019): 25
PLACE OF BIRTH:  Rohan
RACE:  Man

HAIR COLOUR AND APPEARANCE:  It's a mop of brown hair, he tends to keep it short, when it's allowed to grow long, you might want to consider that this might not be Eo.
EYE COLOUR: Dark brown with flecks of gold.
BODY TYPE AND HEIGHT:  5'9", pretty fit for being on the road!
OVERALL APPEARANCE:  He dresses in greens, browns, and blues. He travels with Ginger, so his clothes are conventional for travel. He’s developed a talent for weaponry, throwing knives, bows, swords, axes; so of course his clothes are fit to accommodate. He wears a light gray cloak with a hood, no fur - too excessive, even for the winter. Fur is so unnecessary. Just his humble opinion. His shoes are typically well kept, he's had them re-soled so many times that they are far from the original pair he had, but oh well. 
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: No, not really that are visible to the eye. Not that he's been in many situations, but he is still young. Aside from the usual scrapes from being in childhood scraps that are just white marks now.
WEAPONS: Bow & arrows, Ginger's knives (she finally got some new ones), and a dagger that belonged to his father.
FACE CLAIM:  Taron Egerton? (I'll have to check the FC).

STRENGTHS:  Just one or two will suffice.
WEAKNESSES:  Again, give a couple of examples.
ASPIRATIONS:  Do they have any dreams or goals?   
FEARS:  What frightens them?
PERSONALITY:  Please aim to write a couple of insightful paragraphs on their personality, it will help others come to grips with the character.

HISTORY:  Eoheort is a fourth generation Dunhere. He’s had a long time to get over the death of parents at the age of 14. Ginger had taken he and his sister away to live in the shadow of Erebor, in Dale. They had a grand life, Ginger took over the apple farm from the Lady of the Apple (Oma). He helps her cart the apples all over that part of Middle Earth. That apple pie you like, in that inn with the best apple pie? Those apples probably came from Dale.
Eoheort II was named after his father, Eoheort. Eoheort raised horses in the fields of Rohan, raising some of the best horses for those who needed them for their farms, and occasionally to enter into contests - for fun. They weren’t rich, but he loved his life, and having Ginger around to help was a blessing. Until the Orcs started coming across the fields, and ransacking the smaller towns on the edge of Rohan.

There is not much to be said about his mundane life. Of course there were the occasional orcs when he would go with Ginger on her adventures to Gondor, and back while his sister minded the Apple Farm.

“Well, you said he developed a talent for weapons, would you mind explaining that?” Of course! Eoheort was always fascinated with Ginger’s ability to throw knives. Sometimes she’d let him play with them, and occasionally she would teach him. It wasn’t until they met a man from Gondor that he truly learned the art of sword play. They spent many months traveling with the man, something about good money being in it - and there was - and the man took a liking to Eoheort, and his sister. Together they learned the art of sword play, and Ginger taught them how to use a bow.

After they left the man who “knew swords”, Ginger decided it was time to teach Eoheort how to throw knives, and hunt. He was thrilled to learn these skills, and threw himself into perfecting the arts. He’s still not perfect, sometimes he misses. He soon started firing arrows from horseback! A trick his kin are noted for.

Finally, when they were all back in Dale, Ginger thought it was time that they should all go back to Rohan. Awyn loved the idea. Though their house was burned to the ground, she wanted to start her own life there, feeling a deep yearning for her homeland. The people there needed help. Eoheort knew there was no arguing, so he agreed to go with them.

One day’s ride from Rohan, and Ginger pulled the young man to the side, long after Awyn went to sleep. “You don’t really want to go back to Rohan, do you?” She asked. He shook his head. “Then there may be something you can do, but I am not sure they will like it… I will stay with your sister in Rohan, until she’s on her feet.” She sighed, “You are both strong, and I’m proud to call you my family.. The years have taught me many things, many things that you have yet to learn.” Then, Ginger told him about the Rangers of the North, and how he should seek them out, to join them, and go where they tell him he is needed.

Eoheort knew this would be a life changing moment for him. But, later that night, when they were set upon by a group of Orcs, Awyn was killed, and Ginger was wounded. Not so unscathed himself; Eoheort and Ginger rode back to Rohan where they received medical help.

This is where his (And Ginger’s)  story picks up...   

YOUR NAME:  Whatever you go by in the cbox will do rightly.
EXPERIENCE:  Self-explanatory, I think, how long have you been role-playing or writing creatively?
OTHER CHARACTERS:  If you have any, that is.
CONTACT:  What's the best way for us to reach you?  PM, e-mail, AIM, carrier pigeon?
HOW DID YOU FIND US?:  Google?  Tumblr?  Referred by a friend?  This will help us figure out what's working and what's not.
ROLE PLAY/WRITING SAMPLE: 
Show us what you can do!  It doesn't have to be with this character or even from this genre of role-play.  This is only required if this is your first character application with us.

Ulmo

• Administrator
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Cass
Re: Eoheort II [w.i.p]
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 03:47:53 PM »

Fíli | Kvasir | Andar | Ivorak | Haleth | Loire | Faramir

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Éowyn: Plotter tag for Marbys! [link]
    June 02, 2020, 10:32:55 AM
  • Éowyn: Starter for Theoden. <3 [link]
    June 02, 2020, 10:03:48 AM
  • Thengel: Reply for Morwen Steelsheen [link]
    June 02, 2020, 05:52:44 AM
  • Dáin Ironfoot: Starter for Kéra and family [link]
    May 31, 2020, 10:21:13 AM
  • Fengel: Starter for Hild et all [link]
    May 31, 2020, 12:20:29 AM
  • Cirdan: Open thread at Lindon after the fall of Arnor, but before the War of the Ring. [link]
    May 29, 2020, 06:38:48 AM
  • Becca: Open thread during LOTR (specifically after War of the Ring) with Sam [link]
    May 28, 2020, 04:25:06 AM
  • Nauroval: Open thread for assistance from any in Rohan/Near Fangorn! Removing an arrow from the wing of a Great Eagle and getting to possibly speak to her and meet Shadowfax due to it! :smile: [link]
    May 22, 2020, 12:08:54 AM
  • Nienna: Open thread for LotR time line, for Sahib: [link]
    May 20, 2020, 02:44:11 AM
  • Nienna: Oh la la, a post! [link]
    May 20, 2020, 02:38:53 AM
  • Sauron: Reply for Saruman [link]
    May 12, 2020, 09:02:52 AM
  • Estel/Aragorn: Starter for Trenardir [link]
    May 09, 2020, 07:46:26 AM
  • Estel/Aragorn: Starter for Elrond [link]
    May 09, 2020, 05:04:57 AM
  • Bard: Don't feel disheartened. The thread is open to anyone, including Bain. I've also made a slight change to the last paragraph. I hope it helps you in joining the thread.
    May 06, 2020, 08:34:45 AM
  • Nienna: Oh! Was about to toss Bain at Pappa, but after reading the last paragraph... hmmm...
    May 06, 2020, 03:32:31 AM
  • Bard: Open thread at Laketown for anyone with a reason to be there during a cold winter night
    May 01, 2020, 01:40:22 AM
  • Saruman: Starter for Sauron [[link]]
    April 30, 2020, 06:27:20 AM
  • Gandalf: Open thread at the Shire for any and all Hobbits
    April 29, 2020, 09:20:22 PM
  • Faramir: Reply for Éomer! [link]
    April 23, 2020, 03:40:13 PM
  • Faramir: Starter for Boromir! [link]
    April 22, 2020, 12:47:38 PM