* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Gard: *snugs Hades and Cass*
    Today at 03:05:15 AM
  • Gard: Yay I did!
    Today at 03:05:08 AM
  • Gard: Did I figure this out too?
    Today at 03:05:03 AM
  • Nienna: I’m doing well! It’s been a while since I even looked here. I’m glad to see a couple of posts from you, Cass!! <3
    April 18, 2019, 11:12:33 PM
  • Cass: I spy a Becca! :D
    April 18, 2019, 12:29:51 AM
  • thatguy2: hi
    April 16, 2019, 09:59:48 PM
  • Ulmo: How are you, Hades? <3
    April 12, 2019, 10:29:36 AM
  • Ulmo: You've got it sussed! :D
    April 12, 2019, 10:29:16 AM
  • Nienna: oh my!
    April 11, 2019, 11:33:43 PM
  • Nienna: how does this work
    April 11, 2019, 11:33:40 PM
  • Ulmo: Hey Lilic! You can grab the application form here [link] then you need to post the form, completed, in a new topic in the Character Applications board. You can have a look in the Character Directory for examples of approved characters. Hopefully this helps! :)
    February 16, 2019, 10:30:21 AM
  • Smaug: I need assistance; there the character application forum that I can't seem to get the hang of? How is it intended to be used?
    February 15, 2019, 08:00:20 PM
  • Smaug: I see, thank you for the heads up.
    February 15, 2019, 07:59:28 PM
  • Ulmo: Hey everyone! Our cbox was due to expire so we've moved to this SimplePortal shoutbox instead. You need to be logged in to post messages, so curious guesties should ask questions in the Questions & Suggestions board or come chat on our Discord server - [link] :)
    February 14, 2019, 05:10:36 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 30
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: [Pre-Hobbit] Celebrían [WIP]  (Read 27 times)

Celebrían

• Wanderers
    • View Profile
Celebrían [WIP]
« on: April 15, 2019, 04:54:22 AM »

CELEBRIAN

NAME:

Lady Celebrian.

NICKNAMES (IF ANY):

Not a nickname, per say, but was and is referred to by Galadriel as her "little Cysa", which was the Quenya* name given to the brightest northern star in Aman's sky, often used to give direction, purpose and sometimes just simple warmth to travellers and wanderers.   

(*obviously I'm using serious artistic license here, as Cysa is another name for Polaris, the North Star or Polar Star, possibly a shortened or locally altered misnomer of Cynosura, the Greek name for the star.)

TRILOGY:

Pre-Hobbit.

DATE OF BIRTH AND AGE (AS OF T.A. 2941/3019):

Born in the Spring, S.A. 376. Celebrian was 5, 579 years old upon her sailing to Valinor in T.A. 2510.

PLACE OF BIRTH: 

Lake Evendim, Nenuial, Northern Eriador.

RACE:

Elf.

Female.

HAIR COLOUR AND APPEARANCE: 

Silver-blonde, straight, often tied back in a looser, messier impression of the Elvish march-warden/guard do-up.

EYE COLOUR: 

Grey.

BODY TYPE AND HEIGHT: 

Lean, kind of wiry, positively tiny among her family's ancestry at a paltry 6'1". //sarcastic laughter

OVERALL APPEARANCE:  What do they most often wear? 

DISTINGUISHING MARKS: 

Not withstanding any mention of the scarring her imprisonment left behind, Celebrian's distinguishable traits are on the obvious side of things, her resemblance to her mother, including a quick-to-appear, infectious smile and a merry cackle of mischief that somehow stayed the trials of life without dimming. She also has a scarce smattering of freckles over her nose, and a little scar on her bottom lip due to a fall in her early adolescence from a tree into a cluster of thorny blackberry bushes.

WEAPONS:

N/A. She knows how to use a composite bow but didn't carry it around all the time. Her ability to cover her tracks, run fast and hide well could count though.

FACE CLAIM: 

Sienna Guillory.

STRENGTHS:  Just one or two will suffice.
WEAKNESSES:  Again, give a couple of examples.
ASPIRATIONS:  Do they have any dreams or goals?   
FEARS:  What frightens them?

PERSONALITY: 

~It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for – and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing. It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool – for love – for your dreams – for the adventure of being alive.~ - Oriah M.D.

HISTORY:  Again, we need some depth here, at least a few well-rounded paragraphs - go on, colour in their vibrant past! If your app is strictly from the Hobbit, please stop history at T.A. 2941. If LotR or both, please finish at T.A. 3018
YOUR NAME:  Dory.

EXPERIENCE:  Kind of a lot, definitely not enough to be infallible.

OTHER CHARACTERS:  Eowyn, Tintalde, Legolas, Dis, Eorik, Katja, Nymyari, Faenuriel, Galadriel Morwen, Rupa, Sefa.

HOW DID YOU FIND US?: I keep coming back here.

ROLE PLAY/WRITING SAMPLE: 
Do you have any idea how much it hurts even this maths-loving brain to work out the ages of Elves in the timeline? Oh my giddy aunt. .

« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 07:09:48 AM by Celebrían »

Tags: elves pre-hobbit 

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Friór: Super short (by my old trend) poke at some of my threads too <3
    Today at 03:09:28 AM
  • Faramir: Another reply for Éowyn/Dory, this time in Like Little Fireflies! [link]
    April 18, 2019, 11:08:25 PM
  • Faramir: Reply for Éowyn/Dory! [link]
    April 16, 2019, 02:59:48 PM