Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: I Ain't Dropping No Eaves  (Read 31 times)

Tauriel

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
I Ain't Dropping No Eaves
« on: May 15, 2018, 09:55:04 PM »
Tauriel put a hand on her hip. She wasn't best pleased with this new guard. She'd been given a selection of partly-trained novices and told to pick the best three. Not one of them was up to scratch but having sent them all back, she received a message with the exact same instructions. A few minutes later the same dozen guards trooped back in. Tauriel had sighed and done  the unthinkable. She'd picked three elves at random. None of them were much better than the rest.

She'd tried her best to instill her own training practices in her three new men, but they were struggling. Despite feeling frustrated and wanting to snap, she reined herself in and tried simply explaining again.

The elf standing before now had tired eyes and shaking hands. Shaking hands were the last thing she needed in a guard but he was under a lot of pressure.

"My Captain. Are we to fight?"

Tauriel's brow furrowed. Her eyes were dull. "I do not know. We must hope that it does not come to war."

"I cannot..." He took a gulp of air. "My Captain, I did not ask... I am not... I am not made of guard blood."

Tauriel had to agree with him. However, it wasn't a Captain's place to instill negativity, even where it was the truth. "Guards are not born. They are made." But some people just weren't meant to be guards.

Tags: bilbo