Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: An Inn in the mines {Kili}  (Read 351 times)

Briar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Melwen
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
An Inn in the mines {Kili}
« on: September 10, 2017, 08:15:58 PM »
“That kind of lux just ain't for us
We crave a different kind of buzz”

The inn was full of dwarves. Briar squeezed past a couple of armoured males to reach the bar. All she wanted was a mead. The usual wolf whistles went over her head as she pushed past. Her sword hung at her belt. She might’ve been the daughter of a rich dwarf, but that didn’t mean she was taking any chances.

Finally, Briar got to the bar. “Hey! A mead please!” She yelled. She had to yell, or she wouldn’t have stood a chance, not with this lot. A dwarf in a tunic and breeches flashed a smile at her.

Briar hissed. “Just… a mead.”

With her drink in her hand and her purse lighter, she glanced around for somewhere to sit. There’s too many of these idiots, She thought. Dozens of dwarves here, a multitude of brothers at home. Was there no relief? At least she had her looks. She was a rare blonde dwarf, an even rarer female too. She had a good dwarf nose and her clothing was the finest. Skilled, too, Briar reminded herself. I’m worth ten of these fools. How many of them made their own swords? And how many of those swords were as lux as Minecarver?

Briar spotted a table in the far corner. She made a beeline for it, careful not to spill her mead.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 08:18:56 PM by Briar »

Kíli

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Ali
Re: An Inn in the mines {Kili}
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 09:29:44 AM »
Kíli had always been a social butterfly. He could get someone's life story within seconds of meeting them. But the packed inn seemed to put him off from talking. As much as he loved drinking and talking, the vibe here threw him off almost completely.

The Dwarf prince managed to save himself from social interaction by slinking off to a forgotten table in the inn. He sat himself and his rustic beer on the shadowed seat. He didn't even notice the female Dwarf sit in front of him until he woke up from his mini daydream. It was probably about that new Adventure he'd been asked to go on. Taking back the Misty Mountains. How fun is that?

"You seem angry, my friend. These guys getting on your nerves, too?" Kíli shuffled over a bit so he was closer to the light. He offered Briar a smile. A smile that said 'you can trust me' rather than 'you can date me'.

Female Dwarves are rare, that's for sure. And Kíli knew that messing with one would be the last thing you'd ever want to do. After all, he is the son of Dís. Not even Thorin could escape her rage. But that's a series of fun stories for another day.

Kíli coughed slightly. "I can move, if you'd like. I really won't mind if you want your personal space and-" he stopped himself from rambling there.

Briar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 06:50:15 PM »
“I need something that can wash out the pain
And at most, I’m sleeping all these demons away,”

Briar sat down. She was tired and fed up of fighting to be heard amongst the noise of males. She sipped her mead, giving her the chance to look over her table companion. He seemed trustworthy.

"I'm sick of them. There's ten of the idiots at home." Briar said. "No offence meant." She sipped her mead again. "You're alright mate, thanks though. More polite than this lot,"

Briar wondered about this dwarf settled in a corner alone. Why wasn't he with a bunch of others? Dwarves tended to go about in packs. Bands of jokers, storytellers and rowdy singers. Or maybe that was just Briar's house.

She was distracted by thoughts of home. It was pleasantly empty at the moment. Most of her brothers were out fighting in various battles and Pa was on a quest to find something else big and scary to nearly kill him.

Kíli

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Ali
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 05:36:28 AM »
"Ten? That's a bit much, don't you think?" Kíli took a sip of his beer. Dwarves usually wouldn't have more than four children. And only that much if a son wasn't born first. Ten children was a bit unusual, and the prince was certainly a little bit shocked, but soon after he got over it.

"You're alright mate, thanks though. More polite than this lot,"

Kíli nodded his thanks and took another sip of his beer. "Normally I'd be just as rowdy as the rest of them but..." But he was leaving soon. Adventures weren't out of the ordinary for Dwarves. But chasing after dragons were. And he promised his uncle he wouldn't go around telling people about the Quest. "... but I've just been tired lately."

It wasn't entirely a lie. Erebor was further than he had ever travelled before. He was excited, yes, but the thought of seeing the lonely mountain and the tyrannical dragon weighed heavily on Kíli's shoulders. He was nervous, and that lead to sleepless nights and clouded thoughts. Drinking away said thoughts wasn't the best idea, but here we are.

Briar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 02:19:38 PM »
“They try to pull me away,
But they don’t know the truth,”

Briar rolled her eyes. “My parents… Just… Didn’t stop having us. I’m the middle child. Worse luck. You got any brothers?” She said. “Or a sister,” She whispered, hopefully, more to herself than to the dwarf. “Are they what’s wearing you out?” She grinned. “Because I know the feeling!”

The dwarf sipped her mead, careful not to stare at her companion. She had thought she wanted to be alone but now she found herself feeling glad he was with her. Suddenly she realised she hadn’t asked his name. She laid her mead down on the table. Briar had always been a fan of mead, since she was yay high to a footstool. The hard part was getting her parents to give her some. But that was where having five older brothers came in handy. Even the younger ones, once they arrived, had more chance of getting a mead than Briar. It wasn’t until she was 70 that she’d been allowed it. But Briar had been drinking mead regularly a long time before she turned 70.

Tags: kíli briar