Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: Adult Supervision?  (Read 395 times)

Gard

• OOC-Mentors
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Tracker: Plotter
Adult Supervision?
« on: July 23, 2017, 03:28:40 AM »
"Ills! H-wait up!", the Thirty year old dwarfling, Folkin II, second son and prince of Upcoming King Fíli and Queen Dagmar (Mama and Papa would be rulers but Great Uncle Thorin was going to live for eternity the small lad was sure! And that seemed fine by his parents!) jogged along as fast as his tiny legs would carry him after his slightly younger sister, and oldest of his three little sisters in that she was the oldest of the triplet set of them. He was concerned she was gonna go tumbling down the mountainside at the rate she was going!

Folkin himself had often taken just such a pace with his older brother, Flynn, as they charged off to some adventure, but the lad was possessed of the same guarding older brother type feelings that saw such a pace as dangerous for his little sister to be rushing at and fine for him and Flynn. Illmur wasn't charging to some adventure as at least her two older brothers would, but more towards Dale and the market for sweets and toys and such, and Folkin had said he'd take her. There was also a royal attendant and member of the court that was supposed to be with them, they thought, but off a mixup he didn't know he had been put in charge and thought someone else had the young prince and princess.

Illmur, unlike her two older brothers, was not a troublesome child (well, the trouble Folkin found decreased significantly without Flynn there to supply idea) and only got ahead by mere enthusiastic jogging and accident, so she soon stopped and turned back, a bright grin on her face and in her bright blue eyes and a giggle escaping, "Come on Foli!", it was a nickname she was experimenting with, but which hadn't seemed to spread and taken just yet, "Uncle Kíli said he heard a swarm of children from Lake Town were coming to Dale too to snag up all the sweets! We have to make sure we get some!".

Folkin gave a fond smile as he stopped at the bottom of the ridge with his sister, and still a bit from the local town of Men, "Oh Ills, he was teasing, how could he know that?", the lad asked, yet in the back of his mind hoped it wasn't true. Still, of all his uncles, he'd learned to take what Uncle Kíli on Papa's side and Uncle Kophas on Mama's told him with the most grains of salt, and to watch for what kind of smile they told things to their nieces and nephews with.

Still, What if he wasn't... weighed both of the young dwarflings' minds...

"Ok, but slowly", Folkin gave in, then glanced back, "and where'd Sir Dur go? I think Mama won't like it if we lose him".

"Oh, what if he's already there worrying on us!", from such as Flynn it would have been excuse, but Illmur honestly worried over this and thought that must have been what happened, "Come on!", she grabbed her brother's hand and charged off across the landscape with more purpose to reach Dale and put their poor babysitter's mind at ease.
Bilbo Baggins/ Dagmar/ Fritz/ Líknví/ Saga/ Kargach/ Anlaf/ Nyx/ Nauroval/ Gard/ Sofia/ Wes/ Friór/ Harper
TAFA Dwarflngs: Folkin II/ Illmur

Awesomeness of Awesome Sketches collaged in Avatar done by Wonderful Blue! <3

Anlaf

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Gard
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
Re: Adult Supervision?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 03:30:31 AM »
Now where was it? Anlaf scoured and scanned the face of the mountain for a good long while, but still could not see what had once been so very obvious. Of course that was approaching eons ago...

He'd not been a guard at the time, not even a young aspiring one, a bit older than even his oldest grandson from Dagmar, Flynn, but still a child, and one who liked to prove to his companions he could do things, like find and 'build' a club house hole in the side of the mountain.

"You know what the problem is, you went and made the thing too small or too hidden, and now can't even find it yourself!", he chuckled. It was about the same problem Thorin had run into with the hidden door, though it had been his grandfather who had written the map and hidden the door. But then...Thorin himself had been way older than Ashar and Flynn are now, the old warrior consoled himself with, to convince himself he wasn't that old yet!

He then went back to trying to find his own hidden doorway and cave, frowning with crossed arms when it still remained elusive, and scanning the mountain once more. In truth, he'd only moved a few paces since the whole of his search had begun. At this rate, he should find it by sunset, he supposed.

"Maybe it only shows from a farther angle", he then guessed, and walked so that the mountain became an almost distant shadow, but detail could still be seen, on a broader scale, from over a sort of ridge, then he scanned yet again.

This was about the only important thing the old warrior and councilor had to do at the moment, Liv was currently fussing over Dagmar, Illmur (he supposed), Ingmar and Ingdis in the way only a mother and grandmother could and getting caught up on events and such.

Anlaf himself wouldn't be needed for a while, and would even be in the way. Of course he could entrain the boys but he thought they were preoccupied too.

Hmm...he thought he saw where part of the mountain had a cleft that allowed...

Anlaf took a step to the side to get a better view, before finding himself roughly rammed into by a surprisingly small package. Two, he noticed, as the two dwarflings went plopping backwards also. Anlaf promptly laughed upon seeing them, or upon seeing Folkin on the ground, but then it caught up with him he was being quite shameful that his granddaughter also had received the same. Shameful toward both really.

"Well Bless, Folkin! Illmur! You'll forgive your clumsy grandfather I trust, here Illmur, I'm dreadfully sorry...", he helped the lass up and gave Folkin an apologetic nod also, mainly as he allowed him to remain on the ground all while brushing at Illmur's skirts and ensure the little lass wasn't dirtied or injured, just as one did with a girl and Anlaf's grandfatherly affection adoring both, and all, but coddling only Ills in his old fashioned ways.

He smiled and placed an arm around both though once it was shown they were alright, "Well, and what are you both doing out and about? Ills I thought your Grandmodi was fixing you and your sisters' hair?", he wasn't criticizing her being out here, her own mother had wandered to sunlit meadows too, but was curious.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 01:53:00 PM by Anlaf »

Sig by wonderful Rah <3
(darkred)

Gard

• OOC-Mentors
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 07:29:37 PM »
{Cass, since I know at some point you'll stalk this, if I say anything wrong on Flynn etc let me know alright? I'm just going off the wee clues I've got thus far on him <3}

The thought, again no doubt false and a tease from their uncle, that all the sweets in the market place might be snatched up urged Illmur's feet faster so that soon Folkin was jogging to keep up to his sister while she still held his hand captured. He'd daren't let go, though,  at this pace if he once lost his sister, he might actually lose her! In the market place or out on these fields! And he wouldn't even have Flynn here to help him find her!

As the second oldest, Folkin had fallen comfortably into knowledge that he didn't exactly have to have everything under control, that was what Flynn was for...but...then next was him and...with how distracted Flynn could be at times...he knew he wasn't fully off the hook.

The two didn't get all that far either way before first Illmur and then Folkin rammed into a someone and both went tumbling back. Even as both glanced up, the voice gave identification first and before sight.

"Well Bless, Folkin! Illmur! You'll forgive your clumsy grandfather I trust, here Illmur, I'm dreadfully sorry..."

"Grandfadi!", Folkin grinned and stood, not minding one bit having to dust himself off. Illmur hugged Anlaf as soon as she was seen to, giggling at his apologies, "You're fine, Grandfadi, I was rushing too fast", she explained, and probably would have gone on to say at what, if their grandfather hadn't then asked after it.

"Well, and what are you both doing out and about? Ills I thought your Grandmodi was fixing you and your sisters' hair?"

Both young dwarflings put their own arms around their grandfather as he did such and they continued along, thankfully the way they had been going before and towards town, though it seemed their grandfather was just following them now.

"Oh...well yes, I...I was going to let her do it later", Illmur said, a bit hesitantly, hoping she'd chosen right with her decision. Grandmodi had seemed to have her hands full, literally, with her other two sisters and their braids.

"We're heading to Dale to get sweets before they're all gone...Uncle Kili...said we might be late", Illmur then commented, the reason sounding silly now that she said it to her grandfather.

"Sir Dur was with us...but we lost him", Folkin added, lest their grandfather think they just took off on their own, "but we think he might be in town". A pause, "What are you doing out here?", asked not so much in a challenge as curiosity and even anticipation, with twinkling blue-green eyes. Folkin just had this feeling it was something grand.
Bilbo Baggins/ Dagmar/ Fritz/ Líknví/ Saga/ Kargach/ Anlaf/ Nyx/ Nauroval/ Gard/ Sofia/ Wes/ Friór/ Harper

Anlaf

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Gard
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 07:54:07 PM »
Despite his complete clumsiness in ramming into them (or letting them ram into him really) Anlaf's two grandchildren greeted him eagerly enough. Anlaf debated yet again how it was he had gotten so lucky, first with Andar's kids and now Dagmar and Fíli filling the caverns with more and more laughter and tiny feet it seemed.

The old warrior chuckled and hugged them back in an almost bear hug before letting them free.

Their answers lent more intrigue to what they were doing than at first suspected, as children often did.

"Oh...well yes, I...I was going to let her do it later", Illmur went on to explain, sounding a bit hesitant and like he had been challenging her decision. Anlaf smiled to show that had not been the intention, and also saw much of the reasoning behind it.

"Ills your grandmodi  is very skilled at giving even a whole gaggle of dwarflings equal attention, thanks to your mother and many uncles, don't you ever feel you gotta skip out of the way. With either of us" he said quietly and before taking in what Folkin next said after Illmur explained on the sweets and their destination, almost in a proving of concept.

"Sir Dur was with us...but we lost him...but we think he might be in town"

Anlaf laughed, "Lost your supervision? And an esteemed member of the court...not as esteemed as your grandfather, but almost...what will your parents say? And I don't think they'll be able to get many other favors such as watching you, now". Of course any and all criticisms was jesting, and Anlaf actually looked a tad bit proud...since they were unhurt and all.

"Well then let's find him at all haste, and these sweets before your Uncle Kíli is proven right!", Anlaf tried to keep the jest going, but his smile seemed to give him away. Not laughing at his dear grand-dwarflings, but the situation and jest itself in a way.

"What are you doing out here?", Folkin next asked, and just the thing for a lad to next wonder on!

Anlaf smiled to him again, debating answer, then went with the truth, still not trying for planting bad idea. Wouldn't do for both Liv and Dagmar to be upset at him!

"Oh searching out things I thought here when I was a lad myself before, but helping you two in your Quest sounds like quite more a heroic task!", he answered truthfully and responsibly.

Sig by wonderful Rah <3
(darkred)

Gard

• OOC-Mentors
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 03:03:57 PM »
Grandfadi gave them both a giant, tight hug such as he often did, and which communicated so much. The two Dwarflngs both giggled as they were swept up off their tiny feet and then set back down. Their grandfather then going on to listen intently to their answers in a way few adults did. Most in their family, though.

His smile seemed to reassure Illmur that he had not been questioning her choice, his words also going on to reassure as to that, and much else besides. "Ills your grandmodi  is very skilled at giving even a whole gaggle of dwarflings equal attention, thanks to your mother and many uncles, don't you ever feel you gotta skip out of the way. With either of us".

Illmur gave a shy smile, sort of embarrassed this was spot on as to how she had felt, and knowing she shouldn't, and softly grateful for her grandfather's words as well. "I know...thanks Grandfadi", she gave another soft hug even as Folkin went on explaining about what they had been up to.

Her brother didn't sound the least bit sorry for having lost their supervision, but Illmur was and winced slightly as if their grandfather would think them bad for having done such. Anlaf just laughed though, being met with a grateful  smile out of Illmur and Folkin grinning bigger.

"Lost your supervision? And an esteemed member of the court...not as esteemed as your grandfather, but almost...what will your parents say? And I don't think they'll be able to get many other favors such as watching you, now", he went on.

Both of the Dwarflings knew he was jesting, for the most part, and smiled back, Illmur's growing as well. "Of course not!", Folkin exclaimed, "You're the best council member ever".

Illmur knew what her brother meant, but still smiled softly again, half worried, half amused, as she leaned over, "Foli...Papa and Uncle Thorin are both on the council too...". The little Dwarfling's face fell as he realized the trouble with his statement. He had entirely too much influential family, that was what it was!

Flynn would have corrected and found some clever statement, but his younger brother floundered a bit before grabbing the excuse of Grandfadi helping them with finding Sir Dur and his further questioning on what Anlaf was doing out here also! Grandfadi was still sort of vague with it, stating he would rather help them anyway, but Folkin had the feeling it had been grand whatever it was, and he would return to said question before they went home!

Oh that was right! Grandfadi and Grandmodi had been here too when the dragon came that first time. Despite knowing the history of it, generally anyway, Folkin couldn't help imagining his grandfather (both of them probably!) standing boldly at the gate defending.

The market of Dale came in sight as they approached, and Illmur was very glad to have Grandfadi here now because she knew without him Folkin would be darting through the crowd and she'd have to rush to try to keep up. He wouldn't lose her, of course, but it would still be hard to keep track of him.

Both Dwarflings scanned, but they didn't see Sir Dur, not right away anyway. Maybe along their way to the sweet stalls! Folkin jogged forward, pushing past and under one of the first people to be in his way, politely, or attempted, still, he was a young prince of Erebor who had been raised right after all, "'scuse me...pardon...".

Tags: anlaf