• Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM
  • Dís: Eeeeeh hi again Icewolf!
    July 22, 2019, 11:13:41 PM
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
  • thatguy2: yeah
    May 14, 2019, 04:32:36 AM
  • Nienna: Gonna have to try my hand at a Sawda post for Becca. :)
    May 14, 2019, 04:29:32 AM
  • Galadriel: I love it. It's like a WHO AM I GOING TO BE TODAY game. XD
    May 10, 2019, 01:05:58 AM
  • thatguy2: it did :O
    May 09, 2019, 11:19:24 PM
  • Jo: The chatbox changed...
    May 09, 2019, 07:14:24 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 33
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: Song and Dance in the Hall of Fire  (Read 841 times)

Glorfindel

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Becca
Song and Dance in the Hall of Fire
« on: June 01, 2017, 01:39:37 AM »
OOC: Open to whoever and date and such is up to whoever joins.

IC: There was nothing quite like a relaxing evening in the Halls of Fire after a day of sparring and training, as well as what little paperwork he had to do. It was nowhere the amount of his Lord’s and of Erestor’s but even he had some that needed to be done. Of course, he did tend to put it off as much of possible. Though now that he thought of it, Glorfindel was sure that there were quite a few pretty elleths that would gladly do his paperwork for him. He shook his head amusedly. There had been no one that had caught his eye yet and there were times when he thought that perhaps there was no one for him. Not that he was upset about that thought but it still would be nice to find someone.

He rolled his shoulders as he forced those thoughts away from him as he entered the Hall. It was not too busy nor was it empty. He scanned the Hall for no one in particular though he absently noted that Lord Elrond was missing this night. He also did not see Lady Arwen or the twins. He brightened when someone handed him some warm mulled wine, glad for it and the warmth it gave him. He nodded his thanks and settled against a wall not far from the fire. The minstrel saw him and gave him a nod, before they started to play a song from Doriath. The choice of song made him smirk as the thought of Lord Celeborn missing it flitted across his mind, before he willed it away and relaxed, enjoying the music, the words and tune bringing the audience to a hunt under the moonlight before Arnor arose after the Two Trees were destroyed.

Bilbo Baggins

• Hobbits
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Gard
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
Re: Song and Dance in the Hall of Fire
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 02:09:48 AM »
{3019? I guess it could be any time after the Fellowship came through}

Bilbo Baggins was feeling awful; plain and simple. You have a problem you won’t face. The Hobbit sighed. How long now had that rung true?

“I found something...my courage”

What if he’d told Gandalf then...

Would it spare Frodo now? Bilbo sighed again. Frodo was now tasked with his own Quest, and had left Rivendell to face it, much as Bilbo had done once, long ago. But this was not a reclaimed kingdom.

Catching back up with Gloin (and meeting his son so like him) had been bitter sweet, as he now knew the full extent of trouble Bilbo's Secret caused. Of course he’d come clean years earlier, before leaving them, but it was just a supposed harmless bit of magic then.

Not the Destruction of the World!

Though Gloin was good enough not to accuse Bilbo.

Blind Fool! If you had thrown it away...

The Dark Forces could have just have easily found it, there was no guarantee the world would be better. But a part of Bilbo selfishly didn't care for the whole world if his nephew didn't have to carry this burden. Just further naive, for Frodo would be doomed with all the Shire in that event.

Gazing out upon the spectacular falls, Bilbo sighed. He'd come here, after his 111th birthday, to try to forget himself and find some peace the Shire had ceased providing, and while he'd found it, these concerns came back in with the now Fellowship that had set out, as he and his long ago Company had done, though again to a less severe extent.

Beyond these true concerns, Bilbo knew what else was bothering him. His moment of weakness in front of Frodo when he...no, he would never have attacked his boy for the Ring! Never! He'd been outfitting him with Mithril and other such things he would need, after all. Things so like Bilbo had needed for his Quest.

As if he needed to feel his old age, he'd felt like a dotting old Hobbit grandfather who spouted about useless things, even showing off Sting.

That at least would have been a moment better than the other to have come.

Bilbo's head bowed with the weight of his guilt again, and he turned, trudging away from the pools and back towards the inner sanctums of Elrond's Halls again. "Though I hardly deserved them...", he muttered. Elrond was beyond kind to let him stay.

Bilbo wasn't sure how his steps took him to Hall of Fire, but the music caught his attention first, and he paused to listen to it, entering the Hall without quite knowing it as he did so. He blinked, feeling caught out and small (and not just for physical height) and gave a smile to the Elves in the room, "Sorry, I...didn't mean to interrupt, please, go on...it's...lovely". He felt he could give some words of guessing as to the subject matter, but then refrained in case he was wrong and just sounded like a foolish Halfling.

Still looking sort of pensive, Bilbo took a seat in a corner of the room.

(mediumblue)

Idhrenion

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Hades
  • Application: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
Re: Song and Dance in the Hall of Fire
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 04:52:47 AM »
You should not have pouted so, Fairone.” He teased his own horse. She was in the stall across from the grey stallion he was stabling.

Fairone snoted, and stamped her foot.

Ren ignore her as he removed the saddle, the blanket, and grabbed the brush.

Someone else entered the stable at the same time. Who could be out this late? He wondered, peering around the corner. A woman, an Elleth to be exact, was leading her horse to one of the empty stalls. She was wearing traveling clothes, and her cloak looked worn. She glanced in his direction, and he quickly turned away, but not before he saw the curiosity in her eyes.

He turned back to his stallion, and started brushing. He could hear the woman speaking a strange language to her own horse, and he listened with interest. It wasn’t Elvish, which was curious, as the woman was clearly Elven herself.

They finished about the same time. He stopped to check on Fairone. She was still pouting. The woman came up, and started to talk in the plain tongue, “I think she may be trying to tell you something.

Ren looked at her, “How do you know?

My, uh, family raises horses. They’re quite the experts.” She replied, stroking the nose of Fairone. Something within Ren stirred when she did. He didn’t like anyone touching what belonged to him.

And, just what is it that she is trying to tell me?” Ren asked.

The woman looked at Fairone, then back at him. “She is carrying a foal.

A few minutes later they were both in the Hall of Fire. Ren had learned that her name was Ginger, but that was about it. Something was off about her, and he couldn’t place his finger on it. He had come earlier than Glorfindel, and he watched him walk in. The lyre player changed songs, and *he handed Glorfindel a drink.

Some time passed, and a Hobbit came into the hall. “Please… go on… it’s lovely…” He said. His hair was grey, and he was clearly much older than he appeared. But, then again, Ren didn’t know much about hobbits and how old they might live to be. He had only heard tales about their peaceful life, and usually those who lived peacefully had no reason to leave their own homes. This one, however, had chosen to do so, and it was a curiosity! At least to Ren.

If Ren had known anything about Hobbits, he would have known that there was a wild strain that took off on adventures often...

[ooc: Ginger makes an appearance, it's completely up to you guys if you want her fully in on this. She would be more open towards Bilbo, but Ren relates more to Glorfindel... if that makes sense. So, both of you have something to respond to, I guess. If that is route you want to go.

FYI: This post was 10 times longer than what I have just posted. XD It's missing the top two paragraphs...lol]

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Gard of Lake-town: Tag for Thatguy [link]
    May 17, 2019, 03:01:04 AM
  • thatguy2: tag for Gard [link]
    May 14, 2019, 05:38:28 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Thread for Eofor/Thatguy [link]
    May 11, 2019, 02:46:13 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Reply for Hades/Altair! [link]
    May 08, 2019, 04:09:02 PM
  • Nienna: Post to Teachers Vent [link] *crosses fingers*
    May 07, 2019, 01:14:34 AM
  • Faramir: Reply for Becca/Éomer! [link]
    May 01, 2019, 11:59:42 PM
  • Faramir: Plots back for Dory! [link]
    April 30, 2019, 10:21:06 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag Cass/Faramir <3 [link]
    April 30, 2019, 01:57:05 PM
  • Éowyn: Thread starter for Eofer/ThatGuy: [link]
    April 30, 2019, 09:00:17 AM
  • Faramir: Faramir plots for Meren/Lothíriel... two years late. Sorry about that! [link]
    April 29, 2019, 09:12:22 PM
  • Tintaldé: Tag for Whit/Elrohir [link]
    April 23, 2019, 04:48:08 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Whit/Thranduil. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:41:52 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Becca/Celeborn. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:19:03 PM
  • Friór: Super short (by my old trend) poke at some of my threads too <3
    April 19, 2019, 03:09:28 AM
  • Faramir: Another reply for Éowyn/Dory, this time in Like Little Fireflies! [link]
    April 18, 2019, 11:08:25 PM
  • Faramir: Reply for Éowyn/Dory! [link]
    April 16, 2019, 02:59:48 PM