• Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Gard: *snugs Hades* <3
    September 08, 2020, 01:53:19 PM
  • Nienna: lord have mercy on my stressed soul...
    September 04, 2020, 01:34:16 PM
  • Dory: And one for Hera/Elladan. :3
    August 03, 2020, 05:53:40 AM
  • Dory: Finally got to Cirdan's plotter, Guiga. <3
    August 03, 2020, 05:31:01 AM
  • Gard: I'm good! ^^ Hope you had fun! <3
    July 31, 2020, 09:58:18 PM
  • Ristiinna: Back from my camping trip. How's everyone?
    July 30, 2020, 09:38:19 PM
  • Nienna: Becca! I’ll work on a Ren post when I get off work! ❤️
    July 24, 2020, 11:39:33 PM
  • Nienna: Hello hello!
    July 24, 2020, 11:39:03 PM
  • Nienna: <3
    July 20, 2020, 02:57:05 AM
  • Guiga: No problem, Hades. I'm still catching up on posts as well.
    July 19, 2020, 05:17:39 AM
  • Nienna: oh my god it's embarrassing how long that took me to get out, Guiga! </3 I am SO SO SO SO SO sorry! But some things happened, and all should be good to go again.
    July 18, 2020, 05:56:29 PM
  • RonnieRoo: Wowie!
    July 15, 2020, 10:03:00 PM
  • Hera: @Ari. Your reply is posted as well. Next is Gard's as Pellavan.
    July 12, 2020, 08:41:33 AM
  • Hera: Wrong account.
    July 12, 2020, 08:40:20 AM
  • Gandalf: @Dory. I hope you find the dogs.
    July 12, 2020, 08:39:54 AM
  • Ari: (Marbys & Gard) Got my post out! *shoots confetti cannon* I do believe Gard is next. :)
    July 12, 2020, 07:58:12 AM
  • Ari: (Dory) Aw, I do hope your puppers are okay ;_;
    July 12, 2020, 02:16:14 AM
  • Ari: I've been distracted binge-watching Bob's Burgers, ngl  X'D  My post for Ann & Naur -Marbys & Gard- is a'comin!
    July 12, 2020, 02:14:24 AM
  • Dory: I'm going to try and start writing on my day off next week tho.
    July 11, 2020, 11:28:12 AM
  • Dory: You'll have to forgive me too. There has been...a lot going on. Starting with our dogs at the farm going missing. :/
    July 11, 2020, 11:27:47 AM

* Directories

RPG-D RPG Initiative

* Awards

Author Topic: God is a Girl  (Read 3582 times)

Galadriel

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Dory
God is a Girl
« on: May 14, 2017, 11:03:57 AM »
((I'm going to be a garbage can and resurrect this anew because the member base has shifted enormously since I first tried her out.))

~~all of this, all that there is, i wish for you.

the friends. Of course, she's like most -- there's close friends, then there's friends, then there's acquaintances, though not everyone necessarily slots into a neat little box. Some might be in between one of the two. Much to Galadriel's amusement and occasional distress, though, she tends to intimidate the absolute hell out of people on first impression despite having a surprisingly gregarious personality under that elven prettiness, which can make it a little hard to make friends to and fro, and it's just that little bit harder when one in a certain kind of authority has to find that line, too. That being said, it's very likely that unless she's offended, she'll do her best to help you if you're truly ailing, and she rarely ever forgets a face or the name attached.

the lovers. gandalf I'M KIDDING DON'T SPEAR ME IT'S CELEBORN ALL CELEBORN HER OTHER HALF SHE'D DIE CELEBORN OKAY YEAH OKAY ELF BONDS YO. shecanbeatinybitofaflirtthough

the enemies. Sauron/the Necromancer. Dark Forces. Durin's Bane. The One Ring. Smaug. Those with malice in their hearts. Each and every threat to Middle Earth, especially Lothlorien. The list goes on.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:14:19 AM by Galadriel »

played by Dory

Becca

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Becca
Re: God is a Girl
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 01:48:27 AM »
So I have several characters to interact with Galadriel:

Celeborn & Galadriel: So these two will obviously interact since they are married and have been for like 6000+ years. Though I have slowly moved him away from his rabid dislike of Nenya and Celebrimbor so you know, Dory.

Elrond & Galadriel: These two are two of the main members of the White Council and she is also his mother-in-law (as well as two of the most powerful Elves in Middle Earth/rulers of realms and ringbearers).

Sam & Galadriel: Sam is very much awed by Elves in general and likely Galadriel in particular but he'd also be super polite and all.

Himthoron & Galadriel: My Lorien OC is Celeborn's maternal uncle and his bodyguard/main confidedante (after Galady of course) as well as main sparring partner. He rather distrusts Noldor to this day and thinks that she and Celeborn are a very bad match for his nephew but is polite to her and will protect her if Celeborn asks him to.

Glorfindel & Galadriel: So I have Glorfy as Findis' only son, which makes he and Galady cousins (and he likely still sometimes calls her Artanis but very occasionally). He very chill and patient.

I also still have Trenardir in Rivendell who likes being a pain in everyone's neck and create questionable ditties about them. I have a few other characters that are less likely to interact with Galadriel.

Galadriel

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 06:21:03 AM »
celeborn && galadriel

Of course. I'm still going to make you play that out with/for me though, darling. That whole issue is kind of a big deal and a big part of Galadriel's life. I am also keen as beans for DoS/BotFA set threads because Galadriel was a BAMF but also was a hurt/magically weakened BAMF.

elrond && galadriel

Of course I would love threads with these two, and he'd probably be part of a BotFA thread. Would love to hear any ideas you have, though, before I spout off. Everything said so far is pretty much known facts about them.

sam && galadriel

He's such a bean, forever my favourite Hobbit, and probably hers too. She's always had faith in him second only to her faith in Frodo. Not a whole lot to work with, but they'd likely meet again after the Fellowship are in Lorien when she's in Gondor following the War of the Ring.

himthoron && galadriel

Sucks to be him, considering Elves form life bonds with their mates. xD

glorfindel && galadriel

I think that as Himthoron is to Celeborn, Glorfindel very well could be to Galadriel as far as confidantes went. He went away for a loooong time (the short and sweet of Glorfindel's whole history xD) but he's very much a link to her past (calling her Artanis would certainly enforce that) and likely one of the only people in the entire universe combined she might still look up to in some small way or other. Just as a start.

played by Dory

Becca

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 05:26:00 AM »
Cel & Galady: I think by The Hobbit/LOTR, he's at least mostly gotten over it and mostly just worries about Nenya in relationship to how it wearies her and makes her more susceptible to the One (one reason in my mind he was eager in the book to remove the Fellowship from Lothlorien so he wouldn't be the hubby of the Dark Queen >.>). But finishing hashing it out is always a good thing. With the post BAFTA, I've always had in my mind that Cel is waiting for her not far from Dol Guldur and Elrond deposits her in his care.

Elrond & Galady: I think him trying to talk to Galady about his feelings for  Celebrian (and being absulotuely terrified of the possibility of her as a mother-in-law) sounds rather hilarious :D *reminds self to soon write a short story thing about that with him and Cel* But BOFTA thread(s) sound good and maybe White Council threads as well?

Sam & Galady: For a pre-end of the War thread, we could have a post-Mirror thread?

Himthoron & Galady: He knows there is nothing he can do and has softened towards her AKA had Cel glare at him one to many times. He mostly limits it all towards him muttering darkly to himself, giving up for a time at Cel's insistence. A thread right after Cel & Galady's wedding where he super grumpy might be amusing? Ot have them have a rare moment of him being almost nice to her?

Glorfy & Galady: Not as short or sweet but funy: was BAMF, died, came back, did almost nothing >.> But we could even do a Grinding Ice thread (dealing with angst from Kinslaying #1 for the win?) for some background of these two? And maybe her learning he's alive and back in ME and seeing him for the first?

Éowyn

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Application: Plotter
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 05:46:46 AM »
celeborn && galadriel

I actually want to posit the theory that she had to spend a little bit of time in Rivendell after. It gives a little more room to move (and who knows what kind of feels a journeying back home thread between Elrond and Galadriel could bring), and if you wanted to work it in with Celeborn not being too far, he could be at that half way point between Dol Guldor and Rivendell. I mean, I definitely want an OTP thread in the aftermath of all that, but I am pretty set on the notion that she stays in Rivendell a tiny while.

elrond && galadriel

It could be humourous, yes, but she's not a tyrant. I don't imagine most Elf parents are, so long as their children finding happiness is concerned. She is a protective mother, but she does think and care a great deal for Elrond. A lot of her attention did, admittedly, go to Celeborn's grief in the aftermath of Celebrian sailing, but she did think of Elrond. It could be another idea, in fact, that even though she's thinking of everyone else, he's thinking of her to and what she MUST be going through in her own mind and heart. More feels, potentially.

himrothon && galadriel

She's not going to feel he has any right to continue behaving the way he does, to be honest, and if he keeps it up for too long, she'll probably politely tell him to go and drown himself in a well. It's not something she'd find humourous at all, because considering the way Elves bond with their mates in the lore, Himthoron's behaviour could be seen as bordering beyond the suspicious and grumpy and into the jealous and cruel. Elves usually die when they lose their mate, so for her, anyone behaving like that would cause a great deal of distress.

glorfindel && galadriel

Those are definite ideas, yes (and full of SO MANY FEELS OW). They've got a lot of background and very few left in the world anymore either can talk to on such a level of understanding. I might need to reorient myself a bit again before taking on the Helacraxe or anything, but I am definitely for either his coming back and her seeing him for the first, or even when the Kinslaying comes out in Doriath because man, we know how that messed with her and nearly messed a lot up for her, not even INCLUDING her relationship with a certain silver princeling.

'i've learned that strength is something you choose'

Becca

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 12:26:05 AM »
Cel & Galady: I'm not sure he'd be comfortable being too far from her since he likely has an inkling something bad might happen >.> But if she asked him to wait for her in Rivendell, he would. But post-BOTFA thread between these two will be needed (as well as all the threads >.>)

Elrond & Galady: He knows that she's not a tyrant but he still has the general terror that anyone has with their future in-law. I like the idea of him worrying more about her (and Cel) when his wife sails, partly as his way of coping. Maybe a thread about that?

Himthoron & Galady: He accepts their bond but he mostly still thinks they are a poor match. To be fair most of his true reasons for everything is how protective he is of Cel. And that she is a Noldor and in his mind, they and Dwarves are the reasons the world has had so much trouble. So by now, its not really personal. Plus, he's just a little grumpy in general.

Glorfy & Galady: We can wait for the Helacraxe. But I'm up for either him returning or Second Kinslaying.

Are there any of these you wanted to do first? I don't mind starting one or two (though it might take a few days depending on my actual muse and such)

Éowyn

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 03:38:35 AM »
Cel.

That all works fine. I would say she'd ask him to wait. Both out of love and because if anything like the worst happened, they needed at least one living member of the White Council. I can start it.

Elrond.

Yup, I like it. Same with Glorfindel. But if your muse is that off, I'm happy to refrain for now. You have a lot of people waiting for you to feel better so I'm not about to add more pressure.

Himrothon.

Nothing's going to justify him, I'm afraid. She's aware of the past all too well, but he's not someone she considers with a right to hold on like he has just to direct it at her. He's just being cruel and if he hasn't responded to her trying to be warm and hospitable to him before, she's not bothering anymore by this point. Galadriel is nobody's punching bag, as she's proven time and time again.

Whitney

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 04:06:08 AM »
Even though I probably won't have time for any posts until June, I do have time to toss out a few plots and do a bit of planning!

Elrohir and Galadriel: Obviously, we should plan something for these two. I'd like to think Elrohir would have an easier time confiding in his grandmother than he might with his father. I could see him seeking out Galadriel's advice, or maybe not even advice, but just someone to talk to about all those complicated thoughts he gets himself bogged down with sometimes.  I do like the idea of him going to her to talk about his feelings for Tintalde, too.

Tinuvagor and Galadriel:  Would love to pick up where we left off with these two.  I'm still interested in working towards Tinuvagor's redemption. 

Arwen (Missy)

• Archived
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Missy
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 05:24:43 AM »
Arwen and Galadriel?

Galadriel

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 05:32:15 AM »
elrohir.

My affection for the relationship these two could have is real. Galadriel may be more the 'athletic' type than the 'scholar' type, for lack of a better descriptor, but she truly loves her grandchildren dearly and delights in the difference between the otherwise identical twins. Their visits in her youth would always have been a break in the drudgery of daily life (century? xD) and she would always spare a moment should Elrohir so much as send a note asking to visit and speak with her.

Also, she likes Tintalde. Because mind-reading and shit deux ex machina giving her an insight into the poor kid's rewired brain receptors. Hell yeah.

tinuvagor.

You know it, lady. This plot intrigued the hell out of me and I've always wanted to explore whether or not giving him leave to seek atonement through her would help her embrace and move on from the dregs of guilt she herself still has for not doing more to stop the First and Second Kinslaying (not the Third, we know she fought *against* her own kin over that).

arwen.

Sure thing, Missy. But I'm not sure what you're asking, to tell you the truth. Could you provide me with a little more of what's on your mind? I don't tend to do even cute little slice of life family threads without at least some idea of where it starts and ends.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 06:37:50 AM by Galadriel »

played by Dory

Becca

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 12:09:18 AM »
Cel & Galady: Coolio. Can't wait :)

Elrond/Glorfy & Galady: I can do a thread for Elrond & Galady if you can at some point do Glorfy & Galady.

Himthoron & Galady: I have an idea. He's still rather grumpy but he has warmed up towards her but he does like to grumble about her as an inside joke. He still is a bit distrustful of Noldor though >.> But he makes an exception for her much like Cel

Éowyn

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 01:06:35 AM »
BECCA.

Er...do you mean an exception like Celeborn does, or did I misread that? Because if I didn't misread that, we've got a problem so far as equitable marriages go. As for Himrothon - he can do that. She still won't like it considering a) it's been Thousands of years and b)  she fought against some of her own in the Second or Third KS.

(Also, please stop calling her Galady. :))

Becca

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 02:37:16 AM »
(Sorry Dory. I will)

As for the Celeborn/Himthoron thing, I was referring to the whole disliking Noldor thing. Celeborn at first mostly distrusted Noldor for a while (especially in regards to the Kinslayings) but she was an exception to his whole "grr Noldor icky". But now, he (and Himthoron) has mostly forgiven Noldor except a few notable exceptions but he likes to tease her about being very Noldor-like.

Galadriel

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2017, 11:50:10 AM »
WHIT I DID YOU A FRIGHTEN: http://www.thehobbitroleplay.com/index.php?topic=8615.msg30856#msg30856

where did your posts go on this plotter though whaaaat

played by Dory

Becca

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 01:14:03 AM »
I forget to let you know about this >.> http://www.thehobbitroleplay.com/index.php?topic=8603.0 (Elrond and Galadriel thread)

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Galadriel: thread starter for Celeborn/Becca <3
    August 19, 2020, 11:22:12 AM
  • Ristiinna: Checking in on Arthfael with Ristiinná...
    August 03, 2020, 04:31:47 PM
  • Dory: Plotter tag for Elladan/Hera! <3
    August 03, 2020, 05:53:20 AM
  • Galadriel: Plotter tag for Cirdan/Guiga! <3
    August 03, 2020, 05:30:20 AM
  • Gard: For Guiga [link]
    July 24, 2020, 06:54:05 PM
  • Gard: For Ari! [link]
    July 22, 2020, 02:52:00 PM
  • Nienna: for Gard! [link] let me know if anything needs edits...
    July 20, 2020, 04:15:22 AM
  • Nienna: Far too long, but I should have more free time now: [link]
    July 18, 2020, 05:55:42 PM
  • Nauroval: Reply for Shadowfax and Annúngilel [link]
    July 17, 2020, 07:37:07 PM
  • Nienna: for Thranduil [link]
    July 17, 2020, 01:14:38 AM
  • Gandalf: Reply for Shadowfax [link]
    July 12, 2020, 08:21:28 AM
  • Ari: Reply for Gard and Marbys! [link]
    July 12, 2020, 07:56:59 AM
  • Annúngilel: Reply for Nauroval and Shadowfax [link]