• Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM
  • Dís: Eeeeeh hi again Icewolf!
    July 22, 2019, 11:13:41 PM
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
  • thatguy2: yeah
    May 14, 2019, 04:32:36 AM
  • Nienna: Gonna have to try my hand at a Sawda post for Becca. :)
    May 14, 2019, 04:29:32 AM
  • Galadriel: I love it. It's like a WHO AM I GOING TO BE TODAY game. XD
    May 10, 2019, 01:05:58 AM
  • thatguy2: it did :O
    May 09, 2019, 11:19:24 PM
  • Jo: The chatbox changed...
    May 09, 2019, 07:14:24 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: [Hobbit] found myself today  (Read 931 times)

Katja

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Dory
  • Application: Plotter
found myself today
« on: March 21, 2017, 04:29:49 AM »
the damned site is being weird with topics

Boatswoman, Lake Town Crafter, DefinitelyNotSmuggling

sooner than it seems Life turns around. and i will be strong even if it all goes wrong.

the info. APP HERE. <3

the friends. Kat's opinionated, but she's far from unfriendly. If anything, she's rather comfortable to be around, whether you're young or old or in between. Despite the absolute horror she's been through in the past, she's a paradigm of what resilience really is -- moving on, trying to do it with a smile, and maintaining an earthy, grounded, practical kind of happiness in disposition. And hopefully, she's past the point with the kids of Lake Town at least where her scarred up face is frightening.   

the lovers. Lovers are maybe one in number since her divorce, and that was someone she considered a friend helping her with the very real need to put into perspective the idea that life and men, while shite at times, aren't the evil that her ex-husband was. Other than that, there hasn't been anyone, bar a cute crush on Bard the Bowman when they were children and the flutter she gets when one of Rohan's traders, Eadlyn, shows up biannually. The issue with being her lover, hopefully not too surprisingly, is being okay with and learning to accept that after the horrible, abusive marriage she barely got out of alive, Kat's hardly going to present with no issues and a clean slate -- that's not how it works.

the enemies. She's not a fan of the Master of Lake Town, resenting his squeeze over industry (of which she's a part of) and the suffering it's brought to the working classes, and only keeping her mouth (mostly) shut for the sake of her ageing grandfather. Alfrid's also definitely someone she'd call a wanker, and brings out her bristles (partially because he's a nosy git, and she's definitely not getting things in on the side legally even if it's morally right). She's not overly sensitive about the glassed up side of her face, but you won't make a friend of her if you keep being weird about it (or just unkind), and she's got no time for anyone with excuses about insensitivity or abuse of any kind. Telling her (and people have had the balls to do it) that she should have just been a good wife to Pelsrin and dealt will definitely earn her hard-won despisal.

Other than that...the usual, you know, when you're a relatively good member of the race of Men.
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:32:31 AM by Katja »

~in a perfect story book, the world is brave and good - a hero takes your hand, a sweet love follows. but life's a different game, the sorrow and the pain, and only you can change your world tomorrow~

Gard of Lake-town

• Men
    • Wanderers
      • View Profile
    • Alias: Gard
    • Plotter: Plotter
    • Tracker: Plotter
    Re: found myself today
    « Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 03:51:17 PM »
    Gard, Sofia & Kat

Ok, so first and most obvious idea, is both of my two kids who live in Lake Town and no doubt would come across her. Sofia's blunt, she might point out the scars, though Gard most certainly wouldn't; and neither kid will say a word about the smuggling if they even caught clues :)

Pick one, or I can put both together, or each their own threads...

Bilbo & Kat

Mister Baggins is also in Lake Town about Quest time, though I don't know how much run in he has with the other locals aside from Bard's family. There's small options between celebrations and setting off we could work with if you wanted <3

Kargach & Kat

I can get my traveling Dwarf anywhere! And he is around the Mirkwood/Lake Town area for both Tauriel and Helena's threads, so shortly after that? Just if you want her to run into him.
    « Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:52:16 PM by Gard of Lake-town »

wonderful sig made by Alagon

(teal)

Katja

• Men
    • Wanderers
      • View Profile
    • Alias: Dory
    « Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 06:06:21 AM »
    kat && sofia/gard

Actually, considering she's been around Lake Town her whole life, and so definitely theres, I don't see why we can't work with that and establish something or others. For a start, as it says in her application, someone did warn the guards the night her ex-husband tore up her face/tried to kill her, and then stayed around to help her staunch her wounds until proper healers could get to it, and I did state specifically that it was a child.

But for now just with these responses...children get away with being honest like that, so Kat won't hold it against Sofia. She's pretty honest herself; she's just had time to grow wise and temper it with kindness. However, continuously pointing it out would be just rude, so that would warrant a gentle but very firm correction from Katja if that kept happening.

Kat && Bilbo

I'm sure we can work something out, certainly. Kat's had dealings with Elves and Dwarves, so she's hardly racist, and Bilbo's chilled out enough by that point to probably like her sense of humour. She's also got a little plot with Thranduil coming together, so she'll be around closeb y at some point.

Celebrations wise, well, that's entirely possible, considering one of those may very well be a little celebration for her if plots go well organically. We'll see.

Katja && Kargarch

They should be friends. He's a traveller, so it'd be surprisingly easy -- they've met at some point years before, got to be fast friends, and he's got himself a place to rest his head and transport from water to shore whenever he's in the area. She'd certainly love to hear what he's got to say if he ever takes note of other boats/water-craft guilds.

~in a perfect story book, the world is brave and good - a hero takes your hand, a sweet love follows. but life's a different game, the sorrow and the pain, and only you can change your world tomorrow~

Gard of Lake-town

• Men
    • Wanderers
      • View Profile
    • Alias: Gard
    • Plotter: Plotter
    • Tracker: Plotter
    « Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 02:16:41 PM »
    Kat & Sofia, Gard:

I did ponder that and Gard can be the one to have warned the guards if you're cool with that idea. I figure it would have been quite the feat for him to actually believe they'd believe him, given he could just be seen as trouble making since that's what his family does but he obviously got believed or was so insistent that he heard something that they finally acted.

And no, Sofia wouldn't repeat it, if she said anything it would be a one time sort of one off comment :D

Kat & Bilbo:

Alright then we'll work something around the Company's stay

Kat and Karg:

I really do need to peg down his Where He is When, ha, but as I said I do know he would be near Lake Town then and most certainly does take an easy mannered approach to almost everyone and would love to hear anything Kat's got to say. He's a bit odd in that he's both forward and backwards in that he would still hold out a woman shouldn't probably exert herself leading the caravan (too much trouble, he'd kindly say) but he does give them more credit than your leading gruff merchant.

wonderful sig made by Alagon

(teal)

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
    • Gard of Lake-town: Tag for Thatguy [link]
      May 17, 2019, 03:01:04 AM
    • thatguy2: tag for Gard [link]
      May 14, 2019, 05:38:28 AM
    • Gard of Lake-town: Thread for Eofor/Thatguy [link]
      May 11, 2019, 02:46:13 AM
    • Gard of Lake-town: Reply for Hades/Altair! [link]
      May 08, 2019, 04:09:02 PM
    • Nienna: Post to Teachers Vent [link] *crosses fingers*
      May 07, 2019, 01:14:34 AM
    • Faramir: Reply for Becca/Éomer! [link]
      May 01, 2019, 11:59:42 PM
    • Faramir: Plots back for Dory! [link]
      April 30, 2019, 10:21:06 PM
    • Galadriel: Tag Cass/Faramir <3 [link]
      April 30, 2019, 01:57:05 PM
    • Éowyn: Thread starter for Eofer/ThatGuy: [link]
      April 30, 2019, 09:00:17 AM
    • Faramir: Faramir plots for Meren/Lothíriel... two years late. Sorry about that! [link]
      April 29, 2019, 09:12:22 PM
    • Tintaldé: Tag for Whit/Elrohir [link]
      April 23, 2019, 04:48:08 PM
    • Galadriel: Tag for Whit/Thranduil. <3 [link]
      April 23, 2019, 03:41:52 PM
    • Galadriel: Tag for Becca/Celeborn. <3 [link]
      April 23, 2019, 03:19:03 PM
    • Friór: Super short (by my old trend) poke at some of my threads too <3
      April 19, 2019, 03:09:28 AM
    • Faramir: Another reply for Éowyn/Dory, this time in Like Little Fireflies! [link]
      April 18, 2019, 11:08:25 PM
    • Faramir: Reply for Éowyn/Dory! [link]
      April 16, 2019, 02:59:48 PM