• Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM
  • Dís: Eeeeeh hi again Icewolf!
    July 22, 2019, 11:13:41 PM
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 420
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: [Hobbit + LotR] Haldir  (Read 1631 times)

Lindsay-Haldir

• Archived
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Lindsay
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
Haldir
« on: February 12, 2017, 04:56:31 AM »

HALDIR

NAME: Haldir
NICKNAMES (IF ANY): None
TRILOGY: Both
DATE OF BIRTH AND AGE (AS OF T.A. 2941/3019): 3,263 years old ; 622 SA
PLACE OF BIRTH: Lothlórien 
RACE: Elf

HAIR COLOUR AND APPEARANCE: Haldir's hair is pale blond that flows down past his shoulders. It's straight, and he usually doesn't do anything too fancy with it. Maybe a braid or two to keep some of it out of his eyes.   
EYE COLOUR: Blue
BODY TYPE AND HEIGHT: He is six feet tall. He is not as tall and lithe as many Elves, tending towards what most would consider a more average build. 
OVERALL APPEARANCE:  His robes, tunics, cloaks, and boots tend to be shades of gray or brown. Occasionally, he may wear different colors (like red, for example), dpending on the occassion. But, for his job as Marchwarden, shades of the forest hide him well.   
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: None
WEAPONS:  Bow and sword
FACE CLAIM: Craig Parker

STRENGTHS: Haldir is a skilled fighter. He is both equally adept at wielding his bow and sword. Although, he has a slight preference for his bow. He is extremely loyal to his friends and family. There isn't anything that he wouldn't be willing to do for them. He knows how to follow the orders of Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel and is a skilled leader in his own right whenever his fellow Marchwardens turn to him for advice.
WEAKNESSES:  His loyalty to his family and friends could also be considered a weakness because love sometimes leads to stupid decisions being made. Haldir has a difficult time dropping his tough exterior so he does not come across as the kindest Elf, leaving many to find it difficult to like him.
ASPIRATIONS: To continue doing his job--to protect his homeland from those who wish to harm it.   
FEARS:  His biggest fear is losing his brothers or Celeborn and Galadriel, especially if it happens because he did not do his job as well as he is supposed to.
PERSONALITY: 

As mentioned above, Haldir wears a tough exterior. He can come across as proud and arrogant, making it hard for those who meet him for the first time or only converse with him every now and then to truly like him. A part of the reason for that attitude of his that keeps most at a distance could be because he doesn't want those that he does care about to mourn too much should any ill befall him. As darkness grows in the world, the odds of it reaching to claim Lothlórien also grow and, with his undying devotion to his Lord and Lady, Haldir knows in that case he will die. He is wary of strangers because that is what these dark times require. 

His interior is softer and kinder. Those who get to know him or who can naturally see past his tough exterior will find the most loyal friend they could ever ask for in Haldir. He is more on the reserved side and may not open up that often to even his closest friends but that doesn't mean that he isn't there for them when they need him to be. And he has no problem finding his voice when he needs to be a leader to the less seasoned Marchwardens.

HISTORY: 

Born in Lothlórien, Haldir is the eldest of three brothers. Growing up, his father, a Marchwarden of great renown, taught him how to fight. Haldir knew he would follow in his footsteps, as it would be a great honor to be charged with the protection of Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel, along with protecting their whole realm. Haldir practiced with sword and bow every day that he could, determined to be better than his father.

When he wasn't honing his fighting skills, he would spend his time watching his younger brothers. Haldir was never above getting into trouble with Rúmil and Orophin but, more often than not, he would find himself having to bail one or both of his brothers out of trouble. Being the oldest brother, he couldn't help but feel that it was his responsibility to help the two of them avoid the wrath of unhappy parents whenever he could.   

When he was 500, Haldir was welcomed into the Marchwardens. He was grateful for the chance to work alongside his father and helped train his brothers whenever he could. As the years passed and Lord Celeborn took note of Haldir's unquestioning loyalty to them, they decided to entrust him with being one of Lothlórien's emissaries. He never enjoyed being away from home for long but, being the dutiful Marchwarden that he was, he went wherever they wanted him to go.

It was when he was Imladris that his father was killed protecting Lord Celeborn. When Haldir came back to Lothlórien, more than just that grievous news was waiting for him. He also learned that his mother had already departed for the long journey west to the Grey Havens to board a ship to Valinor. And then more tragedy struck their homeland when Celebrían was captured by a group of orcs when she was coming to visit her parents. She was rescued by her sons but decided to sail to Valinor, a decision that filled all of those who knew her with great sadness.

Today, with the darkness growing ever more threatening, Haldir spends most of his time guarding the borders of Lothlórien. He is still occasionally sent to other lands to keep others apprised of what is happening in his homeland and to learn what is happening in those other realms. He helps train those who wish to join the ranks of the Marchwardens and is considered one of the most trusted servants of Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel.
YOUR NAME: Lindsay
EXPERIENCE: 9+ years
OTHER CHARACTERS: N/A
HOW DID YOU FIND US?: I used to be a member here a long time ago
ROLE PLAY/WRITING SAMPLE: 
Oftentimes, some things seemed like a great idea when they were being planned. But, after a few days to think them over, they seemed like the worst idea in the world. And that was exactly what Sam was feeling right now. It had seemed so smart to ask Owen to meet up with him so he could gain some helpful advice about how to talk to Em. After all, Owen seemed to know what he was talking about when they were texting each other. But, of course, now gaining advice from the man he had cheated on his wife with seemed like the dumbest idea in the world. How could he ever have thought it would be wise?

But Sam didn't have it in him to cancel their planned meeting. He was trying to mend bridges as best as he could and that included mending bridges with Owen, considering the man was friends with his wife, and Sam didn't want to ruin their relationship anymore than he wanted to ruin his own relationship with Em. It might be an impossible task all around but Sam had to try. He wouldn't know what might have happened if he never tried. So the meeting was going to happen--for good or ill.

He arrived outside of the café right on time and saw Owen already seated inside. He went inside and ordered his own drink (a grande caramel macchiato) and then made his way over to Owen's table. "Thanks for meeting with me," he said, sitting down, "To be honest, I thought you might not show up...Hell, up until a few minutes ago, I wasn't even sure that I'd come." Sam wasn't even sure how to bring up the reason they were here in the first place, but he had the feeling that too much small talk was the last thing Owen wanted.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 04:51:49 PM by Haldir »

Lindsay-Haldir

• Archived
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Lindsay
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
Re: Haldir
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 04:52:26 PM »
He is finished!

Ulmo

• Administrator
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Cass
  • Tracker: Plotter
Re: Haldir
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 12:16:01 AM »
Apologies for the delay, Lindsay!  You have done an amazing job bringing Haldir to life and I'm certain you will have a lot of fun playing him.  I'm so happy to see you back! <3

Fíli | Aesa | Kvasir | Andar | Liv | Ivorak | Haleth | Ástir |Damel
Veizla | Vex | Loire | Muunokhoi | Morvoren | Faramir | Rorion | Ashar

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Lothíriel: [link] Eorik as well
    November 12, 2019, 07:52:07 PM
  • Meren: Reply for Faramir (finally after a million years) [link]
    November 12, 2019, 07:33:42 PM
  • Legolas: [link] @Thranduil
    November 09, 2019, 01:38:45 AM
  • Galadriel: i give up i keep hitting the wrong account here xD