• Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM
  • Dís: Eeeeeh hi again Icewolf!
    July 22, 2019, 11:13:41 PM
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
  • thatguy2: yeah
    May 14, 2019, 04:32:36 AM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 46
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: One Should Never Be Remiss In a Brotherly Duty  (Read 1755 times)

Éomer

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Becca
  • Application: Plotter
One Should Never Be Remiss In a Brotherly Duty
« on: December 22, 2016, 04:56:26 AM »
There had been something different about his sister ever since he had gone to distract the Dark Lord from the fact the his destruction was so close and it had nothing to do with the fact that she had been healed of her wounds from attempting to save their uncle from death. He frowned at that thought. He had nearly lost his entire family that day: his parents when was young, Theodred less than a year ago, and now his uncle. And almost his dear sister. In the moments after he saw her fall and knowing that she was alive, he stopped thinking. All he knew was that he needed to go to her, to hold her once more before he lost her as well. He learned later from Gamling and Hama that he had charged towards her without thought to his own safety.

And to see her well and happy, or as happy as she could be with having lost their uncle, warmed his heart considerably. He knew that he would need her in the coming days as he adjusted to the new duties as King of the Mark. Yet there was still something going on with her, something he had never really seen with Eowyn before, though he supposed that there had been glimpses of it with Aragorn. And it seemed the Gondorian King’s Steward Faramir had been spending a lot of time with his sister. Or else the two of them were staring way too much at each other.

Not that he had anything against Faramir, in fact he did like the quiet, noble ranger. But liking the man and liking the possibility of said man liking his baby sister were two very different things to Eomer. He just needed to get him alone to find out the truth. Which came when Eowyn was off doing who knows what and Faramir was away from her, the only thing that was needed for this conversation to happen. Granted, he knew that unless he had a very strong objection to his sister’s suitor, which he didn’t but no one else needed to know that, there was little he could do to stop her. And there were far worse men than the Prince of Ithilien…such as Grima Wormtongue.

Eomer knew that he likely seemed a bit intimidating, and perhaps not wearing his sword (a habit he had not really given up) would have been better. But at least he wasn’t wearing his crown (the bloody uncomfortable thing). And he didn’t have any immediate plans to use Guthwine. But confronting your sister’s suitor needed some intimidation or else there would serious questions about Eomer’s qualifications, not as a King but rather as brother, which to Eomer was far more important. ”Prince Faramir, I’d like a word with you.”
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 04:57:04 AM by Éomer »

Faramir

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Cass
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
Re: One Should Never Be Remiss In a Brotherly Duty
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 03:01:26 PM »
Leagues from home, removed from the burden of responsibility and many of his duties, Faramir felt relaxed and at ease, enjoying a contentment that had evaded him ever since he and Boromir had been separated.  Part of it – ashamed though he was to admit it, even to himself – was because the shadow figure of his father no longer skulked, waiting to ruin every small happiness the young Ranger conjured for himself.  Another more joyous and significant contributor to his newfound serenity was Éowyn.  The White Lady’s company was enough to buoy his spirit, even those on days when melancholy threatened to creep into his heart and leave him mourning for all that had been lost.  Sadness was thus muted, replaced with overwhelming love.

Sitting on the steep steps leading up to Meduseld, Faramir’s head was bowed, face turned downwards to the book open in his lap.  It was an aged text, outlining the history of Dol Amroth.  The wind ruffled his reddish hair, just as it did when he perched high on the ramparts of Minas Tirith.  Edoras mightn’t be his home, but he was far from homesick here.

The clip of boots heralded someone’s arrival, the footfall too heavy and hurried to belong to Éowyn.  His gaze shifted, surprise showing in his shades of pale blue.  “King Éomer,” Faramir greeted, snapping his book closed without hesitation and rising swiftly to his feet.  The title of prince still rang new and unfamiliar to his ears and he wondered, briefly, if the royal Rohirrim felt the same with king.  Éomer stood tall – taller even than Faramir himself – and his sword hung heavy and menacing at his side.  It made sense for the king to always be armed, of course, but it had the effect of making the Gondorian aware of his own lack of steel.  He bowed and, when he straightened, he offered a warm smile.  “To what do I owe this honour?” 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 03:02:05 PM by Faramir »

Éomer

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 04:18:09 AM »
Eomer stood before his sister's suitor, tall and menacing, not as king but rather as a protective older brother, though some may say he was overprotective of her. Yet he could not help himself. She was his only family left and that made him loathe to let her go. He admittedly her calming presence right now and yet there was the knowledge of what her last suitor, if you could call him that, was like. There had been something deeply unsettling about how Grima Wormtongue acted around and with Eowyn and he had never asked her exactly how bad it was, and he wasn't entirely sure that he wanted to know.

He was of course very much aware of the fact that Faramir was nothing like Grima and he had no doubts that he would treat Eowyn well. But part of him didn't necessarily see Faramir as Faramir the person but rather Faramir the Suitor who might not treat his sister how she deserved to be treated. And Eomer would not be there to protect her. He had already nearly lost her when he was not there to protect her, though it was her fault for disobeying him and their Uncle but he chose to ignore that at the moment.

Her actions likely kept the war from getting worse and also brought her in contact with the Gondorian noble. And maybe part of it was the fact that he was not Rohrrim but from Gondor. Granted, the two countries were allies once more but still...But he did like Faramir and would perhaps go easier on him because of that. Perhaps...He gave a slightly curt nod in reply to Faramir's bow and said, ”My sister.” He would let the other man decide what to do with that and kept himself neutral, and perhaps a tad cold, though the latter was mostly for effect.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 04:18:39 AM by Éomer »

Faramir

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Cass
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 11:58:25 PM »
My sister.

There was no urgency in those two words, nothing to suggest that anything unpleasant had befallen Éowyn. If there had been even a hint of concern, Faramir would have been much swifter in his response. As it was, there was a brief beat of silence, his reply given due consideration before it departed his lips. Éomer was without his crown - or at least, without that which was wrought from precious metals, the only gold adorning his brow a tumble of fair hair - but this lack of embellishment made him no less a king.

“The White Lady of Rohan has been kind to me,” Faramir's voice was low and gentle, softened by his inherent warmth and a tenderness that he made little effort to disguise. “I am far from home, yet I do not suffer for the distance.” The nobles of the Gondorian court conducted themselves with the utmost decorum and this was a perfectly measured response, one that might earn a curt nod of approval from even the strictest governess. And yet, while his words were as true as they were polite, Faramir himself found them lacking.

Éowyn was an anchor to him in this foreign land, having gifted the prince with fragments of Rohirric and introduced him to life in Edoras. Yet, even with the soul-baring conversations they had shared in the Houses of Healing, it was difficult to ascertain how much pleasure the ever enigmatic shieldmaiden derived from his company. There had to be at least some small measure of enjoyment, the prince was sure, if only because Éowyn could be counted upon for her devastating honesty. Still Faramir hesitated to ask and know for certain, lest he discover that what he interpreted as a furtive sort of fondness revealed itself only to be tolerance.

Then again, the kiss they had shared upon the ramparts of Minas Tirith likely spoke volumes, if only he had the confidence to listen to a gesture beyond words.

There was little chance of misunderstanding Éomer's meaning when he spoke those two simple words in that cold and distant tone - the king's gruff nature did not account entirely for the muted sense of hostility - yet Faramir was reluctant to pour out his heart unbidden. Concern marked his noble features. “Have I offended you, my lord?”
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 01:08:19 AM by Faramir »

Éomer

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 02:58:24 AM »
When Eomer said that his sister was the reason he was speaking to Faramir, the other man took his timeto answer. But Eomer did not think it was due to any reason than it simply being in Faramir’s nature to measure his words before he spoke. It must be a trait that was useful if Gondor, if what little of their court Eomer had actually seen was any indication. Eomer stood tall before Faramir, arms crossed in front of his chest and silently waiting for an answer.

As the Gondorian spoke about how kind Eowyn had been to him, Eomer pursed his lips as the implication of Faramir’s was crystal clear to him: Faramir had certain tender feelings for his sister. Of Eowyn’s feelings, Eomer was not sure but knowing his sister, he doubted that she would string the man along, which meant she either returned his feelings or was unaware of them. Yet Eomer didn’t entirely see Faramir before him but rather another, far less welcome suitor. If one could call the attentions Grima paid towards Eowyn those of a suitor. And while he knew deep down, his actions and feelings were entirely unfair to either his sister or her far superior suitor, there was little he could do to stop them.

As concern came to Faramir’s face, Eomer got slight satisfaction in knowing that it appeared the other man had caught his meaning, or at least was wary of his meaning. ”Depends on your intentions towards my sister, Prince Faramir.” He frowned, this time unsure if he should explain a little for his reasons for concern. He decided it was only fair that Faramir know it, though details he would leave to his sister to tell. ”She has previously received unwanted attention from someone less than savory.”

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Faramir: Reply for Éowyn! [link]
    September 30, 2019, 12:17:32 AM
  • Manwë: Reply for Nauroval! thehobbitroleplay.com/index.php?topic=5384.0
    September 26, 2019, 04:55:55 PM
  • Pellavan: Thread for Farran/Faramir! [link]
    September 26, 2019, 03:39:31 AM
  • Faramir: Reply for Éowyn! [link]
    September 22, 2019, 12:39:37 AM
  • Tintaldé: [link] @Whit/Tinuvagor
    September 21, 2019, 11:01:15 AM
  • Éowyn: [link] @Cass/Faramir
    September 21, 2019, 10:38:16 AM
  • Ulmo: Pellavan is approved and now in play! ^^ [link]
    September 16, 2019, 12:38:49 PM
  • Fritz: More brotherly banter for Andi/Cass and Koph/Blue! Whoo! [link]
    September 04, 2019, 06:15:14 PM
  • Faramir: Starter for Lothíriel/Meren, after a thousand years! [link]
    August 24, 2019, 10:22:02 PM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Tag for Thatguy [link]
    May 17, 2019, 03:01:04 AM
  • thatguy2: tag for Gard [link]
    May 14, 2019, 05:38:28 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Thread for Eofor/Thatguy [link]
    May 11, 2019, 02:46:13 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Reply for Hades/Altair! [link]
    May 08, 2019, 04:09:02 PM
  • Nienna: Post to Teachers Vent [link] *crosses fingers*
    May 07, 2019, 01:14:34 AM
  • Faramir: Reply for Becca/Éomer! [link]
    May 01, 2019, 11:59:42 PM
  • Faramir: Plots back for Dory! [link]
    April 30, 2019, 10:21:06 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag Cass/Faramir <3 [link]
    April 30, 2019, 01:57:05 PM
  • Éowyn: Thread starter for Eofer/ThatGuy: [link]
    April 30, 2019, 09:00:17 AM
  • Faramir: Faramir plots for Meren/Lothíriel... two years late. Sorry about that! [link]
    April 29, 2019, 09:12:22 PM
  • Tintaldé: Tag for Whit/Elrohir [link]
    April 23, 2019, 04:48:08 PM