• Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM
  • Dís: Eeeeeh hi again Icewolf!
    July 22, 2019, 11:13:41 PM
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
  • thatguy2: yeah
    May 14, 2019, 04:32:36 AM
  • Nienna: Gonna have to try my hand at a Sawda post for Becca. :)
    May 14, 2019, 04:29:32 AM
  • Galadriel: I love it. It's like a WHO AM I GOING TO BE TODAY game. XD
    May 10, 2019, 01:05:58 AM
  • thatguy2: it did :O
    May 09, 2019, 11:19:24 PM
  • Jo: The chatbox changed...
    May 09, 2019, 07:14:24 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 24
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: Big Plans and Small Grown Dwarflings  (Read 1299 times)

Friór

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Gard
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
Big Plans and Small Grown Dwarflings
« on: December 11, 2016, 10:20:17 PM »
{Hee I love how Fritz's and Lí's little bird brings both sides together whether they want it or not. Though I know they'll all be on their best behavior for wee little birthday boy Friór ^^ Ah! From what I already know of this! And even if I'm still not sure if this will work and we can cram all the amount of characters needed into it...Friór poked me that it's been sitting far too long as a draft and...bring on the lovely chaos! And yes we can also get to the pony etc ^^}

"Where's Grandmodi sitting?".

"Wherever she wants to, though by your uncles is a good idea. It helps her feel comfortable", Fritz answered his son's question as Friór darted about helping with chairs undeterred by being the birthday boy (turning 30 even!)

"Do you and Ma want that end?", the boy turned after deciding between his grandfather and Uncle Einar seemed right for Grandmodi's chair. The assigning being because the boy, in being asked all of what he wanted to celebrate his Thirtieth birthday, had come up with an idea he was probably just able to execute that year even and carefully sketching the place settings for the table with symbols he figured fit for his family in lieu of just their names (though he ended up having to add those too because he got Anlis and Uncle Ko's same-ish hawks mixed up).

Grandmodi's was a nice shield that the boy hoped still looked feminine but strong enough. Like his grandmother. There were enough chairs for everybody too, because Fritz and Líknví had long ago figured out how to do this and invite everybody over and a simple combining of another table from a sitting room and most of the chairs and they got it.

The little Peacemaker, as his father had also once hesitantly called him with a smile, did not need to engineer things to make all of his family feel welcome and like they belonged, he, along with Ma and Da apparently just did that of their own selves (but most especially him) but also could hardly help since he just loved them all so much.

It took a lot for his Uncle Kvasir and Aunt Rian to come to these things, Friór knew, outnumbered as they sort of were, and it took a lot from his father's side and most especially Grandmodi as well, and the lad appreciated and tried to smooth anywhere he could.

As he went around with his place cards, Friór found himself semi-scooped up much as he still could be, mostly just swept up about the middle, and moved to the main living room as his father chuckled and answered his last question, "I want you to sit over here and stop doing things and let your Ma and me manage your birthday", Fritz gave his son a smile as he plopped him on the sofa. Then his smile softened, "When'd you start getting heavy?".

Friór laughed, "I don't know. Here, I didn't finish", he stated and held out Anlis and Dagmar's cards, silently telling his father he could do it for him if he was being ordered away from tasks. Fritz accepted them and the task, smiling again as he glanced at them.

"You are gonna hear all about it when your Aunt Dags sees how good you're getting at sketching", he told his son, aiming another smile up at him.

"But never better than her", Friór assured, almost like he was fearful of such becoming true, or just in biased opinion on his aunt.

"She'd forgive you if you did", Fritz encouraged softly, giving the top of his son's head a light ruffle as he stood and went to place the two others of his cards. Líknví didn't fuss, but as he turned, he noticed her giving him a concerned sort of frown. With a glance back, and coming to understand, Fritz smiled again, "Ah, his hair's still fine".

Friór's mother had just combed it, thank-you very much!

With a grin, Friór ran a hand through his own hair to fix it for his mother, but he did a small boy's job at it and there were still sprigs loose when the knock at the door saw the lad hop down. He didn't even call he'd get it, since that was not needed, and his grin and jogging over towards the door said it all plain enough!

Líknví intercepted him, though, smoothing and doing a proper job at his hair. Friór just giggling good naturedly at his mother's fussing, "I don't think they'll mind, Ma". He still gave his mother a kiss to the cheek though before disentangling himself and going over to the front door to open it like a big Dwarfling and all, since he was.

A wide grin greeted whoever it was, because whoever it was of who he knew was coming, they so deserved it! All his wonderful family did!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 10:24:58 PM by Friór »

Wonderful sig made by Cass ~

(aquamarine)

Dagmar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Re: Big Plans and Small Grown Dwarflings
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 04:30:32 PM »
{Probably good I get both of them in here before the puppy shows up! ^^ <3}

Thirty! Friór, Fritz's wee little thing, Dagmar's youngest nephew and a child that helped so much with exuding and showing hope and giving joy to his aunt--as Ash and 'Lis did to--was Thirty years old! Just because he and his cousins weren't alone in that didn't take away from the job they did do. Still to take the small hand along with her to the market place was a further blessing.

Dear Tuuli had found her, more than the other way around, Dags felt. She hadn't been looking to adopt, shown by taking so long about it perhaps, just heard of the dwarf woman within the middle class district watching out for a few of the children who, for one reason or another, were now on their own, and felt she should see what help she could provide. Just because she wasn't queen didn't mean she wouldn't still help her kingdom all she could, if in a more limited capacity.

The bright blue-gray eyed Dwarfling of Fifteen to boldly come up and chatter to her had made an impression before she'd known it and...she'd only known she wasn't leaving without her.

After she agreed of course.

She wasn't all that old anyway, she could still do right by the child close to Friór's own age...much as it was just her to do such.

Scanning the stall, Dagmar soon found and picked up the plain, leather bound, sketch book of right material for adding her own cover to; something personal and fitting for her nephew who's artistic skills she clearly saw and encouraged. Along with Kvasir. Dagmar would never forget how shared the boy was, and she genuinely liked Kvasir and Rian, they were good Dwarves trying so hard at proving that now, and Dags was all for second chances. Third even. A good thing, since Ti seemed to gravitate towards smithing as a hobby, and they, along with Fritz, were monumental helps in showing pointers.

"Ti...what d'ya think?", she turned the proposed gift for her daughter's approval. Even as she noticed the woman running the stall glance from her to the girl curiously. People knew her situation, losing Fíli, and...well she knew what some wrongly assumed.

While Dags had tried to shield Tuuli from the worst of the rumors of those over opinionated, the woman soon smiled warmly to show she was not one of them at least, "I was just wondering if maybe the dear little girl wouldn't like to add in some pencils; since it's for a gift is it not, Milady? For your youngest brother's?".

Dags laughed. She still knew a lot and was a very good business woman; she wouldn't fault her that!

<>

Getting the present in order (and yes they did buy the pencils!) was a simple task, even on into picking pattern, but still...Dags hoped she'd guessed right and her little nephew approved! Both gifts boxed up, Dagmar then got herself, Ti and their presents over to Fritz's house.

Her soft knock was soon answered and...there he was! Dagmar smiled brightly. "Happy Birthday, Friór! Gosh I can hardly believe it, come here, give me a hug!", but even while taking one from the lad, she wasn't one of those aunts and didn't pinch any cheeks, or even ruffle hair innocuously, though a kiss to the crown of his head before she stood was allowed it seemed. "Well here, put this wherever you're putting this" she handed over the box, and as Friór skipped off to do so (after many thanks her way), Dagmar's smiled turned to Fritz and Líknví.

"How are you holding up with all this?", she inquired of Fritz as she hugged her little brother also, "You just shot up way to fast yourself, Little Brother, got a...well anyway". Dags moved on before she became too sentimental and hugged Líknví also. The sweet, quiet girl having been family in Dags' mind since even before Fritz threw out his attempted casual announcement of courting and then engagement.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 02:32:24 PM by Dagmar »

(yellow)

Tuuli

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 02:33:56 PM »
{Edited above ^^}

Thirty wasn't one of the bigger milestones, Tuuli should know, having passed it two years ago herself, but she was happy for her cousin and to be going to the market to pick out something for him! She was already determined, even before the woman started up her sales pitching, that she would pick out something different than Mama to give her cousin all her own. She half owed it to him, for all the ways he was good and let her borrow his hand-me downs for the forge and such.

Ashar and Anlis were great too, but there was a bond of similar age there and Ti was glad to have Friór, and felt he felt the same.

Soon as they reached the stall, Ti's blue-gray eyes scanned the wares, looking for perfect...

Mama found something first, and soon held up a plain leather bound sketch book, but one that Ti knew she could paint up perfectly for Friór!

"Oh yes!", she nodded eagerly, before noticing the woman's smile as well. It seemed every one of them, her, Friór, even the twins, had some reason to be afraid of whispers, and Ti's was more...acceptance based by those who put too much stock in blood. She'd overheard things she should never have overheard at times, and which were not true in the slightest.

Aunt Lí understood there. Honestly there were small things about her family that were really of little consequence but seemed...not destined, but Ti appreciated them all the same.

The woman soon smiled, and just tried to sell them a pencil set with the sketch book. Hardly tried, Ti was agreeing and taking it before Mama had a chance to try to be strong against sales pitches. Today was about Friór, she knew they were on the same page!

Since it was Friór's Thirtieth and all, Ti allowed for ruffles on her dress, and smoothed at them distractedly before Friór himself answered the door and Mama greeted him. Soon as she was done, it was Ti's turn to launch over and squish him in a hug, cheeks pressed. Friór was destined to be very best friends with a talking Owl he would find outside in some years, Avila, and to no complaint from Ti (the bird was awesome!) but she was super fond of her cousin herself of course!

"Here!", after stepping back, she handed over her own wrapped present right after Mama, "Don't shake it", she grinned. Not if he wanted to keep the surprise! And not that Ti didn't next follow him over to the table where they were putting his gifts. It wasn't too packed yet.

"Let me guess!", she said, glancing between two of the boxes already there, "Your Ma and...your Da'!", she guessed out who gave what box (though even Friór wouldn't know yet!), and mentioning fathers wasn't tough on her. Part of the rumor mill was there were some who criticized Dagmar adopting without Fíli's aid, but...if Ti wondered at how things might have gone, it wasn't really in any bad emotion, just curiosity, and besides she had enough uncles to also help guide her.

(steelblue)

Fritz

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 11:38:47 PM »
Even Fritz couldn't have really played a Guess Who Was At the Door First game, if such had come up, but wasn't surprised at it being Dagmar with dear Tuuli, though he also wouldn't have been surprised regardless of who it was.

"Hey there Tulip", despite their own just fussing over similar (well Lí's) Fritz undid some of Dagmar's own work at Ti's locks no doubt with his own playful half ruffle, mostly tap to her head, while Dagmar greeted Friór. It was his own son who had come up with that one, and yet, both of his nieces had come away with flower nicknames, he realized, and with him calling Anlis Lis-Lily even to this day where he could get away with it.

It didn't undo the bird theme, Kvas and Rian kept that alive with Friór's own, but it was an odd trait that Fritz also took fatherly pride from.

Ti soon pulled Friór along to the gift table and Fritz's attention as well was next taken with greeting his sister who came over for a hug, and which none of them ever denied her. "So do you", he shot back to her trying to use Friór's age as a way to call him fully grown. Tuuli being close to that herself and fact that she was adopted past baby-hood not undoing the point still. Of course, it was a very risky comment. Dagmar being older even and that being something no-one brought up to females, but Fritz trusted to his sister's taking comments in stride to save him.

"But no...I really don't know where the years go...", he admitted. As both Andi and Dags could attest no doubt.

The rest of their family would no doubt be shortly behind Dagmar, but there was one (well a few!) things Fritz wanted to get straightened out while he could ask Dags alone, and even if the answers would be shortly forth-coming. Still...in the interest of being informed!

"I know Lí's already brewed up a kettle of tea for while we wait for the eclectic rabble known as our kin to collect in one area, care to follow me?", Fritz started walking towards the kitchen, knowing Friór and Tuuli could well keep each-other occupied (they were each a blessing to the other being such peers) and to keep secrets and not let his son have even a false lead on present ideas. Lí knew where her husband's "worries" lay and just sending a smile after the two, stayed in the main room, knowing the kids would hear the door for her if anyone else arrived.

To his last end, Fritz went on as soon as they were in privacy. "Ok, what am I facing? Maybe you don't know, but I have it on the best authority I can get that at least a puppy and pony are showing up", Fritz gave a not needed glance to make sure the kids still weren't spying before glancing back to his sister. He looked dead serious but his tone gave away how not so he was, and touched for everyone's spoiling of his son, even as he went on in perhaps half seriousness, "Hopefully Andi kept that last at the stables...you haven't heard of any falcons have you? You and Ti's boxes don't look big enough for animals...".

Dags laughed. "No, harmless writing supplies, I promise!", she raised her hands, "And I know nothing more than you do".

Fritz grimaced, "That's not comforting...".

Dags laughed again, before her look softened, "You still look like that mischievous Dwarfling running around with a toy hammer when you do that", she informed, giggling at the look that produced before they rejoined Líknví in the Main Room.

(olivedrab)

Tags: anlivs kvasir rian 

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Gard of Lake-town: Tag for Thatguy [link]
    May 17, 2019, 03:01:04 AM
  • thatguy2: tag for Gard [link]
    May 14, 2019, 05:38:28 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Thread for Eofor/Thatguy [link]
    May 11, 2019, 02:46:13 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Reply for Hades/Altair! [link]
    May 08, 2019, 04:09:02 PM
  • Nienna: Post to Teachers Vent [link] *crosses fingers*
    May 07, 2019, 01:14:34 AM
  • Faramir: Reply for Becca/Éomer! [link]
    May 01, 2019, 11:59:42 PM
  • Faramir: Plots back for Dory! [link]
    April 30, 2019, 10:21:06 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag Cass/Faramir <3 [link]
    April 30, 2019, 01:57:05 PM
  • Éowyn: Thread starter for Eofer/ThatGuy: [link]
    April 30, 2019, 09:00:17 AM
  • Faramir: Faramir plots for Meren/Lothíriel... two years late. Sorry about that! [link]
    April 29, 2019, 09:12:22 PM
  • Tintaldé: Tag for Whit/Elrohir [link]
    April 23, 2019, 04:48:08 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Whit/Thranduil. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:41:52 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Becca/Celeborn. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:19:03 PM
  • Friór: Super short (by my old trend) poke at some of my threads too <3
    April 19, 2019, 03:09:28 AM
  • Faramir: Another reply for Éowyn/Dory, this time in Like Little Fireflies! [link]
    April 18, 2019, 11:08:25 PM
  • Faramir: Reply for Éowyn/Dory! [link]
    April 16, 2019, 02:59:48 PM