Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

* Awards

* Donate

Author Topic: [LotR] courage for our friends  (Read 371 times)

Éowyn

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Dory
  • Application: Plotter
courage for our friends
« on: November 16, 2016, 01:03:00 AM »
lady of the shield-arm, the white lady

a kingdom of isolation, and it looks like i'm the queen. the wind is howling like this swirling storm inside. couldn't keep it in, heaven knows i've tried.
    the info. APP HERE. <3

the friends. Eowyn is actually blessed with a lovely, warm heart; it's just getting through the layers of...well, LIFE, that it's taken shelter under. Once you get there, though, she's a dedicated, loyal friend, if a little tart [and morbid] at times, and does not nor has ever let her station get in the way of making said friends, no matter how big or small, high or low they might be. 

the lovers. Being the silent equivalent of sexually harassed does a woman absolutely no favours where trusting strangers enough for them to perhaps become lovers is concerned, and that's the unfortunate truth. Eowyn also feels that between all of her duties [and those pesky dreams of glory etc] and her sense of obligation to Rohan, she doesn't have time/can't afford to let her walls down so that someone could worm their way into her heart. Also, some find her a little intimidating. Probably. I mean, Aragorn didn't. Faramir doesn't. Okay, let's be honest, we know where it's canonically going short of the latter guy dying. Anyway.

the enemies. There's the bleeding obvious -- anything that is going to end up threatening her life, life on Middle Earth as we know it. On a more personal level -- Eowyn cannot stand the entitled or the arrogant, believing the latter has no justification and the former needs an incredible amount of justification to have any reasoning behind it. Shady morals can also get under her skin -- no, not the kind where you're intelligent or cunning or ambitious, because that's all admirable as hec in the right situation. It's more the whole jumping loyalties, betrayal, killing for no real reason type of shady -- she's seen too much of it as it is, despite her young age.[/list]
    « Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 01:07:05 AM by Éowyn »

'i've learned that strength is something you choose'

Becca

• OOC
    • Wanderers
      • View Profile
    • Alias: Becca
    Re: courage for our friends
    « Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 03:13:33 AM »
    So I have a few people to toss your/Eowyn's way, Dory.

Eomer & Eowyn: Obviously we need some sibling plots/threads. Eomer is super protective (though it might be considered over-protect) of her but is also really close to her.

Daerwyn & Eowyn: My other Rohirrim from the LOTR is a outspoken yet heart-broken widow and mother of two who raises and sells horses. Maybe Eowyn needs a horse from her?

Celeborn & Eowyn: Cel heads to Minas Tirith for Arwen's wedding and so could meet her there?

Elrond & Eowyn: Same as with Cel

Haldir & Eowyn: He comes to help save Rohan at Helm's Deep and dies but he could have met with Eowyn before the actual battle briefly?

Samwise & Eowyn: He is in Gondor after helping Frodo save the world and likely would have met her then?

I also have Glorfindel and a few OC Elves from Rivendell that likely would follow Elrond to Gondor for Arwen's wedding if you'd like?

Éowyn

• Men
    • Wanderers
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 03:47:49 AM »
    Hey girl. I'm in no rush here, as you seem to be struggling lately in terms of what you already owe. So no sweat.

The siblings. Well this one is just a given; they're canonically very close and protective of each other, though on of my favourite lines in the whole series comes from Gandalf after Pelennor regarding how Eowyn's true spirit was put aside by even her family because she wasn't born  male and the repurcussions of that. We have the most to talk about here, so we're both on the same page. I do know though that part of her character development will involve the plot line of her growing more into herself for herself and not just for others, which should be interesting in terms of Eomer perhaps learning to view her for the brave and capable adult she is.

Of course. There's also Faramir. XD CASS told me about your idea there already. I also love the idea of the Rohirrim needing to return home to bury Theoden King, as I feel like the siblings need each other to grieve and heal then, back home, as well as just talk before they even deal with Eowyn actually leaving Eomer and Rohan. There's so many feels and potential here and I cannot even.

Haldir&Eowyn. You changed his future, did you? They could have at least one thread then, for sure. I reckon it could be super interesting.

Daerwyn&Eowyn. Eowyn is already covered in that respect. She has Windfola until Pelennor, and then it's already plotted that Sefaedra finds for her a mount that needs someone to help it back into work after losing it's rider and being hurt in Pelennor. So appreciated but not needed. Eowyn does, however, love children. She eventually opened up a little place in Old Edoras for orphans about two years before LotR, though it's probably open for anyone who might need help from time to time.
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 11:35:18 AM by Éowyn »

Lothíriel

• Men
    • Wanderers
      • View Profile
    • Alias: Meren
    « Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 02:18:07 PM »
    Lothíriel & Éowyn: Future in-laws! The only time these two will initially meet is in the Houses, post-Pelennor. Perhaps they run into one another while Éowyn is looking for Faramir some day? Loth does go to Rohan for her uncle's funeral, and depending on how long Éowyn is betrothed to Faramir, maybe she stays to help Éowyn prepare for her future in Gondor, possibly acting as an emissary for Gondor as well? (Could also be how Éomer and Loth get together, due to Éowyn and Faramir plotting to get them together.)

Éowyn

• Men
    • Wanderers
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 09:44:56 AM »
    eowyn&&lothiriel

I'm not honestly sure how hard Eowyn would try regarding getting Eomer and Lothiriel together; she's more the type to see where something goes rather than interfere herself, unless she thinks something is really not right about it. She'd also at that point in time want to just enjoy being with Faramir and adjusting to a whole new life for her, but after initially being wary of her in the Houses, she probably definitely likes Lothiriel enough to be open to a whole host of ideas where she's concerned, including offering the occasional insight into her gruff, less talkative brother. She would definitely owe her a debt at the very least for welcoming her into the family and helping her settle into Gondor, and likely by the time Lothiriel is set to marry Eomer, would definitely be warm to the prospect of giving back in kind, as well as assisting Loth with the no doubt many things that need to be learned becoming the Queen of a new land entails.

It's almost like they're trading places, really. ^^

Meren

• OOC
    • Wanderers
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 02:01:58 PM »
    Lothíriel & Éowyn: How long will Éowyn and Faramir be betrothed? If it is an extended amount of time, Loth could possibly stay in Rohan to help Éowyn transition from afar (and plan a wedding, if she wants). We could get something going with them initially meeting in the Houses, though?

Tags: