• Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM
  • Dís: Eeeeeh hi again Icewolf!
    July 22, 2019, 11:13:41 PM
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
  • thatguy2: yeah
    May 14, 2019, 04:32:36 AM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 48
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: More Than Wooden Performance  (Read 3519 times)

Kargach

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Gard
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
Re: More Than Wooden Performance
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2018, 02:38:34 PM »
That the lad was well raised was not something anyone would refute, but that being said, dear Friór was also too genuine to hide too well if something didn't in fact hold his interest and his attention was all manners. A trait inherited from many in his family, Karg recognized.

Both story and treat met with approval, and Kargach could think of no better compliment than Friór's silent sipping and listening. He also did the best he could to understand the foreign world described, and which Karg had had to deal with by necessity alone. Thank Mahal the lad was spared such.

Again, such an atmosphere bred a survive or else mentality and Kargach himself had had to hide his cheerful demeanor behind false bravado a time or two while struggling to leave it unbent after only Forty-One years.

It was doable though, as Friór's own family proved, he knew. Still to avoid such testing fires in the first place was the better option. The lad smiled to some of Kargach's comments, proving he knew the wheelwright was jesting and for which Karg was grateful. No sense seeming he was taking himself too seriously.

”I understand, Sir...well I think”, the lad went on, and half understanding was about all anyone could ask on such a topic. Kargach smiled, "No worries lad, even those of us who lived it only half understood it", he assured.

”Um...but...did you win, Master Kargach?”, a genuine laugh followed this statement, and not from any mocking of the lad in front of him, but in genuine amusement and further growing fondness of said lad, which made him want to show off a bit...

"Yes I did!", Kargach had no qualms admitting, and perhaps should have had more, "Quite a few times in fact! All...through necessity of course", he went on. "Same as I lost quite a few times".

Kargach could sit her relating tales all day, but...there would no doubt be time enough for that, and monitoring how far the lad had got into his treat, the wheelwright figured it was about time he got further onto business and, standing once more, walked over to get the chisel set he'd set aside earlier. "Friór, son of Fritz, you are welcomed to hang about as long as you like", Kargach began, and knew he should begin with, because knowing the lad he would think he was being shuffled along as the wheelwright changed topics, "In fact...come by and bother me about wood anytime", he got onto his offer, near enough, as he picked up and came back with the leather keeper and tools, and his smile showed he was jesting about 'bothering', "But just incase you did feel you had to be getting along, and before you do, I want you to take these with you". Karg handed over the tools, "Now I'm sure your father has plenty of tools laying about, but this right here is what carpenters use and what you will need as a budding one", Karg smiled reassuringly.

(darkgreen)

Friór

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2019, 03:08:13 AM »
Friór grinned as Master Kargach said he’d won ‘quite a few’ of the tussles, and ‘same as he lost a few’, just to be fair and all.

”But...you never met Uncle Kvas or Aunt Rian, Sir?”, he half asked, and half clarified.

Once the talk seemed to be waning down, Master Kargach rose, assuring Friór he could stick around and wasn’t a bother, which he sort of had to assure to, because the lad had been preparing to ‘get out of his way’ if he had to, and enough social hints were dropped.

Friór blinked as Master Kargach said to ‘bother him about wood anytime’. He was picking up on enough about the Dwarf to read it as the offer it was.

Then box just further proving his intent!

Friór glanced from it to the wheel-wright. ”For...for borrowing sir?”, he half clarified, then flinched at how expectant that sounded! ”I mean, of course it is, sorry Master Kargach, Thankyou!”.

After gingerly taking  the box, Friór glanced it over, lifting out some of the chisels and such. It was still a humble woodworker’s box of tools, if well polished. No gold inlay was to be seen, but still, it was humbling to be entrusted with!

Of course Friór's mother had given him a wood-carving set for his birthday, but this wasn't a carving set so much as a set to work at the actual wood and smooth it. Taken together, he was well set!

His wide blue eyes regarded Kargach again with awe and gratitude, and then he grinned a wide, white smile, especially at being called a Budding Carpenter. ”And I’d like that! To come by and learn”, he answered back enough to the offer.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 03:27:15 AM by Friór »

Wonderful sig made by Cass ~

(aquamarine)

Kargach

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 01:30:49 PM »
”But...you never met Uncle Kvas or Aunt Rian, Sir?”

Young Friór asked. Kargach chuckled, "Not that I recall...though I think some of the same Dwarflings who ran about with me would shift over to their temporary group of mischief makers and...I think your aunt stole my sandwich once; can't prove it, and it's been so many years now I'm not gonna ask for one back", Karg looked completely serious about dropping this old debt, hiding his jesting smile very well as he waved it off.

Then it was on to the actual business that brought the lad to him. Giving him the actual tools he would need and all. Karg already knew the lad's dear mother had set him up with a nice carving set, but as he said, a budding carpenter could never be over prepared!

Friór of course tried to not overstep boundaries.

”For...for borrowing sir? I mean, of course it is, sorry Master Kargach, Thankyou!”.

Karg let himself grin fully, and placed a hand on the lad's shoulder, "We'll just see how it goes, and if it ends up best for you to keep the set, you do that" he smiled and patted the small shoulder.

”And I’d like that! To come by and learn”

Karg's own grin grew, "And I would be honored to have such a fine apprentice" he answered back fully genuinely. He knew Friór wouldn't say the word if he didn't first, being so well mannered and even a bit hesitant through that.

"Well, so, any other stories from my past you want to know about? Go on, ask me anything", the aging wheel-wright went on with a still boyish grin as he took his seat across from his new apprentice and let him finish up the sugary concoction he'd made.

{Hee, in the interest of Karg's point of not rushing I'm not gonna officially exit the lad, but you get the point; that's that <3}

(darkgreen)

Tags: kargach 3005 

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Faramir: Reply for Éowyn! [link]
    September 30, 2019, 12:17:32 AM
  • Manwë: Reply for Nauroval! thehobbitroleplay.com/index.php?topic=5384.0
    September 26, 2019, 04:55:55 PM
  • Pellavan: Thread for Farran/Faramir! [link]
    September 26, 2019, 03:39:31 AM
  • Faramir: Reply for Éowyn! [link]
    September 22, 2019, 12:39:37 AM
  • Tintaldé: [link] @Whit/Tinuvagor
    September 21, 2019, 11:01:15 AM
  • Éowyn: [link] @Cass/Faramir
    September 21, 2019, 10:38:16 AM
  • Ulmo: Pellavan is approved and now in play! ^^ [link]
    September 16, 2019, 12:38:49 PM
  • Fritz: More brotherly banter for Andi/Cass and Koph/Blue! Whoo! [link]
    September 04, 2019, 06:15:14 PM
  • Faramir: Starter for Lothíriel/Meren, after a thousand years! [link]
    August 24, 2019, 10:22:02 PM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Tag for Thatguy [link]
    May 17, 2019, 03:01:04 AM
  • thatguy2: tag for Gard [link]
    May 14, 2019, 05:38:28 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Thread for Eofor/Thatguy [link]
    May 11, 2019, 02:46:13 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Reply for Hades/Altair! [link]
    May 08, 2019, 04:09:02 PM
  • Nienna: Post to Teachers Vent [link] *crosses fingers*
    May 07, 2019, 01:14:34 AM
  • Faramir: Reply for Becca/Éomer! [link]
    May 01, 2019, 11:59:42 PM
  • Faramir: Plots back for Dory! [link]
    April 30, 2019, 10:21:06 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag Cass/Faramir <3 [link]
    April 30, 2019, 01:57:05 PM
  • Éowyn: Thread starter for Eofer/ThatGuy: [link]
    April 30, 2019, 09:00:17 AM
  • Faramir: Faramir plots for Meren/Lothíriel... two years late. Sorry about that! [link]
    April 29, 2019, 09:12:22 PM
  • Tintaldé: Tag for Whit/Elrohir [link]
    April 23, 2019, 04:48:08 PM