• Dot Users: 1

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Gard: *snugs Hades* <3
    September 08, 2020, 01:53:19 PM
  • Nienna: lord have mercy on my stressed soul...
    September 04, 2020, 01:34:16 PM
  • Dory: And one for Hera/Elladan. :3
    August 03, 2020, 05:53:40 AM
  • Dory: Finally got to Cirdan's plotter, Guiga. <3
    August 03, 2020, 05:31:01 AM
  • Gard: I'm good! ^^ Hope you had fun! <3
    July 31, 2020, 09:58:18 PM
  • Ristiinna: Back from my camping trip. How's everyone?
    July 30, 2020, 09:38:19 PM
  • Nienna: Becca! I’ll work on a Ren post when I get off work! ❤️
    July 24, 2020, 11:39:33 PM
  • Nienna: Hello hello!
    July 24, 2020, 11:39:03 PM
  • Nienna: <3
    July 20, 2020, 02:57:05 AM
  • Guiga: No problem, Hades. I'm still catching up on posts as well.
    July 19, 2020, 05:17:39 AM
  • Nienna: oh my god it's embarrassing how long that took me to get out, Guiga! </3 I am SO SO SO SO SO sorry! But some things happened, and all should be good to go again.
    July 18, 2020, 05:56:29 PM
  • RonnieRoo: Wowie!
    July 15, 2020, 10:03:00 PM
  • Hera: @Ari. Your reply is posted as well. Next is Gard's as Pellavan.
    July 12, 2020, 08:41:33 AM
  • Hera: Wrong account.
    July 12, 2020, 08:40:20 AM
  • Gandalf: @Dory. I hope you find the dogs.
    July 12, 2020, 08:39:54 AM
  • Ari: (Marbys & Gard) Got my post out! *shoots confetti cannon* I do believe Gard is next. :)
    July 12, 2020, 07:58:12 AM
  • Ari: (Dory) Aw, I do hope your puppers are okay ;_;
    July 12, 2020, 02:16:14 AM
  • Ari: I've been distracted binge-watching Bob's Burgers, ngl  X'D  My post for Ann & Naur -Marbys & Gard- is a'comin!
    July 12, 2020, 02:14:24 AM
  • Dory: I'm going to try and start writing on my day off next week tho.
    July 11, 2020, 11:28:12 AM
  • Dory: You'll have to forgive me too. There has been...a lot going on. Starting with our dogs at the farm going missing. :/
    July 11, 2020, 11:27:47 AM

* Directories

RPG-D RPG Initiative

* Awards

Author Topic: [Hobbit + LotR] Lord of the House of the Golden Flower  (Read 4458 times)

Glorfindel

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Becca
Lord of the House of the Golden Flower
« on: April 26, 2016, 02:06:13 AM »
So most Elves know who Glorfindel is, and so might other races but especially Men of Gondor. He grew up in Valinor, followed Turgon to Middle Earth, helped found Gondolin, and was killed defending it by a balrog (after surviving several other balrogs, a dragon, and hordes of orcs). He was then re-embodied by the Valar and came back to Middle Earth just before the Last Alliance, helping behind the scenes. He also led troops in the Battle of Fornost, foretelling that the Witch-King of Angmar would be defeated by Eowyn. And now he helps protect Imladris and watches over Elrond and his children.

Friends: Glorfindel is not terribly choosy about who is his friend and he has little grudges towards any beyond the forces of Sauron. Of course, he is a bit too trusting and yet is extremely loyal and protective to his friends.

Enemies: Most just evil beings and any that wish to harm those he cares for. And he is an extremely deadly foe to those he calls an enemy.

Lovers: He hasn't found his one love (though there were unfounded rumors about him and Ecthelion) but he also isn't really looking for it, though he would not be opposed to it. It would take a very special someone to catch his eye.

Hades

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Tracker: Plotter
Re: Lord of the House of the Golden Flower
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 05:14:03 PM »
Okay! Let's get this plotter party started. :) Like I said over skype, there are some that I would toss his way, but not many, mostly because I don't know how well he would mesh with certain characters.

Niven & Glorfindel
     Here is Niven. He's a guard of Lorien, loyal to his Lord and Lady! He is waaaaaaay younger than Glorfindel, so he would be more childish, I think, with his sunny disposition. Nothing really gets Niven down. He's adventurous but has rarely strayed beyond the borders of Lorien, so he's down for a little outside adventure if that is what happens. I don't know why Glorfindel would pick Niven to do something that, but if he came highly recommended by Cel? Idk. *shrug* As to timeline, doesn't matter to me.

Anarion & Glorfindel
     Anarion is my ranger! In The Hobbit he's searching for his brother, and trying to discover for himself what he's capable of. In LoTR He's much older, and has probably discovered what he is capable of. xD There is no better way to explain it.

Ginger & Glorfindel
     She is also around in LotR, only she doesn't travel as much anymore unless she has to. She's lost a lot of friends and family and is feeling kind of alone, except for the great, great grandson she takes care of due to the loss of his parents. In The Hobbit, as you know, she travels about in some unsavory places sometimes, but can handle herself.

Idhrenion & Glorfindel
     He would be able to relate to Glorfindel. He knows of him and knows what he did because he was there, roughly speaking. xD I can see them getting along just fine as friends. Perhaps even sparring partners? 

Anadwen

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 11:04:02 AM »
Glorfy, Elladan wants to hear about the balrog. For the seventy ninth time. But he really wants to, although he thinks Ecthelion's helmet was more badass.

Jokes aside, I have a whole bunch that's elligible. Elladan being the first and foremost; however, Caranor frequents Imladris - and its library - quite frequently as well, although I'd presume their relations are not quite so warm; Cara is a Feanorian though amd through and his opinion on Turgon and Gondolin has some jagged edges.
Maerion stops by sometimes. Glorfy, you need a drinking buddy? Hunting buddy? Fencing buddy? Just someone to share hair tips with? He's so damnably talkative, extroverted and shameless that he will likely gladly consent to all of that. And lonely. Very lonely.

Erestor

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 06:56:17 PM »
It's Glorfindel and Erestor! You know we need to thread these two! They go together like stormclouds and sunshine (meaning that they clash terribly, yet somehow end up creating something beautiful xD) But seriously? I've always loved these two together and imagining their interactions...just so much their contrasting personalities. With Erestor especially I imagine him as being the sort to snark at Glorfy a lot of the time, only to wake up one morning and be like, "Dammit. I actually like him!" and be almost put out by the realization.  but yeah, I do tend to picture them as having that kind of relationship where they can be bickering one moment, but they've always got each other's backs. Of course, if you had other ideas that cool too! feel free to accept, reject or change anything. I'm really up for whatever you want to do, I just really need threads with these two!^^

Glorfindel

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 04:06:35 AM »
Hades: Hmm, I think any of these options could be fun though perhaps Niven or Idhrennion would be easiest to thread with, not that Glorfy is hard to thread with since he is rather chill and such >.>

Anadwen: He probably thinks the twins are brats at times but is fiercely protective of them. But he probably let them ride on his bed when they were little and told them slightly embarrassing stories of their father or grandparents >.> But he'd also be cool meeting Maerion and sparring and sharing hair tips. I think even he might be a bit wary or upset if Caranor spoke ill against Gondolin or Turgon.

Eirlys: These are in a lot of ways polar opposites but I think they make a good team of advisers for Elrond (and a source of migraines for him >.>), even if they possibly bicker quite often. I have the feeling that Erestor is one of the few people to get Glorfindel to be remotely snarky (though honestly to be an Elf I feel there is an unspoken rule that they must have some snark in them) and people are shocked when the two of themn go at it.

Erestor

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 02:51:32 PM »
Excellent!^^ And yes, they seem like the sort to just naturally bring out the more sarcastic sides to one another much to the shock of everyone else in the room. Ai, poor Elrond having to deal with them *shakes head* (but in all seriousness, it's probably the fact that they're so different from one another that makes them such a good team of adviers. Different perspectives and all.)

So yes! Where do you want to start with these two? There's plenty we could do and I'm just excited to thread with Glorfy^^  We could start off in the beginning of their relationship if you wanted, just to get some things established? Though the idea of a thread after Glorfindel returns from his battle with the Witch-King Amuses me, where Erestor is all "Oh thak Eru, you're back...*ahem*...Not that I was worried, or anything >.>." Stuff taking place around the time of the Council of Elrond would be cool too. Or just a normal meeting of Elrond's Advisers in which their giving Elrond the usual migrane xD  There's probably a lot more we could do with them as we thread them and we get a feel for their relationship, of course, but yeah. Where should we start? 8D

Glorfindel

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 03:53:09 AM »
lol I think either their first meeting or Erestor trying to hide that he was worried about Glorfy during the battle against the Witch-King sounds great. But I'm not terribly picky about which we do (or if we do something else entirely)

Erestor

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 01:03:42 PM »
Alright! Well, i guess to get a feel for them starting off with their meeting would make the most sense, did you want to start the thread, or shall I?

Glorfindel

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 01:49:33 AM »
*sorry about the wait for a reply* I can start this one.

Tintaldé

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Dory
  • Application: Plotter
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 02:37:08 PM »
galadriel&&glorfindel

We've already talked about them in her plotter, so ya know. He gets to be the only one to call her Artanis when she's being naughty or high-strung, though. Mostly the former these days. She probably seeks him out too when she wants to remember her brothers, in a way she trusts few others.

faenuriel&&glorfindel

I'd love to explore these two, tbh. They're both some of the few true Eldar left, and while what she has been through and how she's come out of it is another plane entirely to...you know, dying and coming back, I just feel like discussing these two for better or for worse could be fun, if you're interested. They're both somewhere between trying to be gentle and troubled, not made for despair but sorrowful from memories and losses nonetheless, and if they do get along, Faenuriel's always happy to have a reason to visit Rivendell. Also, they're both the Elf equivalent of 40 Year Old Virgins -- the difference is that he just hasn't found the right one, and she in her heart doesn't really believe at this point that there's anybody who would think enough of her to be overly bothered if she died or disappeared, let alone thought enough of her to actually pursue her.

tintalde&&glorfindel

She basically lives in Rivendell almost permanently, and has done so between occasional travels to Lothlorien since about six hundred years ago, when she decided she wanted to expand her healing arts by being close at hand to Elrond's teachings and the library of Rivendell. Her downfall is her social skills; she's basically somewhere on the higher functioning end of the autistic spectrum, and while this makes her very honest, it also means she can grate on people at times if they feel she's lacking understanding or compassion of social mores (she's gotten better though, especially with Elrohir's patience and affection keeping her bolstered). So do you think she'd do the same to Glorfindel, or would he understand she's just a little different up there in those brain synapses and ignore it/sometimes try to gently chide or correct her? He does seem like the kind who could manage that without treating someone like her condescendingly or like a child.

(She needs friends anyway, basically, and outside of the twins, she tends to make them with older Elves rather than her own age group.)

'what you do in the present is what defines you now'

Becca

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 01:26:20 AM »
Galadriel & Glorfindel: He is probably the only one who truly remembers her from before the Kinslayings and likes to reminisce with her. Maybe we can do a thread where they meet after he is reborn and sent to Middle Earth?

Faenuriel & Glorfindel: Old Fart Elves That Have Seen Everything and Survived for the Win! :D But yes, I do think that these two are super similar to each other, though whether they are too similar or not remains to be seen.

Tindalde & Glorfindel: I think he's very much in the latter group of people, likely understanding that she might not be normal but that is OK. Though once he learns of her and Elrohir being a couple, he might not be able to help but tease her, goodnaturedly of course.

arasseth

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 03:16:02 PM »
Since Ara hasn't (yet) left Mirkwood, they would only have met if Glorfindel has visited Thranduil's halls recently.  Like, really recently, she's only just over 200.  Barring that, I do plan on having her go out and about more in the near future.

Anyway, her attitude toward him would be an awkward combination of deeply held respect and awe over getting to know such an Important Elf and also giddy fangirly things because that's just how Ara is: giddy and perky and stuff.

Becca

• OOC
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 03:09:18 AM »
Glorfindel & Arasseth: I honestly don't think he's been to Mirkwood in a very long time, probably not before she was born. But once she does leave Mirkwood when she heads to Rivendell, she's more than welcome to meet Glorfindel. I think he'd react to her fangirling over with a mixture of embarrassment, amusement, and self-deprecation. He is very much a sweetheart though and would likely enjoy her enthusiasm.

arasseth

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 03:10:36 AM »
Well, I'm probably going to go ahead and get Arasseth making the move to Rivendell sooner than I originally planned, just to give her something to do  Then they can meet :D

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Galadriel: thread starter for Celeborn/Becca <3
    August 19, 2020, 11:22:12 AM
  • Ristiinna: Checking in on Arthfael with Ristiinná...
    August 03, 2020, 04:31:47 PM
  • Dory: Plotter tag for Elladan/Hera! <3
    August 03, 2020, 05:53:20 AM
  • Galadriel: Plotter tag for Cirdan/Guiga! <3
    August 03, 2020, 05:30:20 AM
  • Gard: For Guiga [link]
    July 24, 2020, 06:54:05 PM
  • Gard: For Ari! [link]
    July 22, 2020, 02:52:00 PM
  • Nienna: for Gard! [link] let me know if anything needs edits...
    July 20, 2020, 04:15:22 AM
  • Nienna: Far too long, but I should have more free time now: [link]
    July 18, 2020, 05:55:42 PM
  • Nauroval: Reply for Shadowfax and Annúngilel [link]
    July 17, 2020, 07:37:07 PM
  • Nienna: for Thranduil [link]
    July 17, 2020, 01:14:38 AM
  • Gandalf: Reply for Shadowfax [link]
    July 12, 2020, 08:21:28 AM
  • Ari: Reply for Gard and Marbys! [link]
    July 12, 2020, 07:56:59 AM
  • Annúngilel: Reply for Nauroval and Shadowfax [link]