• Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM
  • Dís: Eeeeeh hi again Icewolf!
    July 22, 2019, 11:13:41 PM
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 25
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: [LotR] Darkness will not Endure  (Read 4828 times)

Faramir

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Cass
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
Re: Darkness will not Endure
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 04:14:38 AM »
Faramir & Frodo & Sam

Yep, we go with the movie canon where it deviates from the books.  That doesn't mean we can't thread out interactions we didn't see in the films, of course. :)

Lothíriel

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Meren
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 02:12:55 PM »
Lothíriel & Faramir: Cousins! I have a couple of ideas we could pursue for these two, both for younger Loth and War-era Loth. Younger Loth visited Minas Tirith in the summers, usually, so no doubt she was shadowing her brothers and cousins and bothering them. The family's time spent going to Minas Tirith dies off as she gets older, though, but perhaps Faramir and Loth have some discussions when her betrothal to Maethor is announced? And then of course she is in the Houses with him, so they could even discuss his own feelings for Éowyn (and maybe Faramir and Éowyn are part of the reason she and Éomer come together). Let me know what you think!

Faramir

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2019, 07:56:15 PM »
Lothíriel & Faramir

So it's only taken me two years to reply to this. I'm sorry Meren, I've been MIA for the longest time! If you're still around and interested, I would love to plot. <3

I feel Faramir will be immensely fond of his scholarly, dutiful cousin and see her as something of a kindred spirit. I'm quite certain he will have visited Dol Amroth at times during his youth, though I doubt it was with the same frequency that Lothíriel visited Minas Tirith. Summers spent together would give their relationship a strong foundation, even with their age difference. They are both fond of books, so I can see them having spent time in the libraries (with Faramir frequently sending books to Lothíriel in Dol Amroth) and, more tragically, they were both robbed of their respective mothers at a young age. There is also the possibility that Faramir encouraged Lothíriel in her archery.

I'm grateful for your thread ideas, with so many possibilities it's difficult to know where to start! Faramir could easily travel to Dol Amroth when Lothíriel's betrothal to Maethor is announced, giving them the opportunity to talk. No doubt there will be celebrations and gifts given to the couple. I would also love them to interact in the Houses of Healing; Lothíriel would surely be aware of how much time her cousin has been spending with Éowyn and if Faramir is to be candid with anyone, I imagine it would be her. We could also have a thread set the night before the doomed assault on Osgiliath, which could be heart-wrenching.

I don't mind where we start, but I feel I must warn you I'm a slow writer. Life is especially busy for me at the moment - between twin babies and moving house - but I'm determined to write more and don't plan on vanishing again any time soon. :)

Eorik

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2019, 03:09:40 AM »
eorik&faramir

So you know me; I have this silly, self-conscious phobia of throwing OC's at canons and into canon character's plots, but I got here eventually anyway (after lots of settling into Eorik) so here goes. xD

10/10 they should meet; I'm pretty sure even though Eorik is super serious and dutiful at times (could put Eowyn's poker face to shame) that his gained moniker of The Gentle Wolf would suit only Faramir better than anyone else. Not only that, but it's probably unavoidable given Faramir's hardly a crusty noble looking down on high at the common soldier/peasants. And Rik's ended up headed towards being a permanent fixture in the lives of the Rohirric royal family, in the present and future. He was Eomer's lieutenant before the injuries he sustained at Pelennor (they're going to have a permanent effect on his abilities as a soldier, so no more big battles or cavalry charges for him) and in the present, is being forced to learn and accept the extent of his injuries and how it'll affect his future.

Which is also sort of planned, and it involves Lothiriel. The plot is to send him home to his family (which is also mildly tragic because I'm mean at times, as that doesn't include his deceased wife and stillborn daughter) but because he met Loth in the Houses of Healing and a) assisted her with caring for his men, b ) gained her trust and c) knows Rohan like the back of his hand and doesn't have any desire to leave it of his own accord, will end up being asked to be Captain of her personal guard upon her marriage to Eomer.

So anyway, I need to stop dithering one-sided so we can actually brainstorm, but these boi's have got to meet.

sefa&faramir

She knew Finduilas. She probably met him as a tiny one. She married Haleth and returned to Rohan, but still lived years in Gondor, so we know she can read, write, maths and speak both tongues/be translator. She has a treasure trove of naughty childhood stories about Eowyn because you know, being married to Haleth aka a close companion/loyalist to Thengel makes for great opportunities there. She's also a terrible romantic, we know this. I want them. xD <3

Faramir

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2019, 10:20:02 PM »
I'm delighted you've offered up your wonderful OCs, Dory! I'm heading to bed but wanted to respond here before I hit the hay. <3

Eorik & Faramir

I would love for these two to meet! It's possible their paths could cross in the Houses of Healing, in the days following the Battle of Pelennor Fields. Otherwise they would meet when Faramir travels to Rohan. They are certain to be acquainted with another eventually, what with Eorik set to become the Captain of Lothíriel's personal guard! Eorik is a loyal, resilient sort and Faramir is sure to respect that, and trust that his beloved cousin is in capable hands.

Sefa & Faramir

Okay, so we've talked about these two a bit already. I love the idea of Sefa knowing Finduilas, and meeting Faramir when he is only smol. The grief he feels at the loss of his mother is a permanent fixture; no less present in his later years, despite its growing manageability. He would be glad of someone to help keep Finduilas alive in his mind, to remind him of the similarities they share. Naturally Faramir is going to want to hear all those tales of his wild love's childhood days - and there are some traditional Rohirric songs he's going to need translated! :-* Do you have any preference where we start?

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Lothíriel: [link] Eorik as well
    November 12, 2019, 07:52:07 PM
  • Meren: Reply for Faramir (finally after a million years) [link]
    November 12, 2019, 07:33:42 PM
  • Legolas: [link] @Thranduil
    November 09, 2019, 01:38:45 AM
  • Galadriel: i give up i keep hitting the wrong account here xD
    October 29, 2019, 05:52:34 AM
  • Éowyn: [link] @Thranduil