• Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM
  • Dís: Eeeeeh hi again Icewolf!
    July 22, 2019, 11:13:41 PM
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 419
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: Safe & Sound  (Read 2282 times)

Elrania

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Pip
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
Safe & Sound
« on: August 31, 2015, 01:25:00 AM »
Stars. What a strange thing they were - just large balls of light that could only be seen at nighttime, as if they were the sky's equivalent of forest fireflies, but fireflies could not so easily dance upon the cooling waters of a river, nor brighten the eyes of those that beheld them. Elrania had not really taken an appreciation to stars when she had been a part of the guard; it was only when she finally managed to get out of Thranduil's charge and out into the forest that she found the time to enjoy the wonders that the world presented to her. Often the elleth would find herself seated by a river after dark - watching as the world fell away and rebuilt itself by morning. The air seemed a lot cleaner at night, more breathable with almost a sweet taste upon its currents. Whilst anyone would have assumed that night time was the most dangerous, it was the peace that made Elrania a lot more deadly. She knew when things were out of place and the elleth would often find time to plan her attack ahead if the time. With eyes closed, and hand rested beneath her head, she allowed the sounds to disappear into the background until only silence ensued.

It had been quite some time until the silence was cracked by the smallest sound - a boot crunching upon dewy grass, pricking up her ears. Whether or not the noise was intentional, she had made the executive decision to stay where she was laid - waiting for the being to get closer. If necessary, she was prepared to attack, yet, she felt that wasn't necessary as the familiar smell of someone she knew came closer and closer. A certain tall blonde elf, with eyes of silky blue and svelte skin, of which, if it were possible, she would find herself ridiculously jealous of. With a smirk curled in the corner of her lips, she stayed her ground, eyes closed, waiting for the perfect moment. "You tread too loud, Prince, despite your years on me." The elleth would often find herself picking on Legolas, without really thinking twice about it - prince or not, out here, she was under nobody's jurisdiction, nor would she ever be again if the woman could help it. Being alone had been the best decision she had ever made; nobody left to bark orders nor second guess her judgements, no one to undermine her or demand anything of her that she did not want to fulfil.

"Have you snuck out or are you supposed to be on duty, mellon? I would hate to think you're breaking rules on my behalf." No - that was a complete lie, she didn't hate the idea of that. In fact, she probably loved the idea, mainly because it meant that the elven prince cared for his friend more than he cared for rules, and that was something she could appreciate - even she would do such a thing.
[/font]
Played by Pip!

Legolas

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Dory
Safe & Sound
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 05:56:00 AM »

"Perhaps my making noise is my own means of survival. You are so dreadfully paranoid after all that to sneak up on you would be asking to lose my insides."

His voice was laughing even as he retorted so sharply, and as Legolas held his booted foot above her head in a mock attempt to stomp on her [closer than she had given him credit to have gotten], he wondered not for the first time what it was about the antisocial elleth that brought out both the pest and the best of moods in him. He found it harder and harder to maintain his sunny disposition as time wore on, and yet Elrania's company, sardonic, bitter quips and all, seemed an odd kind of bolster for one such as he. Certainly, he didn't always agree with what she had to say, but amid the sardonicism, there were occasional bouts of tenderness, and a pearl of wisdom here and there. And Legolas was one who did his best to listen to others, if nothing else...to an extent mind you.

Mostly though, she was a friend. A faithful friend. She cared, and did not play games with him.

And so to risk even Thranduil's ire was more than worth it, and Legolas hopped back to two feet before any damage too grievous could be enacted upon him, allowing a chuckle to escape as he crouched down beside her, blue eyes gleaming with a kind of mischief, a sort of irreverent fondness.

"I do not think for you at least, that years matter all that much." The compliment was sincere, despite his teasing. As much so, though a little more obvious, as the nod to her talents in stealth and tracking. Legolas was proud of his abilities, but in this case, he did not mind being caught out too much. He was as fond of Elrania as much as he was Tauriel, and the latter had always left him with a sense of pride in her, whatever her accomplishments were.

"Do not fear for my hide, it is duty that calls me out tonight. However, we'll just say that my Ada is not aware of exactly where I was headed, beyond knowing I would come out tonight whether it was liked or not. I have spent too much time inside the halls of Eryn Galen, of late."

Legolas glanced up at the sky then, following somewhat where her gaze had been before he'd disturbed her solitude, and his voice softened just a mite.

"What are you thinking of, Elrania? Apart from what a great pest I am, and how we must never let others know this."

'the most tireless of all The Fellowship'

played by Dory

Elrania

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Safe & Sound
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 01:00:00 AM »
The younger Elleth chuckled, shaking her head and smirking at the idea; oh how well he knew Elrania by this point, that he might as well have been able to predict her next move. She sensed the boot above her head and batted it away with the back of her hand like one would a fly, before opening her eyes to look up at the blonde elf stood above her. "You are getting too bold, Legolas. If you truly feared losing your innards you would not mock me so with booted foot." She patted the patch of grass beside her, beckoning him to come and lay with her as she stared towards the stars that blanketed the sky above them.

Grateful didn't quite cover how Elrania felt for Legolas going against his Ada and visiting her - to risk a wrath that she knew only too well, but Legolas was his own elf, and he chose how to live his life - and the younger elf respected that. How could she not? Anyone who had a thought of their own certainly gained her respect, even if it was only a little - but she had been friends with the prince for quite some time, and her respect for hi grew more and ore each day."Well, the years haven't changed me, that's for certain - but they've not been so kind to you." The cheeky grin on her face showed her jest, quite like he often did to her.

"It is not your hide I fear for - or at least, not to the extent I should. I imagine you can hold your own against your father. If he were to find MY whereabouts however..." She teased, though, it was not all in jest - she could only imagine what he would do to her should he get his hands on her. Elrania was sure, on some level, that there was a cell with her name on it, till she rotted or recanted her opinions that had landed her out here in the first place.

His question caused a still as she thought of her answer - had she been thinking at all or had she simply been staring? No, she was pretty sure she was thinking, and after another few moments, she'd drawn up a reply. "I was planning my next move. Your guard seem to be trekking closer to the border. Perhaps I'll retreat to Lake-Town, or find refuge halfway across the earth." Of course, this was not exactly true, she'd probably just head further south or take to the plains for a little while until they'd done what they had to. "Nothing of importance. So tell me, how is your spider problem?"
[/font]
Played by Pip!

Legolas

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Re: Safe & Sound
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 08:20:19 AM »

"Indeed. Adulthood has done me nothing but ill, I fear. The cooks are not half as charitable in regards to my bottomless stomach as they used to be."

His tone was wry, but his mouth twitched, and he let her talk on. It was an interesting thing he had learned about Elrania, though perhaps not all that surprising either -- she liked to talk, despite the hermit state she had chosen for herself. And indeed, she had chosen, for she could have easily gone elsewhere, and found some sanctuary there among others. Even Lorien, though he knew the Lady Galadriel had once been friends of a feather to his father, would accept her. But Elrania had made the decision she had made, and so Legolas respected it so long as it brought no harm to others. Even if, more than once, it provoked that notorious urge in him to question.

Besides, she was utterly intriguing. To talk to, at that. Frank and honest, even when it was laced mostly with sarcasm. He liked that regardless of the history he knew between her and...everyone else, more or less. And while some might deep it precocious, with her age as it was, Legolas considered there to be far worse things to be up in arms over.

Mind, even though he liked to hear her talk, listen to her talk, talk with her, that did not make it all entirely okay. Not in regards to Thranduil, at any rate, and though lightness was made of his escape, of this subtle defiance, it did not mean Legolas was not torn. He felt guilty even as he enjoyed the company, ached to keep something from his father even as he wondered why his conscience would make him feel so, and yet make him feel gladdened of heart to be out here, the kindness of him all too willing to visit with any who wished it. He'd even visit Radagast, the mad wizard, if needs be -- that much was certain.

Oh yes, he was torn indeed. And so it was why his lips pursed slightly when Elrania spoke of Thranduil, neither agreeing nor disagreeing [mostly disagreeing mentally out of love, but agreeing out of logic, and by Varda's garden of stars was it a headache of a mess], running his fingers in an absent, fidgety kind of way until she had finished, and then for a moment longer -- listening to the sounds of the forest in the evening, and taking some clarity of mind from it.

"I would not worry yourself too much, El," he said quietly, perhaps a little pointedly. "A King tends to have a great deal more on his mind than one recalcitrant elleth. Father may hold grudges all too readily, yes, but he is not so near-sighted as to focus exclusively upon them."

Though, now he'd been unintentionally warned, Legolas made a mental note to divert the path of those who patrolled this particular part of the forest. It would be easy enough, though he disliked it so when he was reduced to using his influence as the Prince of the Woodland Realm, but it was as simple as stating that he had been here already, and found nothing. No spiders, no orcs, no wild beasts. Nor would it need to be put off for too long either -- only until Elrania moved. And moving was something that certainly seemed to be on her mind, which was somewhat encouraging even as it tugged at his stomach unhappily.

Infernal creature. Was it normal to wish to throttle another and adore them in the same instance?

"Why do you not go then?" His fingernails rasped softly against the string of the bow. "To Laketown, I mean. You are free to do as you choose."

played by Dory

Elrania

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 02:43:56 AM »
Ahh, food, there was something that came less and less frequently to Elrania, and whenever she was in dire need of food she would just head to Lake-Town and speak to Bard, who seemingly always had something when she needed it. "Live on the edge for a while, your bottomless stomach will soon find a bottom." She smiled gently - it was probably best not to mention her eating habits as of late, though, Elves were less needy than men; which was advantageous. Placing her two hands beneath her head, staring up at the night sky once more, she'd found her content state quicker than she normally would on these nights. If she had to think about it, self-exile had been the best choice she'd ever made, not because she didn't have to answer to authority, but because she knew, at times, she was reckless. In a way, this was self-punishment, only, it was failing at the punishing part - instead, it was just like having a very long break from her duties. She'd travelled, and met strange folk along the way - like Daechir, the Ranger who seemed to have no stories to tell, it had certainly been refreshing to speak to someone other than her kin.

There was a laugh at the suggestion that she was a 'recalcitrant elleth' as he so kindly put it, and a soft shake of her head. "But you're right as always, but I'd rather keep a few steps ahead just in case. I don't quite think it's your father that's the problem. I've had a few too many near misses with the guards arrows." Rolling up her sleeve ever so slightly, she showed him one of the scars on her arm from where an arrow had skimmed past before covering it back up. She tried, as always, to laugh it off - but there was only so much one could laugh off. "Either that or I'm getting slow." She dreaded the thought, she wasn't that old, but perhaps living on the edge had made her a bit lackadaisical - or their aim was getting worse. Elrania wasn't too sure, but she certainly had enough scars on his skin from those blasted arrows for her to want to do something about it - her once unmarred skin tattered in sights too unsightly even for her. There was certainly one across her back, though, she'd never seen it before personally - and one the skimmed right across ribs, but they weren't worth worrying about after the fact. "Though I imagine it is probably the latter."

As soon as he questioned why she hadn't just up and left, she paused, furrowing her brow and looking at him with almost hurt eyes, though, it was a perfectly reasonable question. Why haven't you left yet? Your promise was only valid so long as you were on the guard, and that you are no longer so why do you remain? After a moment, she finally answered him, as confidently as she could when she wasn't sure herself that it was the truth. "Trust me when I say I've tried. Been as far as Rivendell, was offered the hospitality there, but nothing is quite like home. I owe a duty to my parents - I made a promise that I have every intention of keeping." Rivendell had been accommodating, and Lorien had been comfortable, and yet neither brought her ease - the further she had been from home, the less comforted she felt. Simply shrugging, she turned her attentions to where she could go next, where she might be out of the way. "I think I'll head to Rhosgobel. See if their spider problem is heavier." She mused, mostly to herself, if she could at least find one of the spider sources, then she could be of some help to the guard.
Played by Pip!

Legolas

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 03:10:36 AM »

When she bared her arm, Legolas barely avoided grabbing for it by the skin of his teeth, testament to the self-discipline that in fact inhabited every part of his daily life and his demeanour, rather than the opposite as some, possibly even his father at times, believed it to be. But his lips pursed tightly and he was forced to look away while she spoke, lest Elrania see the dangerous shade that had passed over his gentle features, and darkened the hue of those soft blue-grey eyes to a deadlier shade. And Legolas not only thought now, but vowed to divert the attention of the guards. If nothing else, there'd certainly be lessons on recognising the difference between a fell creature and one of light, never mind their own kind. Isolated as the Mirkwood was, there was not, nor had there ever been, the notion of freedom to shoot whatever passed through. Never. It was disgusting to think that they had grown so slack.

And if Thranduil would not take them to task, then Legolas certainly would. He might have had no desire for accolades or homage, but he certainly commanded loyalty and obedience. For him, the military aspect was most important at present, as both the son of the King and thus the one with less need to see to it's more stately matters.

If nothing else though, it prickled at his morals to do otherwise.

"Go to Rhosgobel," he said quietly, though with a hint of firmness, once the worst of his initial spike of anger was cast aside. "And then send word back to me of the state of it. I am friendly with Sebastian's kin, use that if you must. But I want word sent back to me, Elrania."

This time, there was absolutely no room for argument with him. For not only did the Prince speak firmly, but his fingers found her chin, forcing the elleth to abandon her light-hearted dismissive-ness and look him in the eye. One struggled to lie, after all, when they were forced to look their adversary in the eye, and the struggle was only greater when it was someone they were fond of.

"Then go on to Lake-Town, or Rivendell." Please, for your own safety. Until I've sorted this. "There is an old play mate of mine there, too -- you can meet her if you have not known her before, and tell me how she fares." He let go then, tender and kinder once more, if not quite as affable as he had been. Though he smiled still, if a little wryly, and flicked her ear gently.

"And do not look at me so. You know I do not ask why you travel...or rather, ask you to travel, because I am weary of your company. You are my friend, El."

played by Dory

Elrania

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 03:43:47 AM »
She watched Legolas as she put her arm away, somewhat confused by the sudden inability to look at her when he'd seen them. Perhaps he too found them ugly quite like she did and did not want to gaze upon them. "No real harm done." her words had mumbled into a near incoherent mess, but that was so she didn't trouble the Prince any more than she had to. "I'll try not to get in the way in future." Knitting her eyebrows with worry, she wanted to turn him to face her, but she did not dare put a hand out of place upon him - after all, he was her friend and he could do as he pleased as far as she was concerned.

"And who else would I send word to besides you?" Scoffing lightly, she shook her head, though the mention of a 'Sebastian' had her confused - however, she'd work it out when she got there. She'd not heard any reports of Rhosgobel, and this was either going to prove troubling or delightful, for if there were no spiders further south, then they'd have nothing to worry about - but if there were...

The sudden hand on her chin caused a hitch in her breathing, a melted mixture of confusion and... something else jarring her once 'blasé' approach into something more serious and concentrated, all attentions now fixed firmly on the young prince.

"....I'll go to Rivendell in search of your friend, but that is all. I belong here." Her words were soft, finding the hand on her chin seemingly uncomfortable - it was never pleasant to have one force you to look them in the eye. "I will send word back and follow quickly thereafter." When he let go of her chin, she subconsciously reached up with her hand, gently rubbing it as it would draw away the discomfort from that moment, the heart in her chest stilling a little as she managed to make a comfortable distance once more. As his features softened once more, she began to query what had spurred on the sudden commands - but she needn't have asked for soon he answered.

You are my friend, El. The concersation had quickly darkened, though, the Elleth could not understand why - despite all her best effort too assertain the underlying issue."Are you... concerned for my safety, Legolas? I mean, I'm flattered, but I've taken care of myself thus far have I not?" Arms had folded themselves in front of her, her eyebrows still knitted with concern, and even though her words were offered in jest, her features denied her the soft smile that often followed. If he was keeping something from her then she wanted to hear of it, but she wouldn't force anything out of him either. "If I go do I have your word that you'll stay safe? Those spiders are growing bolder and...." She did not dare finish her sentence, just in case she worried him further.
Played by Pip!

Legolas

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 04:07:38 AM »

"I am always concerned, Elrania. Even if I were not brought up to be so aware as I am of others, it is part of who I am."

The fact that he had clearly, if not scared her, than at least intimidated her a little, was obvious even as she attempted to hide it. Or perhaps it was only he who would notice it as such, for it was indeed a large part of who he was, to notice such things. And perhaps part of her too allowed it to be thus. And it was hard not to feel somewhat bad, for Legolas had never gained any joy out of intimidating or cowing others. It was a diplomatic mindset as much as it was anything else, too, for to inspire fear in others was to also earn their loathing, and earning one's loathing often made an enemy of them. Either way, Legolas felt some remorse for doing so, though he could not quite be fully apologetic. She did not take things she should take seriously as seriously as she should, and if it was required that he half scare it into her that there'd be a wound left on his heart and a heavy weight on his shoulders if she ever came to true harm, then so be it.

Still, he was gentler again now, even going so far as to touch her hair softly, and place it behind her ear. Even smiling a little, his gaze as soft and encouraging, as the night sky as it would be when dawn began to break overhead, if a little wistful and a little lonely -- unwillingly so -- despite his demand that she go from their beloved Woodland Realm for her own safety. For now, anyway.

"You have my word. I will be careful, and if I am not, well. You hardly need the word of my Captain to know that there will be swift punishment if I am not." The Prince's eyes twinkled, dim stars in the evening light. "I will even play the ever binding game of pinky-swear with you on this, if it gives you some comfort."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 04:08:03 AM by Legolas »

played by Dory

Elrania

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 01:01:21 AM »
"I know, Mellon-nin, I know." Her words were quieter and filled with more sincerity than anything she'd said that evening, trying to offer a little comfort to him, as well as herself. It was seldom they ever got into such a serious discussion, but whenever they did, it made her feel like... Oh it hardly mattered what it made her feel like.

The elleth watched as his features softened and his hand moving gently to place her hair behind her ear - and she wanted to flinch and step away at such a soft touch, but instead she took a step closer, sighing softly. "You don't have to worry about me. I will do my best to keep out of danger if it pleases you." Copying his methods, merely grabbed his chin delicately between her thumb and forefinger making him look at her as she spoke those words before letting go. Well, if he was going to do it to her then she had every right to do it back.

"I don't quite think I need the pinky-swear. I trust you." His eyes distracted her for a moment from what she was going to say next, the blue's glimmered in the light and for a moment she felt lost. "I fear I might miss... the forest while I'm gone." Is the forest all you'll miss, Elrania? Or is there something else... A small smile sat upon her lips looking to Legolas with the same kind face he'd offered her, folding her hands behind her back in military fashion. He had ordered her, and whilst she wasn't prepared to take any from Thranduil, she would always obey Legolas... to an extent. If he'd ordered her to dive in the river with no real reason then she'd have declined, if he had ordered her to play hide and seek, that would also have been declined. She respected him, because he never demanded anything - no, he always asked, and because he asked, he got.
Played by Pip!

Legolas

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 01:57:26 AM »

It was almost...a novel thing, to be grabbed so. Even gently. For though Legolas had little qualms in the way of touching other people [usually to gain their attention], rarely was he ever touched himself without due cause or volition. It just...seemed to be a thing that came with his station in life, as were many other aspects of it that kept him constantly separated from others in that way. For once made aware of it, they rarely treated him the same ease and familiarity that they otherwise might have.

And it saddened him, more than even he himself knew.

But here before him was an elleth doing exactly that, this action and touch that perhaps only one or two others had done, and only one of those one or two others had the automatic right of -- his father, obviously. And though he had known long before now that Elrania did not subscribe to the usual way of doing things by the standards of most, it still caught him enough by surprise that for a moment, the Prince's body language was completely still, only his eyes working in that brief widening of indecipherable feeling and obvious innocence.

But she soothed him in the end with her words, if momentarily. Mellon-nin. My friend. One of my very best friends, even. Certainly one of his. And it staunched the constant, dull ache of loneliness in him, if only for a moment. In the end, Legolas smiled soft and rueful, deigning even to ignore the horrible, realistic thought that always intruded when his mind was on Thranduil and Elrania -- that in the end, both had been as bad as the other. But to think too long upon it was to bring brooding melancholy to his thoughts, even outright irritation, and he did not desire to ruin the balmy evening -- Varda's garden in the sky was far too beautiful for such bleakness this night, and Legolas was so rarely out in the forest anymore simply for the joy of being in it that he could only take the opportunity presented to him with nothing but stubborn alacrity. It was selfish, he knew that.

But how often did he get the chance to truly be selfish? If forced to examine it closely, it was a hypocritical world he was born to, and yet. And yet, he still chose to be otherwise, to even punish himself if he erred. But for the moment?

No. He'd enjoy Elrania's company, blithering and sardonicism and all.

And so he smiled that soft, rueful smile, and held out his arm for her to take. Completely removed from the commanding creature that was demanding some form of obedience before, and yet...entirely more himself for it.

"The forest will miss it's boldest guardian too, I am sure," he murmured. "But come, let us walk, and you may tell me what had you so thoughtful you were lost up there in Varda's gardens. And maybe, just maybe, I will tell you of every little foal that has been born in the stables since the spring time began."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 01:57:54 AM by Legolas »

played by Dory

Elrania

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 11:43:15 PM »
It was a tenderness she rarely offered anyone, and prior to her leave of the Kingdom, she would not have offered it at all. Perhaps she could blame it on the time she had spent in the company of Men, or the loneliness that now ached deep down in her core that she couldn’t explain. Despite her no longer being of the King’s command, she still saw Legolas as her prince, but now she did not have to turn her gaze so frequently and hold back any care that she felt for him; Thranduil was not here to judge her for it.

She noticed the still in his body, and her finger trembled temporarily under his chin, waiting to see if he removed her hand from him, or whether he would scold her for such an action, but neither was to come. Elrania allowed her hand to linger for just a few more moments before slipping it gracefully to her side, learning her boundaries and his all in the same breath; the smile offering her comfort despite his body showing her otherwise. The younger elleth was far too lost in the Prince’s eyes to even notice the glittery silken skies above her, catching only a glimpse of the stars in the blues that looked upon her.

Taking his arm, she smiled softly to herself, placing her delicate hands on his arm as lightly as she could so as to not grip him for dear life. [color= #4E5F82]”The forest will sooner miss it’s prince than it’s silent keeper.”[/color] She whispered, nodding ever so lightly to herself, though she would not be gone from its presence long. It was felt and weaved in her very core, dragging her back to its depths whenever she wandered too far, as if her presence would ultimately be required in the end. ”I often watch the world fall away, and rebuild itself by morn; and how simplistic it is. How the butterfly still flies without a worry in the world and fish that swim with one ultimate goal. What a simple life they lead, and what a life I wish I could lead.” She answered solemnly to his question, though mainly for the hope that he would indeed tell her of the foals that had been born. It had been quite some time since she’d owned a horse, and whilst she wasn’t generally a woman of horses, her last had been her closest friend in the darker times; now she didn’t seemingly have that either.
Played by Pip!

Legolas

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 04:43:45 AM »
"So morose, and yet I can't fault you entirely for it."

Legolas's voice was as deliberately light as his words were heavy, as indicative as anything could possibly be without openly calling her on her dismissal of her own life's importance that he heard it and let it be, though he went beyond simple disapproval to plain not liking it at all. She'd hit the mark without realising, by whispering as she had into the cool night air just what it was that he both belonged to and aided in governance of-- the forest. A realm more filled with Life than any other, and even with the darkness that encroached upon it, the apathetic overprotectiveness of a half-broken King, a land that he loved dearly and so sought to aid with every breath it laboured in and out.

Elrania was important. She was so simply because she was part of that land. She was important because regardless of the past, Legolas respected her and revered her simple right to live; he even, though only Orome and his consort Vanna The Ever Young knew of it when it was breathed silently to the forest canopy that was shelter and castle, delighted in it. It was significantly important, if intangibly so, that Elrania lived, and continued to believe she was worth the life that had been placed within her physical being.

"I wouldn't call it envy of their lives, frankly. What seems easy to an Elf is often chaos to comprehend for Man or Dwarf." Legolas smiled crookedly. Not trying to be argumentative, was the Prince, but nor would he skirt entirely around voicing his own opinions even as he had made certain he would do nothing to have her shy away not moments ago when she had grabbed for him in that moment of fragility.

"Envy perhaps of the fact that...they do not have to worry about Time passing. We have no need to fear its' end either as such, but still, we measure it and all that occurs throughout the passage of time in a way that the creatures you mention do not, nor see the need to."

"Do you know...part of me wishes to see beyond the Woodland?" he continued after a brief moment more, pensive and honest even as he glanced up at the garden of stars still peeking through the canopy. "Beyond what I see when I climb the trees in the heart of the wood, beyond where I am sent by my father. And yet I fear for what may change during the time that will inevitably pass, should I venture out."

played by Dory

Elrania

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2019, 04:14:02 AM »
“I can’t have you humbling me every time we meet for fear my head may grow too large for my shoulders.” As morose as she was, or always had been, it didn’t cease her ability nor need to make the prince smile. “I am a simple servant of the realm, whether I do it under the shadow of your father or in the shadow of its trees.” And yet, even now, as they stood there, it was obvious that the land could die at any moment, especially with the growing threat of the spiders that had seemed to arrive without warning or due. They were at bay, for now, but how long before that changed? “If we both work in tandem to keep this forest safe, I see no reason that her beauty will ever fade.”

She listened keenly to the prince’s words as she often did – for every word spoken by him was like a song that she didn’t want to cease. The melody in his tone seemed to calm her even in times of great fear or dismay. “I do not suffer envy for it’s a fool's game. Nobody wins in envy. Instead, we should live in contentment with what we have been given by the Valar.” It was hard to admit to envy, she had met people of whom she was envious, and whilst she was sure Legolas was aware of this, she had begun to find peace out in the trees alone. “That doesn’t mean I should be content with whom the Valar have given me to.” She laughed, a small, but meaningful laugh. Had she been born in Rivendell or Lorien, she had no doubt she would have struggled with authority still. It was in her blood, or so, that was what she had grown up to believe. Some were born stubborn, like Thranduil, and others kind-hearted, like Legolas, but each had a purpose in Middle-Earth, and she would seek to find it.

“Then I shall do it… for the both of us.” Her face softened as she stared beyond the trees that she stood by, gazing into the world ahead of them. “I have not the constraints that your Princehood has given you. I shall take short excursions at first, then maybe further. Perhaps I will get to see Rivendell or Lorien… untouched by the foul air that lingers on the outskirts here.” She glanced towards him, a small smile curling in the corner of her lips as she thought about the wonders of the world that she had yet to gaze upon, and still, there was a sadness that speckled her eyes. What good were the wonders of the world if she could not share them with her dearest friend. “But if I do this, I will return with reports, and perhaps…” She began, but her words faded as she reminded herself of the rose-tinted dreams she had. Only if he became king would Legolas be of his own rule to roam and do as he pleased, but Thranduil was stubborn and would not shake in his beliefs. “Never mind. My thoughts be jaded and my dreams stilled. You will find your way beyond the woods; I have no doubt.”
Played by Pip!

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Lothíriel: [link] Eorik as well
    November 12, 2019, 07:52:07 PM
  • Meren: Reply for Faramir (finally after a million years) [link]
    November 12, 2019, 07:33:42 PM
  • Legolas: [link] @Thranduil
    November 09, 2019, 01:38:45 AM
  • Galadriel: i give up i keep hitting the wrong account here xD
    October 29, 2019, 05:52:34 AM