• Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM
  • Dís: Eeeeeh hi again Icewolf!
    July 22, 2019, 11:13:41 PM
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
  • thatguy2: yeah
    May 14, 2019, 04:32:36 AM
  • Nienna: Gonna have to try my hand at a Sawda post for Becca. :)
    May 14, 2019, 04:29:32 AM
  • Galadriel: I love it. It's like a WHO AM I GOING TO BE TODAY game. XD
    May 10, 2019, 01:05:58 AM
  • thatguy2: it did :O
    May 09, 2019, 11:19:24 PM
  • Jo: The chatbox changed...
    May 09, 2019, 07:14:24 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: [Hobbit] Anardil  (Read 1739 times)

Anardil

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Becca
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
Anardil
« on: July 20, 2015, 03:15:00 AM »

ANARDIL

NAME: Anardil
NICKNAMES (IF ANY): Dil
DATE OF BIRTH AND AGE (AS OF T.A. 2941): 27; TA 2914
PLACE OF BIRTH: Minas Tirith
RACE: Man

HAIR COLOUR AND APPEARANCE: A dark brown that is left a bit on the long side and slightly wavy
EYE COLOUR: a blue-green
BODY TYPE AND HEIGHT: 6'2” and rather athletic for a man of leisure
OVERALL APPEARANCE:  A man of impeccable taste, his style tends to be rather wealthy, with his clothes being well-made and of the finest materials possible. He does tend more towards the colors blue and green with his wardrobe. 
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: None
WEAPONS: None
FACE CLAIM: Matthew MacFayden

STRENGTHS:  Strong moral code, protective of those he cares for
WEAKNESSES:  Seemingly arrogant and cold (actually only rather shy and socially awkward), proud
ASPIRATIONS: To marry a woman his equal and whom he loves (and is not out for his money or the fact that he is descended distantly from a King of Gondor)   
FEARS: His mother will force him into a marriage he doesn't want
PERSONALITY:  Anardil is at first glance, a cold, unfeeling man with an immense amount of arrogance and pride. But that is a shell, hiding his rather shy nature and his awkward social skills. At his core, he is kind to those that are under his protection whether it is his friends, family, or the servants that serve his family, but he feels a bit embarrassed letting too much of it show. He is highly protective of those he cares for, but he can sometimes let his protective nature become over done.

He views his mother's matchmaking exuberance with a mixture of annoyance, amusement, and patience, glad that she is focused on him and not his younger sister, though he knows that once he marries it will be his sister's turn, which he finds rather amusing. While, people assume he is an unsmiling, humorless statue, his humor tends more towards the dry and barbs that to those less intelligent do not seem like insults. He is good with managing an estate, since he has considerable land outside of Minas Tirith that was highly in debt during his father's time. Now, he has restored it to its former gloried income, a fact his mother wastes no small amount of energy divulging to anyone who will listen. Luckily, he often escapes by going to the country and riding as much as he can.

He tends to be rather solemn and is an extremely serious man. His father death before he turned 18 and all the responsibilities that come with that have weighed heavily on Anardil and turned an already withdrawn, serious boy into an even more serious and withdrawn gentleman.

HISTORY: His story actually begins nearly 2,000 years previous with another Anardil. A King of Gondor many generations ago, the current Anardil is the product of a few younger sons and a daughter here and there, his father's family managing to retain their noble status and wealth from their distant relationship with a king centuries ago.

His father was a bit of a rake when he was young, and hoping to curtail his ways, Anardil's grandfather arranged for his father to marry his mother: a respectable noblewoman from Belfalas. Their first few years of marriage seemed to be childless and his mother thought she might be barren. Then she found herself pregnant and after nine months, Anardil was born. A serious, intelligent lad, he was thoughtful and painfully shy. So his mother thrust her young son into the spotlight, hoping to cure him of his shyness, which he managed to be able to deal with crowds, mostly by trying to ignore other people the best he could.

Ten years after his birth, his sister Mara was born, a girl who was much shyer than even her brother and immediately, Anardil sheltered her the best he could from their mother's exuberance, and their father's drunken rages, which seemed mostly focused on the servants and not his family. Seven years passed with their father's estate turning into shambles and their mother overspending their not so big fortune, until tragedy struck. Their father had gotten into a drunken fight with a guard and was killed after he attacked the armed guard. This left the young Anardil trying to put the shambles of his family's fortune back together. Which started with selling some off some of the vast land that they had accumulated over the centuries and paying off debts and putting what was left over back into the land, and hiring a steward to take care of it while they were in the city.

And now that he is nearing 30, his mother has been pushing him towards marriage to a rich heiress and trying her skills at matchmaking. He knows that he does need to marry well to help bring his family's fortune back to its former glory, partly to help his sister's prospects, but he also does not want a loveless marriage of convenience. But he is aware that time is running low for him...and his mother is getting restless for grandchildren...

YOUR NAME:  Becca
EXPERIENCE: over 7 years online
OTHER CHARACTERS:  *clears throat* Abaan Samara, Belegil, Celeborn, Cenric, Drogo Baggins, Everard Noakes, Faenloth, Haldir, Hithwion, Laeron, Lin, Marfear, Trenardir
HOW DID YOU FIND US?: I all but live here >.>
ROLE PLAY/WRITING SAMPLE: 
*gestures at any of the above characters for proof of writing ability*

« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 07:09:49 PM by Mandos »

Ulmo

• Administrator
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Cass
  • Tracker: Plotter
Anardil
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 02:06:00 PM »
A most intriguing concept for a character, Becca!  I for one will watch with interest to see whether Anardil gets his wish and marries for love rather than convenience. :)

Fíli | Aesa | Kvasir | Andar | Liv | Ivorak | Haleth | Ástir |Damel
Veizla | Vex | Loire | Muunokhoi | Morvoren | Faramir | Rorion | Ashar

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Gard of Lake-town: Tag for Thatguy [link]
    May 17, 2019, 03:01:04 AM
  • thatguy2: tag for Gard [link]
    May 14, 2019, 05:38:28 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Thread for Eofor/Thatguy [link]
    May 11, 2019, 02:46:13 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Reply for Hades/Altair! [link]
    May 08, 2019, 04:09:02 PM
  • Nienna: Post to Teachers Vent [link] *crosses fingers*
    May 07, 2019, 01:14:34 AM
  • Faramir: Reply for Becca/Éomer! [link]
    May 01, 2019, 11:59:42 PM
  • Faramir: Plots back for Dory! [link]
    April 30, 2019, 10:21:06 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag Cass/Faramir <3 [link]
    April 30, 2019, 01:57:05 PM
  • Éowyn: Thread starter for Eofer/ThatGuy: [link]
    April 30, 2019, 09:00:17 AM
  • Faramir: Faramir plots for Meren/Lothíriel... two years late. Sorry about that! [link]
    April 29, 2019, 09:12:22 PM
  • Tintaldé: Tag for Whit/Elrohir [link]
    April 23, 2019, 04:48:08 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Whit/Thranduil. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:41:52 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Becca/Celeborn. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:19:03 PM
  • Friór: Super short (by my old trend) poke at some of my threads too <3
    April 19, 2019, 03:09:28 AM
  • Faramir: Another reply for Éowyn/Dory, this time in Like Little Fireflies! [link]
    April 18, 2019, 11:08:25 PM
  • Faramir: Reply for Éowyn/Dory! [link]
    April 16, 2019, 02:59:48 PM