* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Dory: And one for Hera/Elladan. :3
    August 03, 2020, 05:53:40 AM
  • Dory: Finally got to Cirdan's plotter, Guiga. <3
    August 03, 2020, 05:31:01 AM
  • Gard: I'm good! ^^ Hope you had fun! <3
    July 31, 2020, 09:58:18 PM
  • Ristiinna: Back from my camping trip. How's everyone?
    July 30, 2020, 09:38:19 PM
  • Nienna: Becca! I’ll work on a Ren post when I get off work! ❤️
    July 24, 2020, 11:39:33 PM
  • Nienna: Hello hello!
    July 24, 2020, 11:39:03 PM
  • Nienna: <3
    July 20, 2020, 02:57:05 AM
  • Guiga: No problem, Hades. I'm still catching up on posts as well.
    July 19, 2020, 05:17:39 AM
  • Nienna: oh my god it's embarrassing how long that took me to get out, Guiga! </3 I am SO SO SO SO SO sorry! But some things happened, and all should be good to go again.
    July 18, 2020, 05:56:29 PM
  • RonnieRoo: Wowie!
    July 15, 2020, 10:03:00 PM
  • Hera: @Ari. Your reply is posted as well. Next is Gard's as Pellavan.
    July 12, 2020, 08:41:33 AM
  • Hera: Wrong account.
    July 12, 2020, 08:40:20 AM
  • Gandalf: @Dory. I hope you find the dogs.
    July 12, 2020, 08:39:54 AM
  • Ari: (Marbys & Gard) Got my post out! *shoots confetti cannon* I do believe Gard is next. :)
    July 12, 2020, 07:58:12 AM
  • Ari: (Dory) Aw, I do hope your puppers are okay ;_;
    July 12, 2020, 02:16:14 AM
  • Ari: I've been distracted binge-watching Bob's Burgers, ngl  X'D  My post for Ann & Naur -Marbys & Gard- is a'comin!
    July 12, 2020, 02:14:24 AM
  • Dory: I'm going to try and start writing on my day off next week tho.
    July 11, 2020, 11:28:12 AM
  • Dory: You'll have to forgive me too. There has been...a lot going on. Starting with our dogs at the farm going missing. :/
    July 11, 2020, 11:27:47 AM
  • Gandalf: Sorry. We’ve been many days without internet at home. Next post will be for Shadowfax. Pellavan’s will be next, Gard.
    July 10, 2020, 10:19:07 PM
  • Bilbo Baggins: Caught up on a missed post Hera, your reply from Bilbo is next promise <3
    June 27, 2020, 08:01:13 PM

* Directories

RPG-D RPG Initiative

* Awards

Author Topic: [Hobbit + LotR] Reaching for the Distant Stars  (Read 3624 times)

Tinuvagor

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Whitney
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
Reaching for the Distant Stars
« on: June 16, 2015, 02:57:00 AM »
Tinuvagor is a very old Noldor elf who followed Maedhros in the First Age.   He spent the later half of the Second Age in the service of Gil-Galad, but his main goal has been to seek redemption for his part in the three kinslayings.  If anyone were to come to him for aid, he would most likely not refuse a task for the good of the elves. 

Friends:  He's generally very friendly and easy-going, more so if offered a good bottle of wine.  However, he doesn't have many long standing friends and he almost always travels alone. 

Enemies:  The list is short and boils down to, mainly, servants of the enemy.  Though he is well aware that there are those who do not feel particularly friendly towards him.  But for his part, he considers no one an enemy, regardless of how they might feel about him.

Lovers:   There are just some people not worthy of love.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:43:31 PM by Ulmo »

Played by Whitney

Qi-Li Bai

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Hades
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 09:42:00 PM »
WELL WHITNEY, IT SEEMS OUR PATHS SHALL CROSS AGAIN... caps intended.

Bai & Tin
    I don't know if Tinuvagor travels, but it would be interesting to get some plots up for these two. (: Unless he doesn't like the race of man, and more importantly someone obviously from the East...[/li]

Niven & Tin
    Niven is a warden of Lothlorien. :3 So maybe they know each other? Tin is obviously much older than Niven, so the dynamic could be interesting to play out, yes?
totally just trying to get Niven more involved[/li][/list]
#7E4A3F

played by: Hades

Tinuvagor

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 10:45:00 PM »
Bai & Tinuvagor   He does travel a decent amount and he does visit the South semi-regularly.  He has nothing against Men as a whole, though he's not particularly fond of Easterlings.  But he's also old enough to know that individuals are not responsible for the betrayals of their ancestors.   Still, he'd be wary at first, which could be interesting.

Niven & Tinuvagor I think we could pull something together with these two!  If Niven doesn't mind (or know of) Tinuvagor's past misdeeds, I think they would get along.  Also, Tinuvagor has made it his mission to always offer help if anyone should need it, so feel free to take advantage of him.  He won't say no to any reasonable request.

Played by Whitney

Varda

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
So I have a few characters that would have a reason to interact with Tinuvagor.

Celeborn & Tinuvagor: He is least likely to be pleased but mostly because of what the Feanorians have done to him and the Sindar. But he'd likely see his attempts to redeem himself and not be as...hostile. He'd mostly just be kinda grumpy/complain to his wife >.>

Faermar & Tinuvagor: Faermar was born in Gondolin but pledged himself to Gil-galad and served him as a warrior and one of his bodyguards so I'm sure they would have interactions?

Laeron & Tinuvagor: He mostly sings songs about various things but he remembers Gil-galad and would be more than willing to compose a song for Tinuvagor.

Trenardir & Tinuvagor: Tre was probably closest to Gil-galad of all my characters as his errand boy (a position he holds for Elrond now). So if Tinuvagor would likely know Tre as a rather wild and annoying Elf.

Let me know if any of these catch your interest :)

Tinuvagor

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 11:51:00 PM »
I think out of those four, the most potential lies with...

Celeborn & Tinuvagor:  The potential for drama between these two is delightfully high, as Tinuvagor has some opinions of his own about a certain group of Sindar who hid while the Noldor fought their battles.  Of course, he'd keep all that to himself unless greatly provoked.  In any case, there's already a plot in the works with Galadriel in which we plan to establish exactly how welcome Tinuvagor would be in Lothlorien.  Should we see about having Celeborn join in as well?   Or they could have a more private chat all their own.

Trenardir & Tinuvagor:  They could have met either when Tinuvagor was serving in the army, or later in Rivendell.  He's spent enough time there to make a few friends, and he might appreciate someone a bit wild.   Or, more so, it would probably be good for him to know someone who could keep him from thinking too much about very serious things!  

Thoughts?

Played by Whitney

Varda

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 12:17:00 AM »
Celeborn & Tinuvagor: I don't know, having him having to deal with Tinuvagor without Galadriel's help or discussing it with her sounds rather fun :D

Trenardir & Tinuvagor: I'd be fine with either time period. He's very good at keeping people from thinking glum thoughts and will do so with considerable sassy and snark and all that fun stuff :D

Tinuvagor

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 03:52:00 AM »
Celeborn & Tinuvagor:  This does sound incredibly fun.   Should we structure this along the same timeline as his first talk with Galadriel?   Perhaps just after she has granted him leave to stay in Lorien for a little while?  This seems like an encounter that would happen sooner rather than later.

Trenardir & Tinuvagor:   I'd lean more towards third age on this.  I think Tinuvagor would be a bit more receptive to cheering up at that point in his life. :D  He was still a little bit of a downer in the second age.

Played by Whitney

Varda

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 04:10:00 AM »
Celeborn & Tinuvagor: Set a little after him meeting with Galadriel and her letting him stay sounds good to me.

Trenardir & Tinuvagor: He'd be more than willing to cheer him up whenever necessary!

Who starts what? (I may not get to replies until after June 28th)

Qi-Li Bai

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 04:45:00 AM »
I walk away to watch Sister Act, and your plotter explodes! :3 So excited to stalk those threads!

Bai & Tin
    Lol! I think he may find that Bai is a very different Easterling. Is there any particular place you think they should meet? Bai travels as well, so it wouldn't be hard for him to be in the forest, or camped out along a river. As for solid plots, I have no ideas as to what the thread could be about. Do you have anything that you would like? Super excited to get Bai some plots! ^^[/li]

Niven & Tin
    Niven doesn't really leave Lothlorien.
except that one time. I don't think he would mind. If the Elf is trying to get back on the right path, I think he would say something along the lines of forgiveness. Though I cannot truly judge what he would say until they have actually met. XD Niven isn't the sort, I think, to take advantage of kindness unless he really knows the person, there are no worries there.[/li][/list]

Ah, someone else Tin may take an interest in:

Denor
    The talking Owl that travels about away from Ginger. He's not as forgiving as Niven, so if he "found out" about Tin's past, he might find it amusing more than anything else. I need to get this bird back into play.[/li]

& lastly:

Ginger
    She's lost her memory, and well, there is really no telling how old she really is. XD Though, she doesn't like 'Her Kind', so a meeting between them would be interesting with or without Denor. Since I don't think Tin is anything like the other Elves she's met, she might take kindly to him, where as she tolerates Celeborn
Sorry Becca. XD that's just the way she is.[/li][/list]
#7E4A3F

Tinuvagor

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 12:12:00 AM »
Been trying to get in here and reply all day!   Work is cruel.

Becca, I can probably start something up, though it will probably be a day or two until work calms down.  :)

Hades,
Bai & Tinuvagor:  How far does Bai usually travel?  Tinuvagor has gone south before, usually down along the Anduin if that would work?  Basically, Tinuvagor can be wherever he needs to be.  Though he might be reluctant to approach an Easterling, so perhaps it might work better for Bai to find him before he gets a change to slip away.  I'm not sure about solid plots, but we could start with the meeting and see where that goes!  

Niven & Tin  I like the idea of these two meeting up, but I think this might be something to tackle after I've had a chance to establish Tinuvagor's standing in Lothlorien.

Denor & Tin:  I have no idea how Tinuvagor would even comprehend someone being amused by his past.  :D  Perhaps stare dumbly in confusion.  But...

Ginger & Tin:  Tinuvagor doesn't consider himself all that different, though to be fair, he's spent a lot of years thinking of himself as a bit lesser than most of his fellow elves.  And he tries very hard not to be judgmental.   I'm not sure I have any immediate ideas for Ginger or Denor, but I'm open if you have any!

Played by Whitney

Qi-Li Bai

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 04:29:00 AM »
xD I just... kinda didn't want to write out his name... I hope the name Tin is alright.

Bai & Tin
    If that is preferable, then by all means! ^^ but wouldn't that mean that you have to start it for it to make sense. (:[/li]

Niven & Tin
    Yes! By all the means! <3 I will wait for you to establish him.[/li]

Denor & Tin
    Well, Denor is a strange little bird. XD He finds amusement in the oddest things, to tell the truth. But I don't think that Tin would have to tell him unless Denor - and his conniving ways - gets it out of him. XD[/li]

Ginger & Tin
    Ginger is a Trader, and travels just about anywhere including Bree. So, it is possible that they could meet on the road between Lorien and Bree, perhaps? In the Mist Mountains maybe? Denor and Ginger are usually a packaged deal.[/li]
#7E4A3F

Glorfindel

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 10:32:00 PM »

Glorfindel & Tinuvagor
    There's a lot of... history here to draw upon for these two. Starting all the way back to the First Kinslaying, since Glorfindel was with those left behind to cross the Helcaraxë when Tinu and his lot burned the ships they'd stolen (incidentally that's how Glorfy's mother died). He'd be aware of Tinu's role in the Second Kinslaying as well. But they would have served together under Gil-galad toward the end of the Second Age – so that could lead to quite a dynamic and complicated relationship between them. It's entirely possible that Tinu might have even been under Glorfy's direct command. I'm open to that possibility to give them more history, if you like that idea and/or it doesn't conflict with anything. Regardless, I think there'd be some lingering animosity and mistrust, but that Glorfindel would at least
try to forgive the past. What d'you think? I'm sure there's a lot we can do...[/li][/list]

Tinuvagor

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 02:40:00 AM »
Tinuvagor & Glorfindel

There's a lot of ground to potentially cover between these two, and I am intrigued at the idea of them actually serving together under Gil-Galad.  I imagine Glorfindel would have had to fetch him out of the wine cellars more than once.  Aside from the fondness for wine, he was a very capable solder (he had a command of his own when he served Maedhros), but for a time he was very much unmotivated, or rather unsure of how to proceed.  I think it could be an interesting relationship to explore.

Played by Whitney

Glorfindel

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 10:24:00 PM »

RE: Glorfindel & Tinuvagor
    Hah, the wine cellars eh? I doubt Glorfy would be terribly amused having to do that (though
I am). xD Though he'd be willing to forgive it in the face of dutiful service and capable fighting otherwise. It's entirely likely after the third+ time of having to fetch him, that Glorfindel would actually try to talk to Tinu about it – sort of sit him down and have a "what's going on with you" chat. Which could be quite entertaining to do... What d'you reckon?[/li][/list]

Tinuvagor

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 10:10:00 PM »
Tinuvagor & Glorfinde

I swear, eventually I'm going to have to give Tinuvagor happier things to do. :)  But in the meantime, I could absolutely go for a "what's going on with you" chat.   I imagine Tinuvagor would be generally dutiful and reliable, though some days are harder than others.  If you're up for it, would you mind tackling the starter?  I've already got a few on my plate that I've been neglecting.  Of course, I'd be more than willing to start if you'd prefer. :)

Played by Whitney

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Ristiinna: Checking in on Arthfael with Ristiinná...
    August 03, 2020, 04:31:47 PM
  • Dory: Plotter tag for Elladan/Hera! <3
    August 03, 2020, 05:53:20 AM
  • Galadriel: Plotter tag for Cirdan/Guiga! <3
    August 03, 2020, 05:30:20 AM
  • Gard: For Guiga [link]
    July 24, 2020, 06:54:05 PM
  • Gard: For Ari! [link]
    July 22, 2020, 02:52:00 PM
  • Nienna: for Gard! [link] let me know if anything needs edits...
    July 20, 2020, 04:15:22 AM
  • Nienna: Far too long, but I should have more free time now: [link]
    July 18, 2020, 05:55:42 PM
  • Nauroval: Reply for Shadowfax and Annúngilel [link]
    July 17, 2020, 07:37:07 PM
  • Nienna: for Thranduil [link]
    July 17, 2020, 01:14:38 AM
  • Gandalf: Reply for Shadowfax [link]
    July 12, 2020, 08:21:28 AM
  • Ari: Reply for Gard and Marbys! [link]
    July 12, 2020, 07:56:59 AM
  • Annúngilel: Reply for Nauroval and Shadowfax [link]