• Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Gard: *snugs Hades* <3
    September 08, 2020, 01:53:19 PM
  • Nienna: lord have mercy on my stressed soul...
    September 04, 2020, 01:34:16 PM
  • Dory: And one for Hera/Elladan. :3
    August 03, 2020, 05:53:40 AM
  • Dory: Finally got to Cirdan's plotter, Guiga. <3
    August 03, 2020, 05:31:01 AM
  • Gard: I'm good! ^^ Hope you had fun! <3
    July 31, 2020, 09:58:18 PM
  • Ristiinna: Back from my camping trip. How's everyone?
    July 30, 2020, 09:38:19 PM
  • Nienna: Becca! I’ll work on a Ren post when I get off work! ❤️
    July 24, 2020, 11:39:33 PM
  • Nienna: Hello hello!
    July 24, 2020, 11:39:03 PM
  • Nienna: <3
    July 20, 2020, 02:57:05 AM
  • Guiga: No problem, Hades. I'm still catching up on posts as well.
    July 19, 2020, 05:17:39 AM
  • Nienna: oh my god it's embarrassing how long that took me to get out, Guiga! </3 I am SO SO SO SO SO sorry! But some things happened, and all should be good to go again.
    July 18, 2020, 05:56:29 PM
  • RonnieRoo: Wowie!
    July 15, 2020, 10:03:00 PM
  • Hera: @Ari. Your reply is posted as well. Next is Gard's as Pellavan.
    July 12, 2020, 08:41:33 AM
  • Hera: Wrong account.
    July 12, 2020, 08:40:20 AM
  • Gandalf: @Dory. I hope you find the dogs.
    July 12, 2020, 08:39:54 AM
  • Ari: (Marbys & Gard) Got my post out! *shoots confetti cannon* I do believe Gard is next. :)
    July 12, 2020, 07:58:12 AM
  • Ari: (Dory) Aw, I do hope your puppers are okay ;_;
    July 12, 2020, 02:16:14 AM
  • Ari: I've been distracted binge-watching Bob's Burgers, ngl  X'D  My post for Ann & Naur -Marbys & Gard- is a'comin!
    July 12, 2020, 02:14:24 AM
  • Dory: I'm going to try and start writing on my day off next week tho.
    July 11, 2020, 11:28:12 AM
  • Dory: You'll have to forgive me too. There has been...a lot going on. Starting with our dogs at the farm going missing. :/
    July 11, 2020, 11:27:47 AM

* Directories

RPG-D RPG Initiative

* Awards

Author Topic: [Hobbit + LotR] The Burden of Memories  (Read 2650 times)

Gwaehadron

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Whitney
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
The Burden of Memories
« on: February 23, 2015, 05:31:00 AM »
Gwaehadron is, in the most simple terms, a grumpy old man.  But a polite grumpy old man.   He's around 6500 years old, so he really doesn't have much patience for things he considers to be unimportant.   In the past he did his fair share of wandering, but he's more settled now than not.  He's been living in Rivendell for the better part of the Third Age, though he has been known to slip away on a whim every now and again.

Gwaehadron has few friends, but is on friendly terms with most people he has met, at least in the most recent age.  Many of his friends are fellow elves, including his older brother Thalangol.  He also has a few friends among Men, but he is known to be very particular in what Men he chooses to call friends.   

As for enemies, other than those who serve The Enemy, Gwaehadron doesn’t often use the word lightly.  At least, not anymore.  There are plenty of people he would gladly admit to not liking, though.  Specifically those who tend to complain about trivialities or those who demand time of him if he’s not in the mood to give it.   

So now I've made him sound far more unpleasant than he actually is.  Really, he's not that bad...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:42:57 PM by Ulmo »
played by Whitney

Elrohir

The Burden of Memories
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 11:11:00 PM »
I sense a lot of bitterness and jealousy in Gwaehadrons past. I would like very much an interaction between him and Elrohir but at present I cant quite put my finger on how or why this would come about. I'm not one for meetings for meetings sake. (Maybe this is a shortcoming of mine) If we could just come up with a meeting of some purpose... hmm. Given time I will come up with something I'm sure. Have you any ideas?

Aeargond

The Burden of Memories
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 07:10:00 AM »
Aeargond & Gwae:
I hope you don't mind I shortened the name xD
Anyway, Aeargond is an elf and although he travels a lot, he would likely happen upon Rivendell so there's a chance he could encounter Gwae. Aeargond's a third of his age, I think. He's moody too, having lost his mother during the Last Alliance of Elves and Men whilst also seeing his family deteriorate. It has caused him to be the way he is now. However, Aeargond's more well mannered around his fellow elves so maybe they could find some common ground somewhere? Figured Aeargond could use the counsel of someone older than he. Since he's essentially wandering Middle Earth challenging things that, one day, might be more than he can take and could kill him if he stays on this path. Just figured maybe he could be you know...convinced off that reckless path lol.

Cerys & Gwae:
Cerys is my Lothlorien Informant elf. She travels a lot to gather information. So, she'd happen a lot in Rivendell from time to time during her travels. I'd assume that she would converse maybe with someone older than she. Cerys loves to travel so she is likely to be interested to hear of tales of another's travels. She has a story, too. She had also been in the Last Alliance of Elves and Men, there, her father had been killed in battle by her own best friend and she was injured permanently on the back by her former best friend. Where her former best friend still lives, Cerys can never forgive her for what she had done. Now, Cerys lives with her mother in Lothlorien, them having been originally from Eregion. So, there's some possibilities.

Riniel & Gwae:
I know that you mentioned that Gwae tends to remain in Rivendell, disliking travel except on rare occasions but if he should ever happen upon Mirkwood, I think Riniel could learn a lot from him. She's scared of the outside world. What this means is she's afraid of everything outside of Mirkwood's protected realm. Even strange elves make her uneasy. It would be nice to see Riniel learn some more about the world outside cuz where she's scared of it, she's also tempted by it but her fear is what prevents her from venturing out. It would be great for someone to be assuring that it's not as bad as she might think which could maybe lead to a pivotal moment in potentially motivating her to leave the wood.

As for my other characters, I don't think they'd work out but you're free to check them out if you wish.

My others: Elwine, Oin and Regin

Gwaehadron

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
The Burden of Memories
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 08:32:00 PM »
Yes, please do shorten the name.  I do it all the time. xD

Aeargond and Gwaehadron
I see some definite potential for these two.   Gwaehadron was on a similar path when he was much younger after losing his mother and having a falling out with his older brother.  If Aeargond finds reason to be in or near Rivendell, I think the could easily cross paths.

Cerys and Gwaehadron
Gwae has been to Lothlorien before, though not recently.  He also lived for a time in Eregion near the end of his angry, bitter phase, and was also present at the Last Alliance.  If we don't find reason for these two to cross paths in the present timeline, there's certainly some potential for a past meeting there.

Riniel and Gwaehadron
Gwae has been to Mirkwood too, but again, it wasn't a terribly recent visit.  He worked through his wanderlust quite a while ago.   I'm not quite sure how we'd get these two together at the moment, but maybe something will come up that can get Gwae out and about again.  I've been pondering the idea of sending the old man off on his travels again.
played by Whitney

Aeargond

The Burden of Memories
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 03:59:00 AM »
Aeargond & Gwae:
I'm sure Aeargond would stop by Rivendell to rest from a long trip. So, I am sure they could cross paths as you mentioned and have a chat xD

Cerys & Gwae:
Hm, you're right. We could totally like...do both! xD It'd be interesting to roleplay out the past. It'd make my History for Cerys more meaningful.

Riniel & Gwae:
Hm, you're right. Still, should an opportunity arises we shall!

Gwaehadron

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
The Burden of Memories
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 07:48:00 AM »
Well, if you're up for it, should we start something up with Aeargond and Gwae?  

It also occurred to me that, being from Lindon, it's possible that Aeargond is familiar with Gwaehadron's father.  He's not a professional soldier, but he did participate in the Last Alliance.  Otherwise he lurked about the havens playing his harp.  Of course, it's up to you if you think Aeargond would have known who he was.  I figured I'd put it out there since Gwae is likely to mention him at some point.
played by Whitney

Aeargond

The Burden of Memories
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 03:17:00 AM »
Aeargond and Gwae:
I would love to start something with them. Do you have any time and season preferences?

Also, if you don't mind it, then heck...I could have Aeargond have known Gwae's father xD

Gwaehadron

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
The Burden of Memories
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 04:40:00 AM »
Aeargond and Gwae

Gwae's basically a blank slate as far as timelines go right now, so I can work around what you've already done with Aeargond.   Who goes first?
played by Whitney

Aeargond

The Burden of Memories
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 05:07:00 AM »
Aeargond & Gwae:
I've no qualms about who goes first or what date or season. I've...honestly not been following or tracking what dates I've used. >.>; I've come from a forum where you don't have to date your threads so I blame it on that. xD So any year or time is fine with me. I can start it if you'd like?

Glorfindel

The Burden of Memories
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 07:30:00 PM »

Glorfindel & Gwaehadron
    These two would definitely know one another. Glorfy's been living in Rivendell since it was founded, so they've been in close proximity for several thousand years. I'm not entirely sure what they'd make of one another though. Gwae seems fairly down to earth (correct me if that impression is inaccurate), whereas Glorfy is... kinda spacey actually. He spends half his time wandering in his mind back to the Halls of Mandos and tends to get lost in deep reveries a lot. That could be almost comical, playing the two of them off one another... but we could just as easily take it that maybe they don't entirely get on. Heck, but if you have other ideas throw 'em at me! I'm down for unlikely friends too, or whatever thoughts you've got for them.[/li]

Beregond

• Shelved
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Dory
Re: The Burden of Memories
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 05:52:05 PM »
tintalde && gwaehadron

Honestly, I feel like these two are just each other at different ages and there's nothing deeper to be had than a chance to keep each other company when they're both in Rivendell. Because you know they'll have a good old bitch session about everyone else's pettiness, grudgery, skulduggery and mostly their trivialities.

faenuriel && gwaehadron

So I am absolutely failing at life and having a massive brain fart, probably because it's 2AM, but I'd definitely love to do some more with these two. Flesh out history and stuff, where they might be at now etc. The part where I'm failing is asking whether or not you'd mind leading the way with this, though mostly because he's been around longer and I just made her. I can probably already see them being an opposites attract type of thing though, except only somewhat. Because they're both old, have seen a lot of shit, but he's chosen to be grumpy while she's more laid back (but boy am I gunning for some people who might recognise she's got some spectacular PTSD).

Obviously, I also have Galadriel and Legolas. The latter at least probably finds Gwae scary af.

'die in the past or live for the present, you can't have both; that was never a question'

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Galadriel: thread starter for Celeborn/Becca <3
    August 19, 2020, 11:22:12 AM
  • Ristiinna: Checking in on Arthfael with Ristiinná...
    August 03, 2020, 04:31:47 PM
  • Dory: Plotter tag for Elladan/Hera! <3
    August 03, 2020, 05:53:20 AM
  • Galadriel: Plotter tag for Cirdan/Guiga! <3
    August 03, 2020, 05:30:20 AM
  • Gard: For Guiga [link]
    July 24, 2020, 06:54:05 PM
  • Gard: For Ari! [link]
    July 22, 2020, 02:52:00 PM
  • Nienna: for Gard! [link] let me know if anything needs edits...
    July 20, 2020, 04:15:22 AM
  • Nienna: Far too long, but I should have more free time now: [link]
    July 18, 2020, 05:55:42 PM
  • Nauroval: Reply for Shadowfax and Annúngilel [link]
    July 17, 2020, 07:37:07 PM
  • Nienna: for Thranduil [link]
    July 17, 2020, 01:14:38 AM
  • Gandalf: Reply for Shadowfax [link]
    July 12, 2020, 08:21:28 AM
  • Ari: Reply for Gard and Marbys! [link]
    July 12, 2020, 07:56:59 AM
  • Annúngilel: Reply for Nauroval and Shadowfax [link]