collapse

* Recent Posts

Re: Need a Mod? by Icewolf
[July 21, 2019, 11:56:25 PM]

Re: fresh wounds and bitter tears | Houses of Healing, After the Battle of Pelennor by Eorik
[July 19, 2019, 10:57:33 AM]

Re: Luck Turned Around? by Alanna
[July 08, 2019, 07:41:11 PM]

Re: True Colors Beyond Shields by Eofor
[July 02, 2019, 12:15:14 AM]

Re: An Odd Understanding by Nauroval
[June 29, 2019, 10:56:17 PM]

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
  • thatguy2: yeah
    May 14, 2019, 04:32:36 AM
  • Nienna: Gonna have to try my hand at a Sawda post for Becca. :)
    May 14, 2019, 04:29:32 AM
  • Galadriel: I love it. It's like a WHO AM I GOING TO BE TODAY game. XD
    May 10, 2019, 01:05:58 AM
  • thatguy2: it did :O
    May 09, 2019, 11:19:24 PM
  • Jo: The chatbox changed...
    May 09, 2019, 07:14:24 PM
  • Nienna: omg, same. XD I hate seeing my coding broken. But, sometimes *shrug*
    May 07, 2019, 03:33:17 AM
  • Sefaedra: (And now screaming bc I just noticed some of my coding is broken but I can't fix it until after work now.)
    May 07, 2019, 03:24:59 AM
  • Sefaedra: Looking through my archived plotter from when I wasn't sure I'd be able to come back when you sent that. Seeing what I had and stuff so I can get on to people about it.
    May 07, 2019, 03:23:10 AM
  • Sefaedra: Yooo. N'much, getting ready for work. xD
    May 07, 2019, 03:21:10 AM
  • Nienna: Sup, Dory!
    May 07, 2019, 01:05:22 AM
  • Nienna: I hate writing outside, but I love it so much... stupid mosquitoes.
    May 07, 2019, 12:48:04 AM
  • Nienna: Boo.
    May 06, 2019, 11:53:50 PM
  • Galadriel: AAAH bad phone. XD
    May 04, 2019, 01:58:20 PM
  • Galadriel: AAAH MISSY! <3 <3
    May 04, 2019, 01:58:02 PM
  • Galadriel: AAAH MISSY! <3 <3
    May 04, 2019, 01:57:44 PM
  • Missy: Hi all
    May 04, 2019, 10:42:48 AM
  • Gard: *covers hammock with a blanket*
    April 30, 2019, 09:15:38 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: [Hobbit] Belegil  (Read 1822 times)

Belegil

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Becca
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
Belegil
« on: February 01, 2015, 05:58:00 PM »

BELEGIL

NAME: Belegil
NICKNAMES (IF ANY): Bele or Gil
DATE OF BIRTH AND AGE (AS OF T.A. 2941): TA 2911; 30
PLACE OF BIRTH:  Minas Tirith, Gondor
RACE:  Man

HAIR COLOUR AND APPEARANCE: Belegil's hair is black and fairly short which he keeps slicked back for the most part. It does curl/get wavy fairly easily especially when it gets longer.
EYE COLOUR: A warm dark brown
BODY TYPE AND HEIGHT: 5'9” and muscular, though extremely lean and lithe
OVERALL APPEARANCE:  His clothing choices depend greatly on the situation. During his current normal life as a nobleman, he tends to wear finely made clothes, often a tad gaudy and generally rather brightly colored. But he prefers to wear simpler clothing of usually darker colors. When he is “redistributing the wealthy's wealth” he wears all black and a mask.
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: He has quite a few scars that come from his swordplay and general rough life on the streets.
WEAPONS: He has a rather simple rapier that he uses quite effectively. He also is fairly decent with a whip.
FACE CLAIM:  Antonio Banderas

STRENGTHS: Charming, Swordfighting, Quick and Agile
WEAKNESSES: Arrogant, Women, Rash
ASPIRATIONS: To see the poor of Gondor (and Minas Tirith in particular) have their lives improved   
FEARS: People finding out about his past (and what he does in the darkest night)
PERSONALITY:  Belegil is a cunning, resourceful man full of charm and confidence. Of course, this charm often leads him to flirt with the wrong woman, or to leave a woman heartbroken from broken promises. And his confidence often turns to arrogance as he views his skills as something Valar-sent and he is the greatest swordsman alive. He often boasts of his skills but whether he truly believes them or not...it is hard to tell.

He can be polite but is often rash and lets his tongue and anger get the better of him. He has his secrets: namely that he still steals things but rather than keeping them for himself, he leaves them for the same poor that he grew up among. He is a bit of a liar, explaining that he was saved from the attack that killed his parents and grew up in the wilds, something that is only partly true, and he leaves out what he did in the wilds. It is often said that Belegil is like a tiger: wild, graceful, and highly dangerous. And that the other nobles in Minas Tirith view him with a mix of suspicion, curiosity, and fear.

He does have a soft spot for the poor and children, especially orphans, since he knows what it is like to be poor and orphaned. And if the right woman came along, he would actually be faithful once he settled down. He can be gentle and tends to be rather passionate.

HISTORY: Belegil was born to a minor Gondorian noble and his wife. He was an only child yet his childhood with his parents was brief. His uncle desired his father's wealth, and his mother, and in the middle of the night a few months after Belegil's birth, paid a few assassins to kill him and his father and capture his mother. Yet a trusted servant grabbed baby Belegil, and escaped in the chaos. Both his parents ended up passing and his uncle declared him dead and took his rightful title as his own.

The servant, Sadron, took Belegil into the slums and raised the boy as his own, not telling him his true heritage for the time being. Belegil took to the streets often, stealing and doing what he could to survive, often with his “father” catching him but strangely not punishing him for stealing but rather getting caught. He eventually decided to start to teach young Belegil how to fight, though he used the boy's obvious agility and quickness to focus more on quicker attacks, often using surprise to his advantage. Yet, he never explained why he was doing so beyond it was necessary.

Belegil was 18 when his history was explained to him, that he was actually a nobleman and that the man that raised him was actually a servant that had saved him from his uncle and kept him hidden and safe. And that in time, he would be able to take out his uncle and take his inheritance back. But, as any rash young man would, he decided that he would go and challenge his uncle then and there. So he snuck out of the house he shared with the servant and crept into his uncle's house and went searching for his uncle, deciding to wake him up so he could see his face rather than ending it quickly. Of course, that was a mistake and something hard hit him in the back of the head and when he woke up, he was in a jail of some sort.

Belegil wasn't sure how long he was in that cell but a guard one day opened the door to his cell and told him to run, and leave Minas Tirith, explaining briefly that Sadron had sent him and was waiting for him outside the city. He didn't question where the gift came from and hurried out the way the guard told him, finding it dark out and the servant waiting for him as he was told. But he would be living on his own since it was far too dangerous otherwise, so he parted ways with the man that had raised him, unaware that it would be the last time he would see him.

He took to wandering, staying in the wilds and actually turning to banditry to survive, and thrive. He also took on quite a few assassination jobs, creating as did so a network of contacts in the seedy underworld of Gondor. But soon, he felt he was finally ready to confront his uncle and take back what was his. So a year ago, he went back to Minas Tirith and this time forced his uncle to give up his claim on his title and wealth before Belegil told him to leave Gondor and never show his face there again. Yet he also found that Sadron had died in his 20 years of wandering, rather suspiciously. But people are suspicious about this newly returned from the ashes nobleman and are likely to start digging into his past.

YOUR NAME:  Becca
EXPERIENCE: 6+ years online
OTHER CHARACTERS: Abaan Samara, Celeborn, Cenric, Faenloth, Haldir, Hithwion, Laeron, Lin, Trenardir (I think that's them all...)
HOW DID YOU FIND US?: I practically live here anymore >.>
ROLE PLAY/WRITING SAMPLE: 
*gestures grandly to any of the above characters*

« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 07:12:49 PM by Mandos »
Lovely Avatar by Cass <3

Ulmo

• Administrator
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Cass
  • Tracker: Plotter
Belegil
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 10:08:00 AM »
Sorry for the delay on this, Becca!  Belegil has quite the history - I can't wait to see what adventures he has and whether his past ever catches up with him. ~

Fíli | Aesa | Kvasir | Andar | Liv | Ivorak | Haleth | Ástir |Damel
Veizla | Vex | Loire | Muunokhoi | Morvoren | Faramir | Rorion | Ashar

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Gard of Lake-town: Tag for Thatguy [link]
    May 17, 2019, 03:01:04 AM
  • thatguy2: tag for Gard [link]
    May 14, 2019, 05:38:28 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Thread for Eofor/Thatguy [link]
    May 11, 2019, 02:46:13 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Reply for Hades/Altair! [link]
    May 08, 2019, 04:09:02 PM
  • Nienna: Post to Teachers Vent [link] *crosses fingers*
    May 07, 2019, 01:14:34 AM
  • Faramir: Reply for Becca/Éomer! [link]
    May 01, 2019, 11:59:42 PM
  • Faramir: Plots back for Dory! [link]
    April 30, 2019, 10:21:06 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag Cass/Faramir <3 [link]
    April 30, 2019, 01:57:05 PM
  • Éowyn: Thread starter for Eofer/ThatGuy: [link]
    April 30, 2019, 09:00:17 AM
  • Faramir: Faramir plots for Meren/Lothíriel... two years late. Sorry about that! [link]
    April 29, 2019, 09:12:22 PM
  • Tintaldé: Tag for Whit/Elrohir [link]
    April 23, 2019, 04:48:08 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Whit/Thranduil. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:41:52 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Becca/Celeborn. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:19:03 PM
  • Friór: Super short (by my old trend) poke at some of my threads too <3
    April 19, 2019, 03:09:28 AM
  • Faramir: Another reply for Éowyn/Dory, this time in Like Little Fireflies! [link]
    April 18, 2019, 11:08:25 PM
  • Faramir: Reply for Éowyn/Dory! [link]
    April 16, 2019, 02:59:48 PM