• Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM
  • Dís: Eeeeeh hi again Icewolf!
    July 22, 2019, 11:13:41 PM
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
  • thatguy2: yeah
    May 14, 2019, 04:32:36 AM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: [Hobbit + LotR] Blunted Swords and Arrows  (Read 2538 times)

Gard of Lake-town

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Gard
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
Blunted Swords and Arrows
« on: March 20, 2013, 02:20:00 AM »

Gard's App

As pulled from my personality section, A good hearted and well meaning lad, there are still many in Lake Town convinced otherwise and that he is a trouble maker hiding behind his mother's brother, Bard's, fame due to the fact that the boy is just plain chaos. He loves tales of adventures and adventuring himself and seems a contradiction in that he loves his town but has wander-lust to see more so very bad. He's thought at times of going and seeing if Smaug truly lives...but then common sense stops him from such a suicidal mission. That and distance; he's lucky the times he gets to Mirkwood un-missed!

And we are up for anything! Later Dwarf Rp, forest elves or really anyone who works.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 03:47:15 AM by Gard of Lake-town »

wonderful sig made by Alagon

(teal)

Elrohir

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »
Elrohir and his twin brother Elladan (played by Simba) hail from Rivendell but they are often out in the wilds or on the road so I can see them crossing paths with this adventurous lad.  I know Elrohir will find Gard something of a curiosity!  Anyway, the Elves could be heading to Laketown to buy supplies, that way they can meet Gard either in the town itself or somewhere in the surrounding area.  Whatever you fancy, really. :)

Gard of Lake-town

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
That does sound like a workable idea, thanks. Yeah and if they are elves in the middle of Lake Town, Gard's going to be drawn to and possibly tag around after them anyway, discretely of course :) 

Hmm, either wandering or in town works, but I will probably just start up something in town.

(teal)

Elrohir

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »
Sounds excellent!  If you're happy enough to get the thread started go right ahead and Simba and I will jump on in and we'll see where we end up. ^^  In time I would love to have a thread between Fíli and Gard, perhaps with some of the other Dwarves too.  We'll have to see if we can get a group organised. ~

Gard of Lake-town

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 09:12:00 PM »
Ok, I put the Lake Town thread up, here

http://z13.invisionfree.com/The_Hobbit_Rol...p?showtopic=368

And yes, with his amiable personality, Fili and Gard would be fun. Or just having him stare at Thorin or something! But yes, problem with 13 dwarves, getting 13 dwarves organized. If there are all 13 here...

(teal)

Farawen

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 05:03:00 AM »
Silapenniel and Gard
Sila is my travelling elf from Lorien. She's a teacher so if she ever dropped by Laketown (btw, I have a feeling she'd really love it there so she would visit often), she might talk to Gard. She's best at talking to kids usually, they understand her love of all things new more than adults. Sila's big with travel, sometimes even adventures. I think maybe we had them ICC once? Well, either way, I think he might make an interesting young friend for her. He better never mention that dragon idea though, he could kill my elf from shock and worry! xD

Farawen and Gard
We definitely ICC'd these two. It was like a year ago, I think? Well, they'd definitely get along. I'm sure Farah would love to help him out with his archery. She'd encourage his adventurous spirit considering she was very similar as a young girl.

Gard of Lake-town

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »
Silapenniel & Gard: We probably did ICC them and I don't recall, but yes to them crossing paths! Gard's always open and eager to chat with any newcomers thorough town (or one's passing back through if that be Sila's case), a bit overly so perhaps. Her being an Elf and one not from Mirkwood, he would be quite intrigued and I could see them chatting and him showing her about, yes!

Farawen & Gard: A year, a few days, something like that... XD But yes, I recall ICC these two and helping with archery is a must! Gard would have been learning archery about 10, a year or so pre-Quest, and around the time of the Quest (a few days shy of the Dwarf's entering Lake Town I believe) he does bump into Halbaron, but I maybe he doesn't put two and two together of having met both.

So meeting with Farawen before he bumps into Halbaron even? Sometime that year 2940? Hehe, that adventurous spirit doesn't need encouraging, perhaps, but I'm all for her doing such ^^

(teal)

Rupa

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Dory
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 03:52:00 AM »
galadriel&&gard

would you believe she was a trouble making ball of energy in her youth? you better believe it. she wouldn't even manage thirty seconds being  stern with him if they ever met; he's too liable to number on the small list of people that have her laughing within a minute.

morwensteelsheen&&gard

not likely to ever meet, though i wish we could think of something, because after raising four brothers of her own practically, this one'll have his number right away. and it'd be hilarious. xD

rupa&&gard

he's got his own little sons and could, possibly one day for some mad reason, meet the lad. and humour him like he does most children. and be stuck between keeping him out of trouble and laughing at his antics, because we know that's just what dad's do in the family unit.

played by Dory

Gard of Lake-town

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 09:58:00 PM »
galadriel&&gard

Hehe, sure I'll believe it and somehow this make sense to me, Galadriel and her youth that is. Hmm...now how to get the boy to Lothlorien...

morwensteelsheen&&gard

No doubt she would! I might be able to swing something though, same with Galadriel and Rupa, the best I can think for outside Lake Town is after the Battle of Five Armies when Gard's Uncle Bard and the others are helping rebuild Dale and such and post that.

Spoiler ban is officially off so we can discuss anything and everything movie related, and though it's not explicitly stated like it is in the book, they still hinted at Bard and his being the decedents of Lord Girion (sp?) and thus I believe (and Bard's player Guiga has gone with similar in a Drabble at least) it's a safe assumption he becomes King of Dale still.

Why I ramble to explain all this...that would make Gard a sort of a diplomate as my OC but Bard's nephew and the boy could travel...theoretically maybe anywhere from early teens?

He is still adventurous so he would be trying for as early as he could! Hehe. Maybe some sort of Further Afields meet point?

rupa&&gard

Same as above! If I can get him to travel maybe.

Per some threads of mine Gard has made it to the likes of Rivendell by 2951 and early twenties but I figured you wanted before that and the still interesting span of early teens at least :D

Would any of them come to or near Dale for any reason?

(teal)

Galadriel

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 04:22:00 AM »
galadriel.

She is the easiest to move around in a way, honestly. It's more getting her to stop hovering over Lothlorien for a couple of days...well, more like a week or more, but we'd manage, I'm sure. This would just be a thread purely for the adorable feels, I think. Something, if I find a good reason for her, to lighten up the atmosphere amid what would be a rather gloomy one otherwise. Mind you, her home isn't too ridiculously far from his, and Erebor is known for being the first stronghold against dark forces heading to Lorien etc, so I imagine she's always going to have a vested interest in it's well being. Pragmatic ruling is pragmatic ruling, after all.

morwen steelsheen.

I say we keep these two in mind for future reference, certainly.

rupa.

He's actually the easiest, now. Before he had two little boys to look after, he travelled once, twice, a year maybe, to Lake Town in company with Eadlyn, who belongs to Whit. So it's entirely possible considering he'd stand out a fair bit that these two hit it off a while back, when young Gard was even younger again. Rupa's such a gentle giant that he can't help warming to kids unless they're utter pieces of work, and they tend to warm to each other like...like Merry and Pippin to Boromir, really. xD

played by Dory

Gard of Lake-town

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 02:01:00 PM »
Galadriel:

Ok, if you ever send her that way we can see what we can start ~

Rupa:

Sounds good. The boy loves showing travelers around so I'm sure he'd jog right over and offer to help if he noticed Rupa looking all new in the market place or such :)

Younger and before 2941 also works well too. When about were you thinking? Few years before?

(teal)

Rupa

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 11:49:00 PM »
galadriel.

Same idea as I had in Tilda's plotter, if that helps. xD

rupa.

A couple of years before works just fine. If you can bear with me until I'm back from my LoA, I can start to establish what Rupa's up to?

played by Dory

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Nienna: [link] @Ihsan @Reis
    November 24, 2019, 03:32:06 AM
  • Lothíriel: [link] Eorik as well
    November 12, 2019, 07:52:07 PM
  • Meren: Reply for Faramir (finally after a million years) [link]
    November 12, 2019, 07:33:42 PM
  • Legolas: [link] @Thranduil
    November 09, 2019, 01:38:45 AM