Re: & though she'll grow & someday leave by Celeborn
[February 08, 2020, 03:07:14 AM]

Re: The ever-living ghost of what once was by Hades
[February 07, 2020, 03:42:47 AM]

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Nienna: Can work stop now? I just want to go home
    January 31, 2020, 10:27:42 PM
  • Nienna: I am horrible at getting out posts! I’m so sorry to those who have been waiting!
    January 28, 2020, 06:21:10 AM
  • Gard: Hi Cass! <3
    January 28, 2020, 01:06:08 AM
  • Fridr: Sorry for the bombardment of posts about to happen - 100% apologise. Trying to fix something.
    January 19, 2020, 01:22:29 AM
  • Ulmo: I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season! <3
    December 29, 2019, 01:12:19 PM
  • Nienna: Howdy, Becca!
    November 03, 2019, 03:41:21 PM
  • Gard: And Cass of course <3
    August 25, 2019, 12:17:28 AM
  • Gard: I love it so much!!
    August 25, 2019, 12:14:42 AM
  • Gard: Yay amazing Blue post! <3 <3
    August 25, 2019, 12:14:29 AM
  • Nienna: :D
    August 16, 2019, 03:14:37 AM
  • Gard: Hehe guilty as charged :D
    August 16, 2019, 01:13:02 AM
  • Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 333
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: AU Suggestions  (Read 3082 times)

Ulmo

• Administrator
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Cass
  • Tracker: Plotter
AU Suggestions
« on: March 14, 2013, 11:04:00 AM »

Here you can suggest all kinds of zany (or perhaps not that outlandish) AU group threads.  You can choose to start the plotting for your scenario immediately, by posting in the AU Plotting board, or you can simply have your suggestion listed so that it might be picked up and developed by someone else.  Either way, please post here so we can keep track of all group threads in play.

To suggest a scenario and have it listed here, please use this form:

Code: [Select]
•  [u]Title here[/u]  
Suggested by:  Alias here.
Organiser:  Please note whether you plan to do this yourself or if you want it left open for someone else to pick up.
Brief Description:  

Here is a form to help commence brainstorming for a particular scenario in the AU Plotting board.  It is not compulsory and you are free to edit it as you please:

Code: [Select]
[b]Title:[/b]  
[b]Suggested by:[/b]  Whose idea it is/was, if known.
[b]Brief Description:[/b]  
[b]Required Characters:[/b]  Does your scenario require a villain?  Or maybe someone to drink that tempting love potion?  Specify here!
[b]Other:[/b]  For anything else.

Currently in Play

•  Three Nanny Dwarves and a Herd of Dwarflings
Characters involved: Thorin, Bilbo, Dori, Nori, Ori, Fíli, Kíli, Óin, Bifur, Dwalin
As the Company travel through the Misty Mountains, they happen across some questionable mushrooms. Bilbo and the Dwarves (with the exception of Fíli, Kíli and Ori) proceed to eat them, only to magically be turned into infants!  Thus the young and inexperienced Dwarves are catapulted to positions of authority and responsibility with a herd of Dwarflings in their care.

•  A Delightful House of Horror
Characters involved: Thorin, Ori.
Dwarves only.  The characters are invited to a creepy, haunted house that can make their worst nightmares reality - or their most wondrous and pleasant dreams... and it all may lead to murder!  Best to travel in pairs, eh?

•  A Comedy of Terrors
Characters involved: Celeborn, Gwendolyn, Timnarian, Ithilwen, Ginger Dúnhere, Beriadan.
Elves only.  As above, only for the most graceful race in Middle Earth.

•  A Habitation of Unspeakable Horror
Characters involved: Pearl Bolger, Tanta Brandybuck, Bilbo Baggins, Hegelton Hornblower.
Hobbits only.  As above, only for the hairy-footed little folk.

•  Once Upon a Time AU
Based on the television series this long-term AU adventure sees a terrible curse grip Middle Earth, transporting its inhabitants to the modern world.  To the town of Middleton, England, to be precise.  Here the characters are deprived of what mattered to them most in Middle Earth (of which they have no recollection) and lead bleak or unfulfilled lives.  Somehow, some way, they must uncover their true identities and find a way back to their true home!

Current Suggestions

•  Body Switching
Suggested by:  ?
Organiser:  ?
Frustrated with the stubbornness of Dwarves, Gandalf mischievously unleashes a spell that swaps each member of the Company into another member's body.

•  Everyone Loves Kíli
Saruman is once again up to bedevilment, only this time his spell sees everyone, everyone, fall wildly in love with the young Dwarf Kíli - chaos ensues!

•  A Very Drunken Party
For canon and original characters alike, this thread will see a massive party and various festivities being held in the Shire.  Let the quaffing of ale from tankards commence!

•  Confound it all, Radagast!!
The Company (and anyone else who wants to join) is working their way through Radagast's forest when Gandalf has to leave. He tells them to go to Radagast's home and that his fellow wizard will guide them out of the forest. When they get to Radagast's place, they startle him as he makes to cast a spell. Unfortunately, the spell goes wrong because of it and has some unintended consequences - all of the party are instantly turned into animals!

•  Pirates of the Caribbean
Suggested by:  Hades.
A world where our beloved Tolkien characters are, in fact, plundering gold-loving pirates sailing on the high seas?  Oh my!

•  Modern Day Zombie Apocalypse
Suggested by:  Jo.
I don't think this one really requires any explanation.  Just try not to get eaten... it won't be pleasant.

•  Lord of... Dragons?
Suggested by:  Avril.
Smaug the Terrible finds something among the hoard of treasures of Erebor. It was a bottle of some sort of liquid that was enticing enough to make Smaug drink it.  Thorin and Company (possibly being followed by bold original characters and other canons) enter the lair expecting to find the Dragon Lord reclining on his great bed of gold.  What they get instead is a small, off-balanced, clumsy baby Smaug.  The question remains... what will they do with him?

•  All Characters Welcome: Christmas Party
Suggested by: Hades.
Crack open the eggnog as this is exactly as it sounds – out of season though it may be – only it has the option of us roleplayers mingling with the characters too!

•  Modern Times - Plot Here!
Suggested by: Becca.
Organiser:  Becca.
Our characters have suddenly been transported to the modern world and must deal with horseless carriages and other strange things.

•  And They All Lived Happily to the End of Their Days  
Suggested by: Clara, the cbox in general.
Organiser: To each their own characters?
Brief Description: Everybody lives happily ever after, and we get to hide from our feels.

•  Game of Thrones: Middle Earth
Suggested by: Clara.
TBC

•  Robin Hood AU
Suggested by: Hades.
TBC

Completed Threads

-

« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:42:54 PM by Manwë »

Fíli | Aesa | Kvasir | Andar | Liv | Ivorak | Haleth | Ástir |Damel
Veizla | Vex | Loire | Muunokhoi | Morvoren | Faramir | Rorion | Ashar

Smaug

AU Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 10:29:00 AM »
Lord of.. Dragons?: Smaug, Thorin and Company

The great Dragon Lord Smaug the Terrible finds something among the hoard of treasures of Erebor. It was a bottle of some sort of liquid that was enticing enough to make Smaug drink it.

Thorin and company (?) enter the lair expecting to find.. well Smaug in the lair laying on top of the gold. But instead they find a off balanced, clumsy baby Smaug. Which leaves the company unsure of what to do with Smaug.

Maybe a member or two think about try to keep the baby dragon as a pet.. while others try letting him go in the woods just for Smaug to find his way back like a stubborn puppy? That all remains to be seen.

Ulmo

• Administrator
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
AU Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »
Oh goodness, that would be fun!  *ponders AU Fíli's reaction*  It'd probably be along the lines of "I hate you so, so, so much! ... But, well, you are just a little bit cute.  A little bit."  I'll add it to the list, Avril!  I'll label it as Thorin and Company but open it up to original characters and other canons too. :)

Beriadan

• Corrupt
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Loki
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
AU Suggestions
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »
I still say that body switching should totally happen... like totally... That or I can settle for a gender swapping thread? XD I think that would be completely hilarious and already Ber hates me as I think of how pretty he'd be...

Anárion

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
AU Suggestions
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 01:28:00 AM »
Haha, that sounds like a lot of fun Loki! XD Ginger wouldn't know what to do with herself and Sparrow would be trying to find a way to return while Anarion freaks out...

BUT Another fun idea would be an All Characters Welcome: Christmas Party
And, if you wanted to make things even more fun,we as the roleplayers could jump in! Doesn't that sound like such fun!? 8D *shot* I just thought of it, 'cause for us here in America it is nearly Thankgiving and it would be a bit late for a Thanksgiving thread, and Christmas is much closer to the time we as a site began to grow. :D

speech color: c0c8b6

Celeborn

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Becca
  • Plotter: Plotter
AU Suggestions
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 08:59:00 PM »
I have an idea for an AU plot: Middle Earth in Modern Times. This would not be like OUAT plot where no one knows they actually are but it could go two ways: One is where they are essentially themselves but not (kind of like OUAT but without the forgetting who they were). Or, they are transported to Modern Times, but with full memories of they were and such. Basically, OUAT without the curse and other stuff, I guess?

Varbjörn

AU Suggestions
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »
I would be so ridiculously down for this it is not even funny. The 'what are your characters doing now' thread is pretty much this in a way but having it as an actual rp would be the most glorious thing this side of awesome.

Sigrid

AU Suggestions
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 05:51:00 AM »
*randomly pops in*

Not entirely sure how this would work, but I was watching Game of Thrones tonight and thought....Middle Earth, Game of Thrones style?  I don't know.  that is all.

Also I was listening to Enchanted in the car and thought it might be an interesting Modern AU type thing.  Like the characters somehow get sent to some place modern and AU a'la Gisele, but it's different from OUAT AU because they're still themselves and know who they are and stuff, they're just like...."wtf is this horseless carriage and what do you mean can you take a selfie with me, what even is that"

ALSO. calling all Men....I see in the list of AUs that there's a "Dwarves only" thread, an "Elves only" thread, and a "Hobbits only" thread.  we need a "Men only" thread of some sort. Because it's only fair.  but I have no ideas as to what, that's all I've got. That there should be one.

Manwë

• Administrator
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Blue
AU Suggestions
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 10:18:00 PM »
Modern AU plus memories is a common request and has been added - we'll have to get it up and running (would you guys be for it having its own subforum?) feel free to make threads. (I will totally take part eventually.)

GoT how? Like... Everybody dies? O.O

I'd be all for Men having a thread. Should be interesting~

Discuss, people.

Avatar by Phobs-heh, signature by Cass~

Dénor

• Creatures
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Hades
AU Suggestions
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 04:13:00 PM »
I don't know why this makes me so super excited... but it does!!!!!

What about *ahem, dramatic drum roll* A ROBIN HOOD AU!!! 8D And it could go so many different ways! We could go "Time of Robin Hood Earth" we could go "The Robin Hood of Middle Earth/Mirkwood", which I think opens up several options for Ber and Thrandy! OR .. something along the lines... XD

Ulmo

• Administrator
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
AU Suggestions
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 10:54:00 AM »
Apologies for this thread being so neglected, I had quite forgotten that we were supposed to be using polls to decide the next venture!  As a result, the staff and I decided to rework how the AU Suggestions thread works, so that we can see more of these wonderful and wacky threads in action.  From now on you can suggest a group thread and immediately begin plotting/brainstorming for it in our shiny new AU Plotting board.  From there, once interest has been gauged, you're welcome to jump right into roleplaying.  You are also able to suggest an idea but leave it to another to organise it.

All the above suggested scenarios have been added to our list (though we don't have details for either Game of Thrones idea or Robin Hood yet).  There are some gaps, particularly where I couldn't remember who suggested some of older themes, and as yet I'm not sure who wants to kick off the plotting for what.  If you have any of this information, let me know and I'll get it added.  As always, if you have any questions, just ask a staff member. :)

I love the idea of a Game of Thrones AU!  How it would work, I'm not quite sure, unless we had our characters roughly fill the shoes of those of Martin's characters with similar personalities, quick e.g.  Haleth, my conflicted family-and-honour-above-all-else fellow, shares traits with Ned Stark.  We would have to make it a complete AU type of affair, using the first episode of the first series as a starting point – you know, when everyone was still alive – and then take it in our own direction, avidly avoiding spoilers for those who have not read the books/watched the TV series.

Also, I have Men to throw into a Men only thread! ~

Sigrid

AU Suggestions
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 05:57:00 AM »
•  And they all Lived Happily to the End of their Days  
Suggested by: Clara (and other people in the cbox)
Organiser:  me/anyone? (Not sure how much organization it will take)
Brief Description:  well, for the sake of giving us happy feels to combat the hysterical crying we'll all be doing come December, I'm thinking we might need a "happily ever after" type AU where everybody lives...?

Manwë

• Administrator
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Blue
AU Suggestions
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »
We definitely need this yes. Count me in. Seeing as this is less of a one-thread type thing and more of a general area that hopefully we'll have multiple threads in, perhaps we should have a sub-board like the OUaT AU one?  I shall start a discussion thread in a moment, and in the meantime add it to the list.

Avatar by Phobs-heh, signature by Cass~

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Nienna: [link] open thread!
    January 14, 2020, 04:33:41 AM
  • Nienna: [link] @Ihsan @Reis
    November 24, 2019, 03:32:06 AM
  • Lothíriel: [link] Eorik as well
    November 12, 2019, 07:52:07 PM
  • Meren: Reply for Faramir (finally after a million years) [link]
    November 12, 2019, 07:33:42 PM