• Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Gard: *snugs Hades* <3
    September 08, 2020, 01:53:19 PM
  • Nienna: lord have mercy on my stressed soul...
    September 04, 2020, 01:34:16 PM
  • Dory: And one for Hera/Elladan. :3
    August 03, 2020, 05:53:40 AM
  • Dory: Finally got to Cirdan's plotter, Guiga. <3
    August 03, 2020, 05:31:01 AM
  • Gard: I'm good! ^^ Hope you had fun! <3
    July 31, 2020, 09:58:18 PM
  • Ristiinna: Back from my camping trip. How's everyone?
    July 30, 2020, 09:38:19 PM
  • Nienna: Becca! I’ll work on a Ren post when I get off work! ❤️
    July 24, 2020, 11:39:33 PM
  • Nienna: Hello hello!
    July 24, 2020, 11:39:03 PM
  • Nienna: <3
    July 20, 2020, 02:57:05 AM
  • Guiga: No problem, Hades. I'm still catching up on posts as well.
    July 19, 2020, 05:17:39 AM
  • Nienna: oh my god it's embarrassing how long that took me to get out, Guiga! </3 I am SO SO SO SO SO sorry! But some things happened, and all should be good to go again.
    July 18, 2020, 05:56:29 PM
  • RonnieRoo: Wowie!
    July 15, 2020, 10:03:00 PM
  • Hera: @Ari. Your reply is posted as well. Next is Gard's as Pellavan.
    July 12, 2020, 08:41:33 AM
  • Hera: Wrong account.
    July 12, 2020, 08:40:20 AM
  • Gandalf: @Dory. I hope you find the dogs.
    July 12, 2020, 08:39:54 AM
  • Ari: (Marbys & Gard) Got my post out! *shoots confetti cannon* I do believe Gard is next. :)
    July 12, 2020, 07:58:12 AM
  • Ari: (Dory) Aw, I do hope your puppers are okay ;_;
    July 12, 2020, 02:16:14 AM
  • Ari: I've been distracted binge-watching Bob's Burgers, ngl  X'D  My post for Ann & Naur -Marbys & Gard- is a'comin!
    July 12, 2020, 02:14:24 AM
  • Dory: I'm going to try and start writing on my day off next week tho.
    July 11, 2020, 11:28:12 AM
  • Dory: You'll have to forgive me too. There has been...a lot going on. Starting with our dogs at the farm going missing. :/
    July 11, 2020, 11:27:47 AM

* Directories

RPG-D RPG Initiative

* Awards

Author Topic: [Hobbit] I will do it, but for a price  (Read 2250 times)

Kevlat

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Hades
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
I will do it, but for a price
« on: March 04, 2014, 02:03:00 AM »
{ t h e P L O T T E R }[/b][/font]

application
man | s i x t y - t w o | smuggler

Need to smuggle something out of the capital and don't want anyone to know about it? This is your man, for a price. It isn't easy sneaking past a guard with valuables that no one would suspect on an old man... or would you? Kevlat has secrets that would stun the mind and has handled things that would shock you. He's also got a pretty sharp eye, despite his age and his combat skills with a sword are incredible! (depending on your definition of incredible). He also enjoys a friendly smoke, chat and beer from time to time.
    F r i e n d s is not something he tends to make, at least not easily. In fact I think he has fewer friends and more enemies, at least that is what he'll tell you. People of authority, who challenge him are a threat to his aging mind and dominate personality type! So, if you are used to being in charge of a situation, so is he. The only time he might yield the floor is if your skill is better than his own. (nursing, doctoring, sometimes tracking)

E n e m i e s he is pretty sure he has plenty of. People who just don't like him, people who want to see him and his business behind bars (authorities, which he still doesn't have much respect for) However, there are several other reasons why you could end up on this list besides what has been mentioned, so please, be careful! 

L o - he's already been in love, so there is no hope at all for him to fall in love, but only to be reminded of the woman he loved. This is a torture in and of itself. He loved his wife very much, and if he knew that she still lived and did not love him in return (which she doesn't) it would kill him, even though he suspects (and knows, but denies it) that she never did. His daughter is someone I hope to bring into the painting so keep a look out for her kind and gentle, yet fierce nature to appear in the want ads.
    [/li][/list]
    « Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 11:23:47 PM by Ulmo »
    speech color code: 6FB4C9

played by Hades[/i][/color]

Kelwen

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 11:20:00 PM »
    Sigrid & Kevlat
    If he's ever up near Lake-Town, he and Sigrid could conceivably run into each other.  She's usually in Lake-Town (where he wouldn't be because of the lack of credentials), but she can easily be just outside for various reasons.  (Can't spend all day every day at home now, can she.)  I...don't have much else there though.

Kelwen & Zorro Kevlat
    If he was ever in Gondor when she was a kid, since he has a soft spot for young children, they could've run into each other then.  Kel was equally as...difficult as she is now, but if he saw her trying to practice how to swing around her big clunky sword, maybe he could've given her a tip or two?
    More currently, they could run into each other on the road somewhere.  They're both sort of prickly and bad at friends, but I suspect that that's mostly the result of their respective bitterness.  It could be interesting to throw them together; if she knew he was good with a sword she'd try to worm advice out of him since swordplay is her weakest weapon but she would never admit that out loud.

Kevlat

• Men
    • Wanderers
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 11:30:00 PM »
    Sigrid & Kevlat -  
      What would be her reason for leaving Lake Town? Or maybe she could catch him trying to sneak in, the young man that he thinks he is. XD Then feel guilty for disrupting her life. But all is well that ends well, even for a smuggler. Would it be a basic 'get to know you' thread, then?[/li]
    Kevlat & Kelwen -
      ALL THE YES TO ALL OF IT! <3 I'm sure he would be delighted to help the little girl with her sword as best he could while she was young. Then he could ... oh I don't know... promise to give her more lessons if she asked and then he breaks that promise
    not because he wants too, but because he has too and then they meet later in life? Zorro FTW! Though he might not remember her, but she could always remember him?[/li][/list]

Kelwen

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 11:41:00 PM »
    Sigrid & Kevlat
    Well Gard seems to have a tendency to like to wander and explore, she could easily be going out to look for her cousin. XP She could catch him trying to sneak in, too, haha it seems like Bard and his family know the ins and outs of Lake-Town really well, so she'd probably notice a stranger trying to sneak in.  (And she can't really blame him for smuggling, really, since her father smuggles from time to time...)

Kelwen & Kevlat
    YES ZORRO FTW I love that.  She would have loved someone helping her with her sword, since sword 'lessons' with her father always ended badly (usually with him mad at her and her bleeding and crying), so she'd probably have thought Kevlat was pretty cool.  She would have been crushed when he broke his promise to teach her more (though she wouldn't have been terribly surprised since she's not used to people keeping their promises).  I love that they'd meet up later in life; she'd probably recognize him, since he wouldn't have aged as much as she would have.  She might be a little mean initially once she recognized him and call him out on his broken promise but would you expect any less.  But I'm sure she'd get over it. I really like this.

Kevlat

• Men
    • Wanderers
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 11:49:00 PM »
    Sigrid & Kevlat
      Haha! Oh Gard is always getting into trouble! XD I like this, I really do. Though he wouldn't come off as a smuggler, like her Father, and he smuggles because he wants to. Where as Bard has to from time-to-time. Ah yes... If only we had an Alfrid or the Master, it would make that thread a lot more fun!! *should campaign for both! ..... gets glares from her other characters* >.> or... not... ya know...[/li]
    Kelwen & Kevlat
      Heehee! <3 Oh where to start with all this! Would it be easier for you to start this thread or me? *imagines Kevlat wandering about with his canine and stumbles upon Young Kelwen trying to master the sword* So many regrets, wishes... things that- *ahem* But that's enough for now. xD[/li]

Sigrid

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 12:00:00 AM »
    Sigrid & Kevlat
    Haha that he is. (Oh Gard.) If she did find out he was a smuggler she'd be all *looks the other way while he gets in* unless she found out it was because he wanted to, in which case she'd be mega confused.  Her only experience with people smuggling is because they have to. *eyes the Master and Alfrid and all the Master's people* this really would be much more fun if there was a Master or Alfrid! (We should campaign. Someway somehow somewhere.)

Kelwen & Kevlat
    Love this! We could start it at the beginning with young Kelwen if you want?  And I can start it, might be easiest to have her doing her thing and him stumble upon her?  

Kevlat

• Men
    • Wanderers
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 12:13:00 AM »
    Sigrid & Kevlat
      Haha! XD Hm. Perhaps she catches him landing a boat on the docks? *ah, not really sure would have to wing it the rest of the way*  (yes, someway, some how... some time in some distant land...)[/li]
    Kelwen & Kevlat
      Yes, I think that would be brilliant! <3 *cues Zorro training music* and would you!! That would be super of you! =3  and don't forget to add the date.[/li]

Sigrid

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 01:50:00 AM »
    Sigrid & Kevlat
    That works; she could be on her way home from running errands or something and have taken an obscure detour to avoid Alfrid or someone.  and we'll probably have to wing it from there, haha.

Kelwen & Kevlat
    Alright! I'll add that to my queue. : ) 11 or 12 might be a good age for Kel to be?

Kevlat

• Men
    • Wanderers
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 12:27:00 AM »
    giving the old man a bit of a bump!

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
    • Galadriel: thread starter for Celeborn/Becca <3
      August 19, 2020, 11:22:12 AM
    • Ristiinna: Checking in on Arthfael with Ristiinná...
      August 03, 2020, 04:31:47 PM
    • Dory: Plotter tag for Elladan/Hera! <3
      August 03, 2020, 05:53:20 AM
    • Galadriel: Plotter tag for Cirdan/Guiga! <3
      August 03, 2020, 05:30:20 AM
    • Gard: For Guiga [link]
      July 24, 2020, 06:54:05 PM
    • Gard: For Ari! [link]
      July 22, 2020, 02:52:00 PM
    • Nienna: for Gard! [link] let me know if anything needs edits...
      July 20, 2020, 04:15:22 AM
    • Nienna: Far too long, but I should have more free time now: [link]
      July 18, 2020, 05:55:42 PM
    • Nauroval: Reply for Shadowfax and Annúngilel [link]
      July 17, 2020, 07:37:07 PM
    • Nienna: for Thranduil [link]
      July 17, 2020, 01:14:38 AM
    • Gandalf: Reply for Shadowfax [link]
      July 12, 2020, 08:21:28 AM
    • Ari: Reply for Gard and Marbys! [link]
      July 12, 2020, 07:56:59 AM
    • Annúngilel: Reply for Nauroval and Shadowfax [link]