• Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM
  • Dís: Eeeeeh hi again Icewolf!
    July 22, 2019, 11:13:41 PM
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
  • thatguy2: yeah
    May 14, 2019, 04:32:36 AM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 43
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: [LotR] Alanna  (Read 561 times)

Alanna

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Silverthorn
Alanna
« on: April 29, 2019, 06:44:34 PM »
Alanna

Man - Wanderer

This is Alanna, a wanderer (and frequent caravan guard), who has traveled extensively across the civilized parts of Middle-Earth. Born in Minas Tirith, her family was exiled when she was a child. After a raiding party killed her parents Alanna hit the road, traveling with trade caravans from place to place and gaining skills (as well as an eclectic set of weapons and armor). She's on a mission of her own but is probably curious enough to get involved in other people's problems.

Friends: Alanna has made plenty of contacts in her travels but few friends. After what happened to her family, she has some issues with trusting people enough to call them friends. On the other hand, if she accepts someone as a friend she would be a true friend but it hasn't happened as of yet.

Lovers: Other than a man she was in the early stages of a relationship with before she left Rohan, Alanna hasn't had any lovers. Again, her difficulty in trusting people has placed her at a disadvantage. She is probably best described as 'looking for Mr. (or possibly Ms.) Right'.

Enemies: Other than the obvious monsters/orc/threat to the life of herself, others and Middle Earth, Alanna plans to try and work out who caused her family's exile from Gondor.

Dory

• OOC-Mentors
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: JUSTKEEPSWIMMING
Re: Alanna
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 03:28:06 AM »
I'm gonna post in my OOC account so my character applications are visible, in case you pick up something I don't or have an idea in kind. <3

sefa & alanna

So Sefaedra is quite old by the time of LotR (think in her early to mid-100's because woo, Dunedain) but she's still kicking pretty well. She spent years in Gondor in her youth following marriage before she met a fellow Rohirric man (Haleth) during Prince Thengel's exile, and she returned and married him after she was widowed to dwell in Rohan and Meduseld for the rest of their days. However, she was born commoner first, and is super down to earth (if whimsical/playful) to get along with. She also had a super soft spot for children as she could never have her own, so what about the idea that she knew Alanna as a child? Maybe even told her stories of her own travels etc, if the little one asked. She might have been friendly with her parents too (possibly even knew them pre-Gondor/exile years, which could be fun to brainstorm as far as plots/who knows what goes), so it would have grieved her a great deal their loss, and Alanna's subsequent leaving/wandering...but if you're amenable to all of this, she'd react joyfully any time she saw the lass again.

eorik & alanna

My boi here was Eomer's lieutenant before his injuries during The Battle of Pelennor, but he grew up in a trader family so he's easy to have met around the wilds of Rohan (which he knows like the back of his hand) and may have even met her pre-tragic events if his family bartered with his/had goods to send on the trading route. He's a bit too serious at times (real dutiful type) and everyone but him has big plans for him in the future (right now all he wants to do is go home and come to terms with the changes in his life). His life beforehand has been a little tragic (though he's kept himself positive/generous to others somehow); his parents were killed in a raid and he was raised by his grandparents, and his wife died in childbirth with their daughter in T.A. 3016. So he kind of gets it, you know what I mean?

eowyn & alanna

I've got nothing great brainstormed here at the moment, just wanted to leave a note in case ou think of anything. xD

tintalde & alanna

I think it was too long ago for them to have met pre-Tintalde's settling from her travels and marrying (darn Elves and their longevity), but she has a soft spot for Faramir and will probably come to Minas Tirith to see him become Prince of Ithilien/be married. This could be an interesting (or just funny) interaction (or more, depending on where it goes) because Alanna doesn't trust people and not even marriage to a diplomat has softened Tintalde's red code levels of bluntness. She doesn't mean to be mean, she's just who she is. xD

legolas & alanna

Gah again, damn Elves and their longevity; he would have returned to the Mirkwood post-BotFA before Alanna was old enough to really interact. Or maybe they met when she was quite little, and if they meet again post-Aragorn's coronation etc, she remembers him? That'd be cute.

nymyari & alanna

Another one who's predominantly Hobbit-era, but Dwarves live a while and she was quite young back then, so she's probably still alive. The only issue is I don't quite know where she'd be at by LotR (if she left the whore house in the Blue Mountains, if she went with her few loved ones from there, if she met anyone herself etc), but as I've done little actual posting with her, I can probably (definitely) be open with her without too much trouble. I just need more writing with her in my life.

elves: Tintalde .:. Legolas .:. Galadriel
men: Morwen Steelsheen .:. Sefaedra .:. Rupa .:. Eowyn .:. Eorik .:. Katja
dwarves: Dis

Alanna

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 09:26:51 AM »
I like the idea of Sefa knowing Alanna from the old days is interesting. If you want I'll do a post of Alanna arriving in Lossarnach in need of the services of a saddlery (assuming that Sefa's saddlery is in Lossarnach. I may have erred on that count).

Sefaedra

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Dory
  • Application: Plotter
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 10:33:20 AM »
sefa & alanna

Oh heavens no, that would be me in error; I haven't updated Sefa's application with notes about where she'll be in the LotR timeline, probably because I only very recently decided it myself. Sorry! But to clear up the misunderstanding; she returned to Rohan some time from T.A. 2953-T.A. 2954 [I'd have to ask Haleth's roleplayer xD] and has lived back there ever since. That's how she could have known Alanna and her family when she was a little girl, but you bring up a good point about her saddlery etc; I think she'd still have kept doing that sort of thing even when she returned to Rohan, probably not so much in T.A. 3019 [I imagine her fingers aren't quite as nimble as they used to be] but if she's quite fond of Alanna already, she'd certainly repair or update something for her if she paid her a visit on her travels and asked. <3

'nothing's perfect. the world is far, far from perfect. but it's a constant,
and it's there trying for us. and that's what makes it so damn beautiful.'

Alanna

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 03:46:06 PM »
Cool. I'll post something either later on or tomorrow.

Gard

• OOC-Mentors
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Tracker: Plotter
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 12:01:38 AM »
Posting under OC name so you can explore mine also if you want.

So I have quite the cast of characters up so narrowed down to those with probably the most reason/chance to run into Alanna and we can just start with whoever takes your fancy first or however many you want to start with <3

Nauroval & Alanna:

My Great Eagle from the Misty Mountains, I don't know that she'd be interested enough in a human to land and meet one, but I can tarry her in a clearing etc and force an interaction if she wants to talk with one or anything.

Nyx & Alanna:

Ah my talking Warg with her own revenge vendetta against all Orcs (though she isn't friendly to most others but those have all her hate but for Dwarves also) if Alanna just wants some drama I can keep her from eating her for a confrontation and perhaps get her to talk if it comes about to that.

Kargach & Alanna:

My most traveled Dwarf, even at 100 something in LOTR time, that's not too shabby as they go and he's still traveling about as a wheel-wright/caravan manager of the carts he sells to said caravan. Pretty open minded, he would have no problem hiring a human as an extra caravan guard, though he says he's not too shabby with a sword and could do such himself. Still he's not in his 80's anymore and knows he should take it more carefully. Especially if he was in a small caravan or on his own, I could see him hiring Alanna.

Friór & Alanna:

A young Dwarf lad (14 equivalent around movie time-frame I believe) from a good family in the Blue Mountains, he's Kargach's apprentice in woodcarving and while quiet and perhaps not too adventurous he loves the outdoors and would accompany him on a caravan trip so I think throwing him in with Kargach would be the best way to get a meeting.

Harper & Alanna:

And finally my teenager hawk-skin-changer, who's a teenager for all of those time-frames I think the way skin-changers go she is on her own ever since her parents died and trying to keep her secret as a skin-changer while craving human interaction so if she came across Alanna traveling, she would definitely stop by her campfire for a bite to eat and a chat.

Bilbo Baggins/ Dagmar/ Fritz/ Líknví/ Saga/ Kargach/ Anlaf

Nyx/ Nauroval/ Gard/ Wes/ Friór/ Harper/ Tuuli/ Pellavan

(Folkin II/ Illmur)

Alanna

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 04:16:30 PM »
I can't help thinking that Alanna, Kargach and Frior would be a good match for a thread.

Lothíriel

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Meren
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 12:48:20 AM »
Lothíriel & Alanna: So I have Loth as an option here for Alanna to interact with. For most of her life she stays in Gondor, specifically in Dol Amroth. It comes with the territory of being a noble and the whole "Mordor is on our border" thing. She is in Minas Tirith during the Battle of Pelennor, and my plans for her are for her to travel to Rohan with the retinue for Theoden's funeral. There is a possibility she will stay in Rohan for a while with Eowyn, but that is still up in the air. And of course she does wind up marrying Eomer and becoming Queen of Rohan at the end of the Third Age/beginning of the Fourth. So there are possibilities for them to interact.

Gard

• OOC-Mentors
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Tracker: Plotter
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 03:10:42 AM »
I agree!

Alright I'll get something up. Would somewhere in Eriador maybe a year before the War work? Not sure if you had a specific timeline for her yet/just wanted to check

Bilbo Baggins/ Dagmar/ Fritz/ Líknví/ Saga/ Kargach/ Anlaf

Nyx/ Nauroval/ Gard/ Wes/ Friór/ Harper/ Tuuli/ Pellavan

(Folkin II/ Illmur)

Alanna

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 02:03:14 PM »
That would work since the first thread I started for her is in Edoras just after the war and she hasn't been to Rohan for over three years.

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Faramir: Reply for Éowyn! [link]
    September 30, 2019, 12:17:32 AM
  • Manwë: Reply for Nauroval! thehobbitroleplay.com/index.php?topic=5384.0
    September 26, 2019, 04:55:55 PM
  • Pellavan: Thread for Farran/Faramir! [link]
    September 26, 2019, 03:39:31 AM
  • Faramir: Reply for Éowyn! [link]
    September 22, 2019, 12:39:37 AM
  • Tintaldé: [link] @Whit/Tinuvagor
    September 21, 2019, 11:01:15 AM
  • Éowyn: [link] @Cass/Faramir
    September 21, 2019, 10:38:16 AM
  • Ulmo: Pellavan is approved and now in play! ^^ [link]
    September 16, 2019, 12:38:49 PM
  • Fritz: More brotherly banter for Andi/Cass and Koph/Blue! Whoo! [link]
    September 04, 2019, 06:15:14 PM
  • Faramir: Starter for Lothíriel/Meren, after a thousand years! [link]
    August 24, 2019, 10:22:02 PM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Tag for Thatguy [link]
    May 17, 2019, 03:01:04 AM
  • thatguy2: tag for Gard [link]
    May 14, 2019, 05:38:28 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Thread for Eofor/Thatguy [link]
    May 11, 2019, 02:46:13 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Reply for Hades/Altair! [link]
    May 08, 2019, 04:09:02 PM
  • Nienna: Post to Teachers Vent [link] *crosses fingers*
    May 07, 2019, 01:14:34 AM
  • Faramir: Reply for Becca/Éomer! [link]
    May 01, 2019, 11:59:42 PM
  • Faramir: Plots back for Dory! [link]
    April 30, 2019, 10:21:06 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag Cass/Faramir <3 [link]
    April 30, 2019, 01:57:05 PM
  • Éowyn: Thread starter for Eofer/ThatGuy: [link]
    April 30, 2019, 09:00:17 AM
  • Faramir: Faramir plots for Meren/Lothíriel... two years late. Sorry about that! [link]
    April 29, 2019, 09:12:22 PM
  • Tintaldé: Tag for Whit/Elrohir [link]
    April 23, 2019, 04:48:08 PM