• Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM
  • Dís: Eeeeeh hi again Icewolf!
    July 22, 2019, 11:13:41 PM
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
  • thatguy2: yeah
    May 14, 2019, 04:32:36 AM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 16
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: Bonding and Trouble  (Read 2680 times)

Fritz

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Gard
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
Bonding and Trouble
« on: July 01, 2013, 02:27:00 PM »
{Ok, if anything on timing or place doesn't work, just let me know! <3 I think the ages would like up Fritz 46 (15) Andar 73 (24) Einar 76 (25)}

Fritz had been down to both The Three Hammers, and a handful of other taverns about, plenty of times with his older brothers, mostly just to be there and take in the atmosphere; getting his feet wet as it were. No matter what Liv may secretly have thought on the prospect of even her youngest one day becoming a tavern frequenter, it was a normal, almost expected dwarf past time, and if Fritz got use to the ins and outs early he'd be better off.

All the same, and even at her youngest son's current age of 46 (grown up he thought), Liv instilled the very firm rule, even now, that someone between his father or brothers must always be with him if he peeked his head anywhere near a tavern.

Any arguments Fritz had wanted to give were quickly stalled by a reminder on the freedoms he was allowed around fire and scorching heat. Alright fine, there was little arguing there.

Yet, even Liv knew her requirements did not curb all, and inwardly had thought on a good way to phrase her other worry that, if Fritz be with his brothers, maybe she should make the list two of them...she...well she loved Einar as only a mother could only their oldest but both Anlaf and herself had had to have many a talk with him over the amount of brawls that seemed to happen around him.

Even in the midst of this, Liv knew he had his little brother watch though, and so was resoled to keeping her worries to herself.

This day, both Einar and Andar would be with Fritz so some of her worries were alleviated.

"Now in case I need you three, which tavern was it exactly that you were planning on? The Three Hammers?" Liv asked just as her boys were about to make their way out the door.

Fritz was always a sort of open book, and his eyes widened as he pondered an answer to that and then gave a try at saving Einar having to explain why he wasn't allowed back to that particular tavern ever since the brawl with Sinar and Kvasir.

He wasn't sure how his mother didn't know about that, but however long they could keep it going would be good.

"Um...no, we...". You're the baby, use that! Play off her natural, guarded, protective, mother bear instincts! the thought came to the lad, "The miners are too prone to shove an entire pint my way so we thought we'd avoid trouble and go to one of the other ones".

Some parts of that were very much in line with not being a lie and Fritz was pleased with himself with his truth bending and still keeping skills. He wasn't sure if his mother completely bought it, but she let them go without any other third degree at least.

As they walked, Fritz turned a grin up to his brothers, but mostly at Einar, "We're gonna have to tell Modir you got banned from the Three Hammers one of these days. I'll do it too if you want, I have a very good way of putting things". He had anything but!

Actually the banning was a good thing, Fritz felt, as he didn't know as much about some of the lesser taverns about (not in seediness, just popularity) and this would be a good chance to branch out.

"Ok, never mind what I said at the house, we agreed I was going to try an entire pint this time and no one was going to tell Modir, right? Right!", he answered his own self and was off like a shot within the doorway once the tavern loomed ahead.

It was just his natural enthused self, that even this into adolescence had not gone anywhere, though, hopefully his brothers knew he wasn't going to be darting to the bar that quick, though the offer of seeing exactly how much and big a mug he could away with was still going to stand.

"You two are slow", was next informed to both Einar and Andar as he peeked his head back out the doorway and his brothers, while having made much progress, were not at the doorway just yet, before the youth disappeared again. "Oh, sorry Sir" was a clear indication of the lad having bumped into someone already.

(olivedrab)

Andar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Cass
Bonding and Trouble
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »
(OOC: Perfect, Gard! ~)

Andar was generally considered to be the sensible one, the reliable one, and that was perfectly fine with him.  It came with being quiet, with being (for the most part) polite and obedient and from having a firm yet gentle hand.  There was a saying, though, that it was the quiet ones you needed to watch for.  Andar doubted there was any truth to that - he never looked for trouble and often went to lengths to avoid it.

Their mother's mention of the The Three Hammers had taken Andar completely by surprise, for it was a place that did not often cross his mind.  The young Dwarf had not been there at the time of the infamous brawl, of course, and had not witnessed the bar fight that had seen his elder brother banned.  Andar had heard about it from his siblings and had since met the outsider named Kvasir, a peculiar and damaged Dwarf that the second son of Anlaf found difficult to weigh and measure.  In any case, out of principal he had not returned to give The Three Hammers his custom.  If Einar was barred then, for all intents and purposes, Andar would be too.  Family came first, in all matters, always.

Fortunately Fritz had been fast on his feet and quick with his wits, though his chosen words had made Andar slowly and soberly raise a hand, passing it over his mouth to disguise the faintest indication of a smile which tugged on his lips.  Honesty seemed to run in their family but that did not mean that the truth didn't find itself being bent from time to time.  Andar was as guilty of this as the next Dwarf, though had much less skill at it.  Any time he tried to be evasive the truth would be written all over his face.

The brothers made to leave and, out of Liv's earshot, Fritz so earnestly claimed that he would be fit to tell their mother the truth of The Three Hammers.  To that Andar could not help but chuckle, that was a conversation he would pay to see!  It was best kept under wraps, though.  True Einar brawled often enough but it was always with good cause and in the instance of this particular bout his elder brother had been doing the Right Thing.  As far as Andar was concerned that should be amulet enough to protect someone from repercussions.

As was expected of any Dwarf, Andar frequented the taverns and inns of Ered Luin.  Perhaps not quite so much as others, but often enough all the same.  He much preferred a quiet pint with the company of family, or one or two friends, over the raucousness and unpredictability of larger gatherings.  Andar spoke little at the former and almost not at all at the latter, too easily muted and cowed by crowds and Dwarves more forward than himself.

“A whole pint?  That is ambitious...”  Andar murmured as Fritz bounced eagerly in the direction of the tavern door and it struck him then just how quickly his little brother was growing up, it seemed only the shortest time since he had been a mewling babe.  His solemn eyes were then drawn up to the creaking sign which proclaimed this establishment to be The Bettle and Chisel.  Turning to Einar, Andar added quietly, “I don't know that we can deny him.  He is forty-six years of age.”

Fritz had disappeared into the tavern, moments later poking his young face back out to proclaim his brothers slow.  Andar grinned and shook his head and then chuckled to hear that his littlest brother had already bumped into a punter.  Fritz was always so eager, so enthused!  Dark eyes alight with laughter Andar followed into the tavern.  It had a low ceiling and was warm, smoky and familiar.  The way many alehouses were, in truth.  Andar went straight to the bar, trusting Fritz to find a table, determined that the first round would be on him.  Ordering two and a half pints of ale, Andar cast his gaze around the tavern.  It was busy enough without being bunged and it seemed to have a respectable enough clientèle.  Workers from the industrial sector, of course, and others, better dressed, who were likely of minor noble families.  No harlots, not obvious thugs and no signs of rowdiness, at least not yet, but that would likely change after as the hours slipped by and as the liquor flowed freely, loosening both tongues and morals.  Having paid and been served Andar gripped the two pint tankards in his right hand and the half in his left, meandering his merry way over to his siblings.

“One half pint deserves another,” Andar uttered with a small smile.  There was no badness in this statement, no unkindness, only the gentle ribbing of one brother to another.  Truthfully Andar wasn't against Fritz having a pint entirely to himself, later in the evening, but he needed to wet his lips first.  Images of Fritz getting over excited at the prospect of his first full pint and drinking it down too quickly on an unaccustomed stomach had been the decider for Andar.

Einar

• Archived
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Bonding and Trouble
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 06:01:00 PM »
Being the oldest of six siblings had its ups and downs. There always seemed to be more ups then downs and Einar is thankful for that. Being the oldest sibling meant there is more responsibility and that ones eyes always had to be open to make sure the others did not get into trouble, or if they did he could get them out. Einar has a short and quick temper that can get him into trouble and recently it has. His mother was not to proud of Einar who came home with a ripped tunic and a black eye as well as a bloody nose. Einar did what he thought was right, but standing up for Kvasir. The standing up for Kvasir wasn’t the problem, coming home bloody and beaten was. This lead him getting banned from the Three Hammers for a while. Einar knew that he would let things cool off and he would be allowed to go back. Not the first time he has been kicked out of the tavern, but that was when he was younger as he has gotten older he tried not to fight as much.

When his mother mentioned and wondered which tavern they are going to, Einar could have told her right there and the thought had crossed his mind, but Fritz pipped up first with the fact that the miners are prone to shove an entire pint his way had made Einar chuckle and shake his head, he noticed Andar covers his face to hide a smile. One day he would come clean with his mother, but for now it is best to keep her in the dark.

After the coos of good bye from their mother the three brothers set out on their way to the tavern, and they were a mere 100 feet away from their home Einar heard Fritz, We're gonna have to tell mom you got banned from the Three Hammers one of these days. I'll do it too if you want, I have a very good way of putting things" Einar let out a laugh at his youngest brother, always so eager to tell people information. Einar shook his head a bit. “ I find that most noble of you Fritz, but there will be no need to tell mother that I banned from the Three Hammers. As it has not been my first time and nor will it be my last I a sure you. We just have to wait for everything to calm down and then we go back.” Einar chuckles again as he looks at Andar with a smirk.

Andar always has been the sensible one, the one who always had a clear mind and could handle any situation with ease. Einar has always been thankful for this, it seems he took most of the temper from their mother when he was born. Not that Andar could not loose his temper if you pushed the right buttons, he is just better at not letting his buttons get pushed so easily. Einar can’t count the times Andar has uses his words to get him out of a situation, where Einar would rather use his fists. Andar at times seems to be the calm when its needed and Einar is the fight where its needed and He is happy about that.

"Ok, never mind what I said at the house, we agreed I was going to try an entire pint this time and no one was going to tell mom, right? Right!" Einar chuckles and looks at Andar and back to Fritz. “ you want to start slow little brother, We will see about a full pint.” Einar did not want to be with a sick Fritz all night. Walking with his brothers seeing the nearest tavern as they approached it, which happens to be he Bettle and Chisel. Einar watches as Fritz runs ahead being eager as usual. “you two are slow.” he hears him call back to Andar and himself. “ Andar I think our brother is a little to eager to begin drinking.” he says as they approach the door he hears Fritz say sorry sir and Einar sighs, He watches Andar and listens to him I don't know that we can deny him. He is forty-six years of age.” He follows Andar into the tavern. “ We won’t deny him we will pace him.. Don’t think mother would be happy if we brought home a sick Fritz.” He gives Andar a reassuring smile and watches him walk up to the bar, while he turns and follows Fritz to a table.

As Andar approached the table with two pints and a half pint Einar nods. “ thank you brother and I agree with Andar, Fritz you take your time and finish that one we can talk about a full pint.” Taking this tankard, Einar takes a big gulp from it and sighs as he lets the cold bubbly liquid slid into his stomach.

Fritz

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Bonding and Trouble
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 02:40:00 AM »
Even if Andar was known to be the sensible one, Einar's equally dull, logic following suggestion of just waiting for things to die down around the Three Hammer's rather than risk his own being in the scolding cross fire to tell their mother of the brawl, hit a bit disappointing on Fritz end.

Not that he was actually all that eager to delve into the touch subject, and words would probably fade rather quickly were he to try and relate to their mother; he just also trusted he could do it quick and painless, so long as he didn't get paused and could just spit the words out. If there was one thing Fritz had on his side (though he felt he had many) it was a sort of bluntness. As he'd just proved, even if not giving his mother the full truth.

"Fine, suit thy self!" he merely shot back, still with a smile, before dashing for the inn. Statements just somehow gained so much more ring or whatever reaction one went for when you threw big formal words into them!

He would have rather Einar not suit himself on the topic of a full pint, but rejection seemed to be the rule with the youngest only sometimes made exception when he could work his cute powers. Cute powers died with every year though, and Fritz had the distinct feeling he was very close to having lost them completely.

It was a good thing of course, his growing and finally being taken more seriously, yet...why couldn't he keep both? Oh well, it was only Dwarfling cuteness he lost, the true little kid begging a toy or sweets stuff. His current position between Dwarfling and full Warrior had it's own level of cute he knew that could at least be turned to older females more inclined to view him as young opposed to mature.

Mahal help him when, with a few more passing years, he would have to employ charming to get anything ever again! He wasn't sure he could do it, even with watching both his brothers and even the Blue Mountain's two princes. Their oldest prince, and heir, Fili seemed to very much so know how one made charming work; yet every time Fritz tried to employ the same and what he saw with maidens in his peer group, he either froze up or got odd looks, and either way they'd pass right by him.

Well, taverns seemed a good place to have things out, maybe in the course of the night he could ask Einar and Andar on it.

At the moment, he just picked a table even as Andar came back with their ordered ale. They were not kidding, it was apparent to Fritz, upon seeing the tankard sizes. He gave a suitable frown back to the rib, yet in true form didn't mind it all as much as he made out and was just teasing back.

"You both think I'm jesting, I know you do, but I'm going to hold as much if not more 'water' than the both of you by the time this night's through". His very grand boast was broken a bit by his still giving a wince upon the first sip. He though he was over that by now, but it still crept up to shock him every now and again as tastes and brews would vary. He strove to hide it though and just swallowed. Another boastful statement would have come, if he could have thought of one.

(olivedrab)

Kophas

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Blue
Bonding and Trouble
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 05:34:00 PM »
The door creaked as it shut. The dripping cloak was slung over one of the rather stuffed hooks and then reluctantly straightened. Kophas took a moment to listen, trying to figure out who was still in the house. By the quiet creak of a chair in the main room, one or both parents. Fritz must have been out, or up to something, as there was no sound to locate him by. The sounds that signified other siblings – laughter or the scoosh of a brush being rinsed, quiet (or not so quiet) voices, the scrape of a whetstone on a blade – were absent too. He knew for a fact that Cephas was off halving the exorbitant asking price he had been given for some sort of cloth over drinks, and Kophas himself had been out all day with two hawks – Vedhr in the morning and a beautiful snow-white goshawk in the afternoon, letting it settle into its stride after the rabbits in the short grass around the stables. Vedhr had sulked on him when she had figured out he wasn’t taking her for the whole day. The hobby was probably still obstinately facing the wall of her alcove in the mews.

The unusual quiet made the falconer realise how much energy he still had. He hadn’t exactly had the best of conversationalists for company all day and while he was usually fine without excessive social interaction, it seemed like a while since he had talked to his brothers. And sister, for that matter. Getting up ridiculously early to catch the rabbits at sunrise meant that everyone else was either asleep, like Kophas had wished he was, or in the same state of bleary-eyed grunting that he found himself in.

He stalked into the main room, shrugging his shoulders as though to shed the cold of outside and careful not to break the peaceful silence too much. Dark hair was still flattened with rain. Liv was mending something and he stopped to talk for a moment, say that yes, he knew he was damp and no, he wouldn’t catch a chill, tell her that it had been a good day and ask where the others were. Einar and Andar were taking Fritz to a tavern somewhere; he had only just missed them. Kophas gained an objective. As he turned to go, he asked a question.

“The Three Hammers, right?”

Something in her answer (the gist of which was no, somewhere else and see, this was why she had wanted to know where they were going) suggested that she knew more than she was letting on about why they weren’t going to the Three Hammers and prodded at him to confirm her suspicions, but he merely flashed a smile and bowed out. He had heard about the barfight (in blow-by-blow detail, thanks to Fritz) and whether or not they wanted to tell Liv was their decision. He was staying out of the matter.

One very quick change later (he had encountered a muddy-banked stream with speed and force while attempting to take a shortcut to where the goshawk was eagerly tearing at its kill, and he had come back before dusk because the skies had opened on him) he put his head round to say goodbye and then he was out in the corridors of Ered Luin, checking bars in the order he thought Einar would aim for them, considering he had Fritz with him. Although they had a head start on him, he was one of the gifted few in the world who could walk incredibly quickly without making it look like he was in a hurry and half hoped to catch up before they went inside.

He didn’t quite manage that. It was the second one that he peered into – the Bettle and Chisel – that contained his brothers, Andar only just approaching the table. He slipped inside quietly, not really expecting them to notice him as they were engaged in their own conversation. He weaved his way to the bar, acquired a single pint and was sliding past chairs to the table in moments, just in time to catch the tail end of Fritz’s sentence.

“-As much if not more 'water' than the both of you by the time this night's through!" Even from behind, Kophas caught the wince as his little brother sipped and grinned. He waited a moment more until the half-tankard was resting on the wood and less likely to go flying and then clapped a hand on Fritz’s shoulder. Making people jump was unaccountably fun, though most of his family was used to him by now.

“May I join your esteemed table?” Without waiting for an answer, he pulled another chair over with one hand. “Now that sounded like a dangerous thing you were saying, Fritz. Would that be both of them together or either of them alone?” He spoke as he slid into the chair, taking a sip of his own pint as he finished the question and raised his eyebrows inquiringly. His curly hair was still clinging damply and he had to swipe it out of his blue eyes to glance around at the others as he added a belated greeting. They were dry, lucky things. Even if Andar or Einar had been outside the caverns, they had come in before the rain that had chased him home. “Hello, by the way. And yes, it is raining outside.”

((OOC: Kophas wanted in on sibling shenanigans. Hope the mentions of other family members are okay, tell me if anything needs changed!))

(#384450)

Andar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Bonding and Trouble
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 03:01:00 PM »
(OOC:  Eeee, glad to have Ko on board, and Liv featured perfectly! ^_^  Are you and Simba going to join us Hiding and Seeking, by the way?  The more the merrier!  If anything in this needs changed, let me know. ~)

Einar's words had prompted a look of relief in Andar, who returned his elder brother's reassuring smile with a small one of his own.  Yes, they could pace Fritz, then everybody would win!  Fritz could enjoy the brew, still be fit to walk home at the end of the night and that would make for a happy mother.  Liv would be waiting up on them, Andar suspected, given how often she said she simply couldn't sleep until she knew her little sparrows were all safely home to roost.

Fritz's quip made him chuckle good-naturedly and the candlelight in his dark eyes twinkled merrily to see the younger Dwarf wince at the heady flavour of the ale.  But Andar made no remark on it, having no wish to embarrass his little brother.  “Oh, of that I have no doubt.”  Andi conceded easily, the words not far from truth.  It would only be a matter of time before Fritz, too, could drink him under the table.  The second son of Anlaf didn't consume liquor often enough or in nearly large enough quantities to give him any great deal of tolerance.  Then, if someone bought you a pint, it was bad manners not to drink it – everyone knew that common courtesy - and on occasion that had led to ever polite Andar being half-carried home by his brothers or either one or both of the princes.  Sometimes Andi rather suspected it was no accident he was pushed beyond his limits; it was all in the name of good, clean (well, mostly clean – and that point warranted no elaboration in his mind!), laddish fun.  He turned his gaze to his own tankard, tracing his forefinger absent-mindedly around its rim.

There was no time for him to be distracted by his own thoughts, but still the sudden appearance of Kophas (the ability of his falconer brother to stalk up and appear as though from nowhere was most uncanny) was enough to make Andar jolt as skittishly as some of the ponies he cared for.  Years of experience with such mischief had dulled his reaction somewhat but sometimes Ko still got him, it having started up long ago as something of a game.  The Dwarf relaxed again and his tongue appeared playfully between his teeth as he smiled in greeting.  

“Good to see you, brother.”  Andar replied warmly.  His attention was immediately taken by the damp, wet hair clinging to his brother's face and a faint line of concern showed itself in Andi's brow.  It was a concentrated effort on his part not to make some remark on catching colds or the dangers of chills – Mahal forbid he sound like their mother – and really the rowdy taverns were no place for such fussing.  Besides, how many times had he himself been soaked to the skin whilst exercising the steeds out on the hillside?  Though Andar could not say he understood his brother's passion and fascination for birds, seeing them much the same as most other animals, he reckoned that his own love of horses and ponies was likely cut from the same cloth.  Kophas could catch a chill though...

Einar

• Archived
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Bonding and Trouble
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 10:35:00 PM »
Einar kept a smile on his face as he took a drink from his tankard, He knows it will be some time before he can go back to the Three Hammers, It is his favorite tavern to go to. With his last brawl he is sure that old dwarf Kosur would rather hit him with  his broken broom handle then serve him a tankard of ale. Einar could not help, but chuckle at the thought of being hit with the broom handle.  Being pulled from his thoughts he looks over to Fritz. “ Fritz I remember saying something like that the frist time I went to a tavern with Father.. I ended up sleeping in the kitchen with one of Mother’s pots by my head. Father I think is still in trouble for that and well I do not want to end up like father, and on Mothers bad side for infinity. So I think we shall take it slow, besides with the look you just gave. I am sure that you won’t be throwing the tankards back.” Einar says with a chuckle. It’s the truth that he doesn’t want to bring home a sick Fritz, but a drunk would be fun to see.

Being caught up in his conversation with Fritz, Einar did not see Kophas walk in and what a surprise it is to see his brother, both he and Cephas always seem to be busy as of late, and it is nice to finally see one of them. “ By my beard, if it isn’t Kophas!” Einar says happily. “ Of course you can joun out table, where else would we have you sit.” Einar always valued that Kophas is a falconer, Einar never been one to fully understand birds, but he knows that it’s a trade Kophas values and enjoys and Einar is happy to see that. Taking another drink from his tankard and finishing it, he pushes his chair back. “ when we came in, it did not look like rain, but I guess weather can be tricky as a lad learning to drink.” Einar says with a chuckle as he looks over to Fritz.

Before leaving to grab himself another drink Einar turns and looks to Andar. “ care for another drink brother? It seems mine has sprung a leak and its needs to be quickly refilled.” Einar says watching Einar. He knows that Andar is not one for a good drink, he is by far the quiets of his siblings, but Einar has admired that about Andar. Whenever Einar was tired or had been run ragged by his younger siblings, he knew that he could have Andi and he would be calm and it was quiet. He watches Andar as he waited for a reply, he can see the wheels turning in his brothers head.  He moves around the table so he is staring between Fritz and Ko as he waits for Andi’s reply. Einar ruffs Fritz and Ko’s hair and quickly takes his hand and wipes it on Ko’s tunic as his mop of hair is soaking wet.

(ooc: Let me know if I need to change anything! Sorry about the wait!!)

Fritz

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Bonding and Trouble
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 03:19:00 AM »
{Oh Einar said with a pot by his head...nvm Fritz's comments still work ^^}

Fritz wasn't fully sure what either of his brothers would make of his boast, but they seemed to take it in good stride as all his family ever did. For his own part, Anlaf and Liv's youngest also found it hard to understand when he heard or saw evidenced siblings who were all out unfair to each other. Fritz may have become annoyed at the coddling, but he recognized that he'd been nothing but encouraged and helped along all his life and by all his many siblings. Good thing, youngest of six it would have been rough had it been any other way.

“Oh, of that I have no doubt.”

Fritz allowed for a small smile, semi-flattered and boosted up both, though the bravado dropped a bit. Andar could tell Fritz he found it feasible for the lad to go out and rope an entire pack of Wargs, and if he said it in that calm quiet voice that his brother knew was fully serious, if a bit accommodating, Fritz would have no choice but to believe it far enough to maybe actually try! Of course Andar would never say such, but for example's sake in his own mind!

Of course Einar had to be down to earth and so logical he was almost as bad as their father!

“Fritz I remember saying something like that the first time I went to a tavern with Father.. I ended up sleeping in the kitchen with one of Mother’s pots by my head. Father I think is still in trouble for that and well I do not want to end up like father, and on Mothers bad side for infinity. So I think we shall take it slow, besides with the look you just gave. I am sure that you won’t be throwing the tankards back.”

Yet Fritz took in this Logic by Example...if that was where 'Nar was going...as well with another small smile and sip to prove and push himself past his own wincing. They must have included tar in this brew, that was all, or some other odd flavoring. Fritz was about to go into his excused and inform his eldest brother that just because he would be caught with a pot on his head didn't mean Fritz was going to allow himself to do such, when a hand to his shoulder interrupted the still young lad.

He didn't jump. Whatever Kophas thought he felt or Andar or Einar thought they caught off his face in the candlelight maybe, Fritz did not let his more mischievous at times older brother get to him like he had in the past when Fritz was little. "You're just lucky I wasn't still holding even this much!", Fritz playfully shoved at Ko in the space after his question even as he sat and semi-threateningly brandished his half-pint again before letting it go to safer distance on the table top. "I'd'a spilled it all on you, maybe on accident" he grinned.

“Now that sounded like a dangerous thing you were saying, Fritz. Would that be both of them together or either of them alone?”

Truth be told, Fritz hadn't thought on it, but now quickly made up his mind.

"Both. I could probably do it, and just Andi alone's not a challenge!", he smiled Andar's way and hoped his trying to match and banter back didn't ever go too far and that his brother knew he was jesting. Fritz was actually very hesitant to truly become better than any of his older brothers and doubted he actually could.

As Einar scooted his chair back to go grab another tankard, a mock glare from Fritz met his brother's jab about young lads learning to drink, and a rebuttal of his own of course as he instinctively fixed his hair back after the ruffling, "Do we need to lock up Modi's pots and pans on you! Or worse get Dags to draw it when you fall asleep in the kitchen again! I don't think Modir would put that above the matel", that jab the lad let himself laugh at. He had a feeling he was still coming off juvenile and not fully keeping up in the jab back department, but that was fine actually, he was out here with his brothers at least attempting it and let in on the before secretive world, or so it felt.

As Einar was off refilling his tankard and grabbing any extra's, Fritz waited until Ko's own drink was on the table before attacking and grabbing his brother's wrist, pulling it over to good light, "Let me see if ya got any more scratches", Fritz wasn't sure why he was curious, he just was, somehow more scratches meant Kophas was doing interesting things out beyond the mountain. The lad  might have seen one or two more but wasn't entirely sure before he let his brother take his arm back, "Do falcon and hawk scratches count as battle scars? I mean are they brag worthy?".

(olivedrab)

Kophas

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Bonding and Trouble
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 11:10:00 PM »
“Hey, I’m only starting to dry out!” Not that he thought Fritz would waste a perfectly good drink on revenge. Well. Not unless he was a good bit more frustrated.

Kophas grinned at Einar’s welcome, considering then dismissing the notion of trying to pass himself off as his twin. Turning up rainswept and completely and utterly unfazed by it had put paid to that idea well before it formed. Andar’s warm, quiet voice had a reply on the tip of his tongue before he caught that glint of caution in his brother’s dark eyes.

“Don’t – I’m damp, not dying.”

His lips happened to quirk upwards again as the youngest sibling boasted and his blue eyes slid right back to Andar. He could stand a little more alcohol than the second eldest but both of them fell on the lightweight side of the family. “If this turns into a contest, I propose a sensible team versus a… Less sensible team.” The irony of the dwarf who had accidentally cartwheeled into a stream a few hours before calling himself sensible was summarily pushed to the side. His gaze shifted and turned more mischievous. “Modi’s on to you two, by the way. I would think up a good reason not to tell her why we’re not at the Three Hammers before returning.”

At Einar’s words on the weather his gaze slid to Fritz. “That… Is actually a pretty good comparison.” He nodded, considering. Rain and amateur drinkers – both fell when you weren’t expecting them to.

He blinked owlishly as his hair was ruffled, which resulted in it staying somewhat… Everywhere. Einar using him as a drying cloth earned a glare. “First Fritz with the drink – gettoff! I only have so many changes of dry clothes!”

He laughed at Fritz’s jab. “Dags can make many a thing pretty, but I doubt even she could manage it with that subject!”

He had barely taken a sip and touched his tankard to the table again when Fritz decided to hug his arm for some reason.  He nearly rolled his eyes as his sleeve got pulled up.

“No, I remain – when did that happen?” A fresh-ish line of red dragged over the underside of his forearm, ending in a darkening bruise. That had to have happened today. He pulled his arm back and poked at the wound. Not deep and not particularly painful, crossing two other scars among the multitude mapping out a life of casual recklessness along his arms, and no longer bleeding (though now that he looked his sleeve did have a discoloured reddish patch that corresponded to it). Not goshawk claws, and too new for Vedhr – where? The stream! “Oh. I sort of grabbed a rock earlier and that… Happened.” He had been trying to extricate himself from the trench as fast as possible and must just not have noticed. The falconer couldn’t call to mind any other time it could have occurred.

“Do falcon and hawk scratches count as battle scars? I mean are they brag worthy?”

Kophas shrugged, gazing critically at the narrow cut before pulling his sleeve down hurriedly, hoping Andar either hadn’t seen that (… Sharp eyes just had to run in the family, didn’t they) or would refrain from unconsciously doing that intensely responsible look where the eyes frowned as much as the mouth and it made you squirm in your skin and promise to be less careless. He loved Andi, but he wasn’t so fond of being clucked at for what he brushed off as scratches. “Not really battle scars, though I’d say they count for something…” ‘Something’ possibly translating to ‘how good you are at forgetting to wear gloves’. “Also depends on who you’re bragging to. Downing half a pint in less than an hour is probably useful in more situations.” He nudged at Fritz’s tankard, straight-faced and without a hint of teasing in his voice.

((OOC: SIBLING SHENANIGANS, HOW I’VE MISSED THEE. Sorry it took so long and hope it’s okay~))

(#384450)

Andar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Bonding and Trouble
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 11:59:00 PM »
(OOC:  This thread is so much fun!)

“Ah, but I didn't even say anything!”  Andar spluttered, grinning in disbelief that Kophas had accurately read the concerned look in his eye.  Still smiling vaguely, he then gave his attention to mulling over potential excuses for their not being in The Three Hammers, while his mind was still unfogged by brew.  They would need to be on the same page lest their mother decide to grill them on the night's happenings.  If there was any discord in their answers, Liv would surely smell a rat.  Andi felt he was the worst liar of any of them, any untruth passing his lips coming out in a stammer, usually accompanied by a furtive and guilty look that made an appearance no matter how hard he tried to suppress it.  Still, he could put in the thinking behind their little white lie and then linger behind his brothers upon their return, hoping dear Modi did not target him.  That woman was no fool, she knew he was the weak link in the chain.

The memory of Einar's first time drinking – though Andar hadn't been old enough to join in – had the dark-haired Dwarf laughing and he almost inhaled the ale that he was in the process of sipping.  Though he had not seen 'Nar in his glory at the kitchen table, the tale had been told so many times over the years that it felt as though he had had a front row seat.  Besides, he had witnessed first-hand the brutality of the hangover that had followed the next morning.  A good thing their brother was good for laughing at himself.  At least Einar had the sweet pleasure of watching each of them embarrass themselves in turn as they tried to find their limits.  It was one of the many benefits of being the firstborn.

Fritz's jest had Andar shake his head playfully, the tip of his tongue appearing between his teeth again.  Someday, in the not so distant future, his baby brother would out-drink him and no doubt help carry him home at the end of the night.  By Mahal, where did the years go?  He couldn't even deny it, in a drinking contest he would hold Einar back.  Or just about anyone.  Well, maybe not so much Kophas, who wasn't known for holding his liquor well either.  Quick as a whip, Fritz was then poking fun at Einar, Kophas adding to it too, prompting another quiet laugh from Andar.  That would make for some picture!  Not one for the mantel unfortunately, Modi would never allow it.  More was the pity.

“Aye.  Go on then.”  Andar smiled gratefully to Einar and knocked back what remained in his tankard.  He needed to loosen up, relax, and enjoy himself.  He was with his brothers, who knew and loved him better than any, and ale would smooth the anxious edges that seemed to cling to him perpetually.  Besides, it was bad manners to refuse a drink.  Dark brown eyes watched his brother's back as he retreated to the bar, then they returned to his remaining brothers, Fritz having grabbed Ko's hand excitedly.

With interest, Andi leaned forwards to peer at his brother's exposed forearm.  Naturally Kophas was sporting a bruise and a scrape, which he hastily made to cover with his sleeve.  Andar resisted the urge to cluck his tongue – but only just – and instead arched an eyebrow knowingly.  His brother could stand to be more careful, but a scratch wouldn't kill him.  Who was he to say anything, anyway?  Andar came home roughed up from time to time too.  On one occasion a pony had kicked him square on the chest, resulting in a beautiful bruise in a perfect horseshoe shape.  He made the mistake of sleepily padding to the kitchen for a pint of milk early one morning, dressed only in breeches, and their mother had almost had a fit at the sight of it.  If she had her way, each of her babies would leave the world as unmarked as they had been when they entered it.

His expression softened as Kophas encouraged Fritz, even if it was in his drinking.  Well enough, younger ones tended to need it – arguably older shy ones too – and Andi rather suspected that their littlest brother might need it more than his bravado would otherwise have them believe.

Einar

• Archived
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Bonding and Trouble
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 04:45:00 PM »
(OOC: Sorry it took me so long to respond. I love this thread!)

Einar looks over to Andar as he hears his reply he nods to his brother, who is the quiestes of the bunch. He stops as he hears Fritz talk he lets out a laugh. “I am sure Modi would prefer that I did not use her pots as a sick bin, and if Dagmar drew me passed out on the kitchen floor that would be something I could never live down. So I say no to both of those ideas, I do not plan on any of that happening tonight my dear brother, but you on the other hand. Never know what could happen.” Einar says with another laugh, he did not know the full outcome of evening, but he knows he wants Fritz to have the best experience as possible.

He looks over to Kophas, “Now Ko, you would never do anything like that to me.. your eldest most caring brother. The Three Hammers incident will blow over, sooner than later. I do hope, and when it does maybe then we can tell Modi what happened, unless knowing our dearest Modi she already knows, and I might as well run for cover.” Einar says, knowing full well that their Modi might already know and would prefer that he tell her then his younger siblings. Fighting was not uncommon for Einar, especially if drink is involved, but he doesn’t need his mother to think that fighting is all he does.

After his statement Einar has made another attempt to walk towards the barkeep, and is stopped by Ko’s complaint. “  Wash your tunics more often and you would have more clean clothes..” Einar says with another chuckle, and then Ko jabs at him again with his humor of Dagmar drawing him. “ Hey, our sister could turn anything into a work of art, especially this face.” He says pointing to his face and then running a free hand through his beard.

Einar looks over to Andi and remembers that he  is getting up to get them each a tankard of ale. He walks over to the barkeep He orders another to tankards of ale and he can’t help, but laugh a bit as the barkeep lets him know he heard about the issue at the Three Hammers and Einar assure the barkeep that there would be no problems. Just what Einar needs is to be kicked out of another tavern. He pays for the two tankards and makes his way back over to the table. He places one tankard in front of Andi as he takes his seat next to his brother and places his own tankard down. Einar comes back into his siblings conversation of Ko convince Fritz to drink more and the scratches on Ko’s arms.  Einar looks over to Andi, who seems a bit surprised by Ko reading him. “ Andi, you may not say a lot, but you faces has always given you away.” Einar says as he pats Andi on the back and picks up his tankard and takes a drink.

Fritz

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Bonding and Trouble
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 02:12:00 AM »
{Agree with all above ^^ Such fun and Fritz and I love all of Anlaf's other boys so! though he says I state it oddly ^^ <3}

A chuckle, showing how unlikely his threat had been in the first place, was Fritz's answer to his brother's own return banter. It was a fact he seemed unaware of, the tight-knit-ness between all six, but Fritz wouldn't pick another set of siblings for the world and only Cephas' presence could be tallied as anything lacking here in the moment (Dags was out of the question!), yet there was a feel the four of them now had that was its own. All five of Anlaf and Liv's sons was also it's own special feel, no less enjoyable, as had been the three before and when it was a different three.

For Fritz anyway. He wasn't anyone's twin, and not for the first time wondered if it felt different for Koph and Cey, both when together and when apart, it was just such an intriguing and unknown world. And yes, Fritz had caught them finish each other's sentences before!

Then came Andi and 'Nar's greetings and concerns, and Fritz took another testing sip off his brew, just glad for once, and sort of testing the fact, that he was not the one fussed at at the moment.

At Kophas' words on Sensible, Fritz frowned, trying to figure out exactly which team Ko put him on. His eyes squinting showed he got it.

"Hey! I'm not not sensible!", he protested lightly, then mentally analyzed what he said to make sure it was what he meant. Any pride in his own self was dented at Kophas' next statement of Modi being onto them. Fritz frowned and pondered. He felt he was good with improvising explanations, per the last one to their mother as they left, but her looks were unavoidable and could break even hardened liars, of which none of her sons truly were.

Then Einar gave a confident statement on it blowing over soon enough. One the youngest of them firmly took and believed of the eldest...well mostly. Still, if Einar said he would handle it, that was good enough for the moment. He only looked mildly suspicious again at Kophas' agreeing with the statement on weather and inexperienced drinking, yet was back to chuckling at the banter between the eldest and eldest twin.

"Definitely, I think Dags would be stumped at that model", Fritz readily added his own jabs to Koph's (and a bit Einar's own) and gave him a conspirator's smile, even if he knew just as easily he could be back to being the butt of jests himself. It was how it went with them, good naturedly and kindly ribbing, and no one ever went too far and feelings weren't hurt most times given how well they all knew each other. As evidenced by Andar's head shake while showing his teeth playfully, and though he'd known, it relieved Fritz.

It should have come as a bigger shock, Kophas forgetting how he received a scratch, but given his brother's well known habits with banks and birds of prey, it wasn't really. Still, Fritz watched Andi as well for fussing, though it seemed to be held back if only by force of will.

Koph answered his question honestly, and Fritz glanced back down to his own cut down pint. "I was working at it...", he replied mock defensively with a smile, even as Einar returned, then lifted the small tankard to do more damage, another wince around enough ale to puff his cheeks being pushed aside as he forcibly swallowed. "Not-ng-t-it"*, he sort of chockingly tried to state.

With a peek, Fritz noticed he was mostly there and, with less winces yet smaller sips, he completed the task. "There! And it's not been an hour!", he exclaimed with a triumphant smile Kophas' way.

"Don't get up", he next told Einar, "I'll take care of the next challenge!", he hopped up and made towards the barkeep again, before coming back after a few steps and wordlessly raiding Kophas' pocket for payment with only a small smile then making off.

The youngest came back with a full pint. Oh, his mother would have no doubt berated and fired the barkeep on sight! "I got it", he assured his brothers, though his glance to the tankard was more than a bit steeled with determination due to intimidation.

Translation: "Not-ng-t-it" Nothing to it

(olivedrab)

Kophas

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Bonding and Trouble
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 10:32:00 PM »
Kophas nodded solemnly with Einar’s statement about Andar’s easily-read face, shot a look after the eldest moments later as he moved off with a comment about his lack of dry clothes. And very maturely stuck his tongue out in lieu of a worded response. He had one to Einar’s modest comment about his own face, though he kept his voice to a mutter and didn’t turn to send it after his most senior brother.

“Couldn’t be a great likeness, then.” Though the words might have sounded cruel in a different tone, Kophas meant them in banter.

Andar merely raised an eyebrow at his minor injury, which Kophas was glad of. Truth be told he should have known that the ostler wouldn’t overreact, but it was hard for him to judge what was an overreaction. Injuries tended to blend together and he wasn’t fantastic at judging the seriousness of each one once it was gone. Or reduced to one more silvered line among many.

Einar returned just as he commented on Fritz’s glacier pace and he watched with a grin as the youngest defended himself and then choked down the rest of his small tankard.

“There! And it's not been an hour!”

Kophas was about to make a sarcastic comment but his little brother was so genuinely proud of himself that he didn’t have the heart. And besides, it wasn’t bad going. He’d been worse when he had started drinking. He settled for smiling back.

The youngest went towards the bar but returned far too quickly. And proceeded to raid his pockets. For once he was actually carrying coins – often he didn’t; they only got lost in the woods. This time he did roll his eyes and layer on the sarcasm.

“Why yes Fritz, you may borrow my hard-earned money… You’re welcome.

He passed no comment on the full pint brought back, though it was tempting to and his eyebrows shot upwards as he made a hum of what might have been dubious agreement with Fritz’s statement. Well, no comment at first, and then he remembered whose coins had bought it.

“Spending my money wisely, I see.”

((OOC: Sorry for the shortness, trying to get posts out~))

(#384450)

Andar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Bonding and Trouble
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 12:34:00 AM »
(OOC:  Sorry if this is a bit short, guys, Andar isn’t one for saying much! :D)

Andar contented himself with listening quietly, a small smile on his face as his brothers tested their wits against one another.  The sons of Anlaf often bantered, their remarks teasing but not mean-spirited, and coming far too quickly for Andar to put much of a word in edgewise.  Not that he minded – listening was his forte, not speaking, and his brothers knew better than to mistake his silence for moodiness.

When a full tankard was placed on the table and slid in front of him, he caught Einar’s eye and murmured his thanks, the playful observation that his face always gave him away causing Andar to chuckle softly.  He shook his head faintly as he enjoyed his first sip of the brew.  “Every time, it seems.”  Whatever the limits of his low and faltering voice, his features were expressive, communicating every thought that ran behind those soulful eyes, every feeling that wrote itself into his heart.  It was that which made him a terrible liar and made it difficult for him to keep secrets.  Did Arndís look at his face and see?  A worrisome notion, and one he quickly swept aside, lifting his ponderous gaze from his drink to his company.

Fritz seemed determined to prove himself, in his usual enthusiastic way, practically forcing his drink down his throat before darting off to fetch another from the bar – a full pint, this time, kindly paid for by Kophas (not that the twin had much say in the matter, and he grumbled amiably about this fact).  Andar regarded the full pint, then the face of their youngest sibling, an eyebrow quirking a little in surprise.  “Easy, mim nadad,”  Andar murmured fondly, no chiding note in his quiet voice, only reassurance, “The night is long and we aren’t reh-racing to the bottom of our flagons.”  Truth be told, Fritz was taking his first night of drinking much better than Andar had done himself – though there was time enough yet for that tide to turn.

.~.~.~.

Translations:
Mim nadad = little brother

Fritz

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Re: Bonding and Trouble
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2019, 02:03:27 PM »
<<I MISSED THIS BANTER TOO!! OMGSH! Anliv clan is so great <3 <3>>

“Why yes Fritz, you may borrow my hard-earned money… You’re welcome.”, if Kophas was trying for sarcasm (and when was he not?!) Fritz would not be goaded in to apologizing. Or he was used to his brother's banter by now. All of them, as they were him, he knew. He simply lightly tossed and re-caught the bag, his fist muffling the clatter (even he knew not to go flaunting gold, even a bit, and even in a "friendly" tavern) by way of answering that he was not sorry for "stealing" from his brother.

It was all in good fun.

“Spending my money wisely, I see.”, Kophas of course had another comment as he returned with his Grand Step of a full Pint. "Yep!", Fritz answered back, as he always did, poking his own tongue through his grin in good-nature as all of their teasing was, before tossing the bag back to Ko. "Oh here, you probably want the rest don't you? I mean...if you wanted to support a budding Smith in getting materials...the donations would be most appreciated". He wouldn't actually steal off Kophas though.

Buying a Pint with money Koph didn't actively take back from him was different.

And there was the unspoken rule of all their bantering that said Ko now had a pass to use on him when he was older and making money, which Fritz wouldn't argue.

“Easy, mim nadad, The night is long and we aren’t reh-racing to the bottom of our flagons.”, Andar added in his quiet way. Fritz shot him a smile, but his next sip was a bit slower. The name of this game was survival by the end of the night after all, and Modi letting him come back.

Which meant his and Koph's teasing "race" was off, but Fritz could prioritize.

"Fine I'll wait until I'm Fifty for racing you. Which is only four years away!", he reminded in that excited tone of kids almost grown. A tone he'd arguably used all along and for all manner of things. "Not that I think Modi's prepared for it", he all but muttered. The way Liv acted, Fritz doubted if she would stop treating him like a baby even after he was "grown" Though as her baby, and last one, he supposed she was in her right to act like such. Not that he'd tell her!

His brothers, including the ones with him, were more iffy, but Fritz thought they'd give him the respect Fifty deserved in four years. Maybe. Dags he'd let baby him, because few of them told her to do anything really.

(olivedrab)

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Faramir: Reply for Éowyn! [link]
    September 22, 2019, 12:39:37 AM
  • Tintaldé: [link] @Whit/Tinuvagor
    September 21, 2019, 11:01:15 AM
  • Éowyn: [link] @Cass/Faramir
    September 21, 2019, 10:38:16 AM
  • Ulmo: Pellavan is approved and now in play! ^^ [link]
    September 16, 2019, 12:38:49 PM
  • Fritz: More brotherly banter for Andi/Cass and Koph/Blue! Whoo! [link]
    September 04, 2019, 06:15:14 PM
  • Faramir: Starter for Lothíriel/Meren, after a thousand years! [link]
    August 24, 2019, 10:22:02 PM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Tag for Thatguy [link]
    May 17, 2019, 03:01:04 AM
  • thatguy2: tag for Gard [link]
    May 14, 2019, 05:38:28 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Thread for Eofor/Thatguy [link]
    May 11, 2019, 02:46:13 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Reply for Hades/Altair! [link]
    May 08, 2019, 04:09:02 PM
  • Nienna: Post to Teachers Vent [link] *crosses fingers*
    May 07, 2019, 01:14:34 AM
  • Faramir: Reply for Becca/Éomer! [link]
    May 01, 2019, 11:59:42 PM
  • Faramir: Plots back for Dory! [link]
    April 30, 2019, 10:21:06 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag Cass/Faramir <3 [link]
    April 30, 2019, 01:57:05 PM
  • Éowyn: Thread starter for Eofer/ThatGuy: [link]
    April 30, 2019, 09:00:17 AM
  • Faramir: Faramir plots for Meren/Lothíriel... two years late. Sorry about that! [link]
    April 29, 2019, 09:12:22 PM
  • Tintaldé: Tag for Whit/Elrohir [link]
    April 23, 2019, 04:48:08 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Whit/Thranduil. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:41:52 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Becca/Celeborn. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:19:03 PM
  • Friór: Super short (by my old trend) poke at some of my threads too <3
    April 19, 2019, 03:09:28 AM