• Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM
  • Dís: Eeeeeh hi again Icewolf!
    July 22, 2019, 11:13:41 PM
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
  • thatguy2: yeah
    May 14, 2019, 04:32:36 AM
  • Nienna: Gonna have to try my hand at a Sawda post for Becca. :)
    May 14, 2019, 04:29:32 AM
  • Galadriel: I love it. It's like a WHO AM I GOING TO BE TODAY game. XD
    May 10, 2019, 01:05:58 AM
  • thatguy2: it did :O
    May 09, 2019, 11:19:24 PM
  • Jo: The chatbox changed...
    May 09, 2019, 07:14:24 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: [Hobbit + LotR] Still Waters Run Deep  (Read 2725 times)

Andar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Cass
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
Still Waters Run Deep
« on: June 27, 2013, 08:31:00 AM »
Andar
87 • Married to Arndís • Dwarf
Application

Here is the second son of Anlaf and Liv, younger brother to the capable Einar and older brother to the creative Dagmar, unnamed twin brothers *points in the direction of the Wanted Ads board* and the energetic Fritz.

Andar has lived all his life in Ered Luin and is likely to spend the rest of his days in the blue mountains he calls home.  On occasion he will make trips to trade furs, to the likes of Bree and other settlements of Men, but he isn't in the habit of going far.  While he enjoys the odd adventure he craves familiarity.

Well-mannered, gentle, quiet, reserved and shy (also stubborn, proud and a mumbler) this Dwarf is a dab hand at hunting and riding while his skills in the forge and with weapons are acceptable yet unremarkable.  Andar is often overlooked and that suits him just fine.  That said he is not anti-social and he makes an effort to attend the social gatherings and shindigs befitting of a noble, like the good boy and obedient son he is.  You can find him the tavern too, sitting in a corner sinking ales, passing the odd remark but otherwise content to linger on the periphery of conversation.  Say a bad word about his beloved family, however, and you'll find his temper can be rather short.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 11:02:59 PM by Andar »

Arndís

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Loki
Still Waters Run Deep
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 09:00:00 AM »
I told you I'd spam you... and let the spamming plotting commence....

I give you the lovely Arndís of course~! ^^ And she is more than happy to start roleplaying with Andar for reasons... She also says she wants plenty of threads because the big, stupid, mean Elf thinks he's better with all his threads.... Plus, it's Andar... XDDD So yes... thrrreeeaaadddddiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggggggggg! 8DDD *Ate some cereal and is super hyper now....*

Andar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Still Waters Run Deep
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 12:27:00 PM »
Together we shall defeat the meanie Elf, muwhaha! >:3

OK, so, Arndís is friends with Dagmar, yes yes?  Well she is bound to know of Andar then, at least by sight, and he is often at those get-togethers (hiding in the corner, usually, but he's there).  So it depends how far back you want their relationship to extend.  He can have met her during childhood, and helped her with her sword wielding, or they can meet later in the woods/at a party/in the tavern.  Anyway, Andar is shy, especially with women, so be prepared for some mumbling!

Also... can I have some of your cereal?  Please?  I want bucket loads of energy!!

*drifts off to work on posts*

Dagmar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Gard
Still Waters Run Deep
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 01:44:00 PM »
Was going to shove my two dwarves your way but...

"Andi!", *Fritz attack huggles his poor older brother* *Dags laughs a bit yet (more calmly) does the same*

So Dags and Fritz say they need thread, lots and lots of family threads! <3 Now if I can get a plot idea out of them...

*Obviously Fritz would tag along after any of his older brothers into the woods, for whatever hunting like activities of interesting or not they would be doing (he could even do this unknown if we wanted some trouble)

*If we want to play with itty bitty dwarflings and Andar (and Dags), when Fritz is 6 (2?), let's see that makes Dags 30 (10) and Andar like...pre-teenish? (head is ruined for math right now, but that's actually not different). Anyway, toddler chaos thrown at both of them if we wanted. *imagines cute baby/toddler Fritz crawling all around Ered Luin, older siblings in frantic tow* :D

On a side note: apparently I do not need cereal, as my coffee was enough...

* Hehe, as with other plot ideas of ours, um, nearer movie-time frame, as we've said, Dags starts trying to figure out...stuff on cute princes and all. LOL Anyway, I could see her covertly (she thinks) attacking any of her brothers with small questions on young dwarves (since yes even maidens can be clueless/unsure more like :D) all the while denying there's any sort of reason at all for her asking :D (not sure if this is an idea enough for a whole thread...)

*Random painting or forgery chaos from either young dwarf as dwarflings or near enough...is not really a coherent idea beyond that...but could be hashed out

Ok, I may have thrown enough at you, the problem is not lack of ideas, it's me feeling like there's a million and i'm just scratching the surface <3

(yellow)

Einar

• Archived
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Still Waters Run Deep
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 02:19:00 PM »
" Well Well Well, who do we have here?" Einar smirks.

I wish I had more engery like Gard does, but sadly I do not! Gah!

Anywho! Plotting! I am excited!!

I could see Einar and Andar doing practicing fighting, Einar helping Andar practice his skills and be sharp. I bet Andar is better at a bow then Einar is so, Andar could show his older brother how to work on his bow skills.

Maybe they are at the tavern and Einar gets himself in a scuffle and Andar has to walks him home. OR they are both drunk and its an adventured walk home?

Going off of Dags idea, with young dwarflings. Maybe Einar is watching them all while Liv and Anlaf go out. That could in interesting and dangerous lol! Have to see if Dags is okay with that.

Maybe a hunting trip with Fritz? Older boys teaching him hunting skills and what not? Maybe trouble is found in a good sense or bad.

Let me know! I love Andar! *squishes him* Sorry.. * puts him down fixing his tunic*

Andar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Still Waters Run Deep
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 04:01:00 PM »
Ahhh, you guys, I am so so excited and delighted to be part of your Dwarvish family! <3

*shoves Andar first towards Rah for more lovely squishes and then towards his brothers and sister so they can all hug and be happy*

Right, now I need to respond in some other way than just: YES!

... yes?

Ahem!  OK, so how about these to start?:

1.)  A thread with the three brothers in the woods would be simply wonderful!  They can fish, track, lay snares, hunt and, yes, get into trouble of some kind (it's invariably going to happen, whether good or bad).

2.)  Einar babysitting his siblings?  Dwarfling chaos?  Where do I sign up?!

3.)  Oooh, Gard, I love the idea of Dags trying to covertly pick her brother's brains.  I wonder what we could combine this with... perhaps a foraging trip into the woods?  I can see Andar trying to do the very same thing to Dags regarding maidens, in his own quiet way.

4.)  Hee, Rah, I love the idea of the brothers getting drunk together!  They can have some banter over their tankards and stumble home together and no doubt have some adventures on the way.  Andar can try to keep Einar out of trouble. ;)

5.)  Some training with his big brother would be wonderful too.  At the suggestion that he's a better archer than his brother Andar shakes his head vehemently but I think you might be right.  It would be nice to see them helping each other. ~

Now, who would like to start what?

Anyway, one thing is for sure - we will never run out of plots for these folks!

*makes grabby hands at Gard's coffee*

Arndís

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Loki
Still Waters Run Deep
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »
*Arndís is completely on board for defeating the stupid face, meanie Elf!*

Yes, I figured she would have at least seen him and heard a bit about him. ^^ Though.... that idea of him having trained her with wielding a sword as a child is adorable... completely adorable.... *Just pictured it* Though, either way works for me~! And he should be prepared for the teasing... Ari can be completely playful, especially since she's more used to being around Dwarven men than she is the maidens... XD Plus... him being shy and mumbling is completely adorable as well... (Arndís: *Agrees with Loki*)

*Tries shoving cereal through computer screen*

Fritz

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Still Waters Run Deep
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 01:57:00 AM »
Ok, replies let's see...I have to say more than just I agree all around I know :D

1) Fritz is most assuredly on board for hunting trip and to both learn and show capability to his older brothers, yes! Hehe, as such I suppose should I leave it to one of you two to start? Not that I mind eitherway. Hehe, if Fritz goes fist I can just see him running into one or the other of Einar or Andar's room, jumping up and down and waking them! LOL

2) Right here! *hands form* and by telling me simply if you want me to start it off! <3

3) Aw, yes! *sees much cute talking and dodging around why they are each asking things* Ok, and I could go on and volunteer to start this one up too, if you want! *glances for confirmation to Dags who nods eagerly that yes, she needs much and much advice because...well...people are just so hard to read when you already know them and all* LOL

*hands coffee, even if it's late here, but you will theoretically be up in a few hours!* Oh... *puts magic cover on it to keep it hot too* LOL

(olivedrab)

Andar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Still Waters Run Deep
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »
*takes the cereal through the screen* (if only this were possible, wasn't Willy Wonka supposed to have sorted this out for us by now?)

Thanks for kicking off that thread, Loki!  I shall throw Andar into it as soon as I possibly can.

1.)  Perfect! I'll kick off the hunting thread. :)

2.)  *signs the form* If you could start this one, that would be wonderful!

3.)  And again, I can kick off this one.  Just give me a day or two!  And I haven't forgotten about the other thread I'm due to start for Fíli, Dagmar and Fritz - it's on my to-do list. ;)

*takes the coffee through the screen too with a wild, frantic and grateful smile*

I'm going to need this!

Fritz

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Still Waters Run Deep
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »
(as I get the feeling you're darting about frantically, hehe) Shh, it's ok, just sip the coffee, all shall get their in due time and we shall devour read it when it does <3

-Ok, thankyou for taking two, and I can most assuredly start up that thread! I have to go shortly, but it shall come soon! *hold up cute Baby Fritz muse* Aw, I just wuv you! *huggles baby dwarfling and set him into a baby carrier to take with her and care and coddle and hug and squeeze...and ponder for!* "No no, baby dwarflings don't get ale in their bottles, here you get milk" *coos to cute baby muse*

(Yeah...you go on and take my coffee, I do not need anymore at this moment! LOL)

(olivedrab)

Einar

• Archived
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Still Waters Run Deep
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 08:50:00 PM »
Would you guys like to start the tavern thread for Fritz, Andar and Einar?  OR wait?

Fritz

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Still Waters Run Deep
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 02:27:00 AM »
Right, that one too. Thanks and sorry, Rah, my mind is sacatered sometimes at the best and with Dwarf Muse!

I can que that one up too, if you and Cass want?

(olivedrab)

Andar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Still Waters Run Deep
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »
That would be wonderful Gard! ^_^

*also has a mind addled by Dwarves*

Fritz

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Still Waters Run Deep
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »
As I said with others, I shall que it up! Alrighty...now...thread name? *goes off with Fritz to hunt for a thread name* LOL

(You should have seen how sadly long it too us to come up with Hiding and Seeking :D)

(olivedrab)

Tuuli

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Re: Still Waters Run Deep
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2019, 11:27:09 PM »
I’m gonna put this here to help both of us recall it!

Tuuli & Uncle Andi:

I know I’ve made much of the guidance this one gets from Fritz (and there might be some options for Kvas and Rian in there too) but with focusing her talent on liking to make horseshoes best of all she’ll no doubt not have much trouble if she wanted to supply the Ered Luin stables exclusively when older and even as a young teen :D

Sure sure she herself says she doesn’t have the animal know-how a full on Farrier would need, but she’ll be more than open to Andar showing some of the pointers of hoof cleaning and trimming (and might just try herself!) and what types of gaits and such would require thicker steel etc so she can be fully knowledgeable in supplying her horseshoes!

And obviously any and all family plotting as well! <3

(steelblue)

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Gard of Lake-town: Tag for Thatguy [link]
    May 17, 2019, 03:01:04 AM
  • thatguy2: tag for Gard [link]
    May 14, 2019, 05:38:28 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Thread for Eofor/Thatguy [link]
    May 11, 2019, 02:46:13 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Reply for Hades/Altair! [link]
    May 08, 2019, 04:09:02 PM
  • Nienna: Post to Teachers Vent [link] *crosses fingers*
    May 07, 2019, 01:14:34 AM
  • Faramir: Reply for Becca/Éomer! [link]
    May 01, 2019, 11:59:42 PM
  • Faramir: Plots back for Dory! [link]
    April 30, 2019, 10:21:06 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag Cass/Faramir <3 [link]
    April 30, 2019, 01:57:05 PM
  • Éowyn: Thread starter for Eofer/ThatGuy: [link]
    April 30, 2019, 09:00:17 AM
  • Faramir: Faramir plots for Meren/Lothíriel... two years late. Sorry about that! [link]
    April 29, 2019, 09:12:22 PM
  • Tintaldé: Tag for Whit/Elrohir [link]
    April 23, 2019, 04:48:08 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Whit/Thranduil. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:41:52 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Becca/Celeborn. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:19:03 PM
  • Friór: Super short (by my old trend) poke at some of my threads too <3
    April 19, 2019, 03:09:28 AM
  • Faramir: Another reply for Éowyn/Dory, this time in Like Little Fireflies! [link]
    April 18, 2019, 11:08:25 PM
  • Faramir: Reply for Éowyn/Dory! [link]
    April 16, 2019, 02:59:48 PM