collapse

* Recent Posts

Re: Need a Mod? by Icewolf
[July 21, 2019, 11:56:25 PM]

Re: fresh wounds and bitter tears | Houses of Healing, After the Battle of Pelennor by Eorik
[July 19, 2019, 10:57:33 AM]

Re: Luck Turned Around? by Alanna
[July 08, 2019, 07:41:11 PM]

Re: True Colors Beyond Shields by Eofor
[July 02, 2019, 12:15:14 AM]

Re: An Odd Understanding by Nauroval
[June 29, 2019, 10:56:17 PM]

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
  • thatguy2: yeah
    May 14, 2019, 04:32:36 AM
  • Nienna: Gonna have to try my hand at a Sawda post for Becca. :)
    May 14, 2019, 04:29:32 AM
  • Galadriel: I love it. It's like a WHO AM I GOING TO BE TODAY game. XD
    May 10, 2019, 01:05:58 AM
  • thatguy2: it did :O
    May 09, 2019, 11:19:24 PM
  • Jo: The chatbox changed...
    May 09, 2019, 07:14:24 PM
  • Nienna: omg, same. XD I hate seeing my coding broken. But, sometimes *shrug*
    May 07, 2019, 03:33:17 AM
  • Sefaedra: (And now screaming bc I just noticed some of my coding is broken but I can't fix it until after work now.)
    May 07, 2019, 03:24:59 AM
  • Sefaedra: Looking through my archived plotter from when I wasn't sure I'd be able to come back when you sent that. Seeing what I had and stuff so I can get on to people about it.
    May 07, 2019, 03:23:10 AM
  • Sefaedra: Yooo. N'much, getting ready for work. xD
    May 07, 2019, 03:21:10 AM
  • Nienna: Sup, Dory!
    May 07, 2019, 01:05:22 AM
  • Nienna: I hate writing outside, but I love it so much... stupid mosquitoes.
    May 07, 2019, 12:48:04 AM
  • Nienna: Boo.
    May 06, 2019, 11:53:50 PM
  • Galadriel: AAAH bad phone. XD
    May 04, 2019, 01:58:20 PM
  • Galadriel: AAAH MISSY! <3 <3
    May 04, 2019, 01:58:02 PM
  • Galadriel: AAAH MISSY! <3 <3
    May 04, 2019, 01:57:44 PM
  • Missy: Hi all
    May 04, 2019, 10:42:48 AM
  • Gard: *covers hammock with a blanket*
    April 30, 2019, 09:15:38 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 33
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: [Hobbit + LotR] Forging a Name  (Read 3706 times)

Fritz

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Gard
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
Forging a Name
« on: June 15, 2013, 12:01:00 AM »
So Fritz, youngest brother of Einar and Dagmar and three unnamed others :)

He is trying to live up to his families legacy and keep an eye on Dagmar during it and his own issues. Can make pretty much any weapon in the forgery and so there may be something there for in towns or such (though we may need to employ a cart to get him farther  than Ered Luin).

And works on his fighting skills as well. Is up for tavern, outside, or any adventure!

(Yes I may just have to drop him by Drowning in Ale :D)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:59:30 PM by Ulmo »

(olivedrab)

Einar

• Archived
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Forging a Name
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »
* Einar slaps a hand on Fritz's shoulder* Well Dear brother! I think we need a thread..

I agree with Einar they need a thread, I don't know if you want them to meet up in tavern or maybe in dale? Fritz work on swords while Einar comes in to trade fur. Or maybe when they are younger and Einar is teaching fritz new things?

Fritz

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Forging a Name
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 10:41:00 PM »
*Fritz grins back* Yes we do! How in Middle Earth am I suppose to be good at anything if you don't show me?

And of course I agree as well. Hmm, let's see...

-I rather like all the ideas, them in Dale after the reclaiming of Erebor and both going about their jobs and such, though I was tempted to say it may be tricky because of feels but so long as Fritz doesn't mention them *clears throat and moves on from feels*

Anyway, that could work! Though I am a bit unclear on spoiler alert per site so will try not to push past what I've already read said around on the site. Would either of them mention Dain Ironfoot or avoid the subject altogether if you know what I mean and have read the book? (if not ignore me I said nothing! *shifty eyes*)

- If not post movies and we let Dale sit, I think there's plenty pre-movie to work off of!

*Fritz, either 54 (18), and just starting to think of/be able to drink and accompanying Einar on his first time so older brother and show him the ropes and be either responsible or not so much however, hauling his butt home perhaps :D

*Training sessions when younger? Letting others in on that too if they want or just them

*Something with his smithing/forgery skills. Maybe around 38 (13) when Fritz is figuring stuff out, he either breaks or notices Einar's broken long knife or sword or such and takes it down by the smithy, ending up in fixing it himself rather than having it fixed and make the thread off his giving it back to his brother as a surprise? Maybe for birthday or such? (do dwarves call birthdays some special thing I wonder?)

(olivedrab)

Fíli

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Cass
Forging a Name
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »
Eeee, I'm so glad you made Fritz - and that he's now in Drowning in Ale! :D  I ain't going to lie, I might in future take up the role of one of the remaining brothers... I should say "please stop me if I try" but I don't actually want you to... >.>

Whatever thread you guys go for, I will stalk.  If it is a Dale thread I will be stalking and wailing like a baby. *says no more, I suppose we do need to be careful about spoilers?*

Anyway, I know Fíli and Fritz are in the Drowning in Ale thread together now but we could always run something else with the two of them.  Needless to say, being good friends with both Dagmar and Einar (basically an extra son of Liv and Anlaf, it seems!) Fíli is going to know and befriend Fritz too. :)

Fritz

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Forging a Name
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 10:18:00 PM »
Most assuredly! I meant to say that on both Dags and Fritz side, the more the merrrier between Dwarfling/Childhood threads and anything with Fritz and Fili!

*tries not to express feels at possibility of you taking anohter of Anlaf's sons* Up to you, and..well...if you really DON'T want me to stop you...

Hehe, but let's see, Fritz and Fili...

*Training session, or combined training sessions with Einar, comes to mind first. Or even Fili here tutoring as well and expanding the boys skills (or more like trying to keep him from hurting himself from over-eagerness at times!)

*Fritz is up to make anyone a sword when he starts frequenting the Forgery at...um, what'd I say? 41 (13)? Whenever :D and I'm sure he either makes or fixes something of Fili's (Hehe, this family is becoming quite talented :D).

*Just plain mischief/adventure! (We may need that on Dagmar's end too, since she says she doesn't know where Fili gets off talking about her adventuring when he's just as bad <3)

*Maybe Anlaf has some boring meeting with King Thorin (not that Thorin's boring :D they are both bored around stuffy council) and Fili and Fritz are there too (Kili as well I'd imagine) and surviving boredom together through throwing looks at eachother or such and perhaps this escalaes to worse and a fiasco?

Will keep thinking on others, but there's some starter ideas <3

(olivedrab)

Fíli

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Forging a Name
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 12:33:00 AM »
Ahem, I hereby do solemnly declare that I definitely do not want you, or anyone else for that matter, to intervene negatively in the instance of me pondering and/or pursuing the possibility of creating one of the sons of Anlaf.  Getting between Cass and her Dwarves is never advisable...  Hee hee, there, now it's official and in writing!  If a character comes to me, he comes to me, and if not, well, then he doesn't.  We shall see what happens, characters have a funny way of sneaking up on me. ~

Ahhh, I love all of these ideas!  I would particularly like to see Fíli visit Fritz at the forge.  The Prince can do a bit of smithery though he's not talented at it, but he gets real pleasure from seeing the skills of others. He's going to admire Fritz for what he can do and at such a young age. :)

I mentioned to Simba the council meeting thread and she is up for it so we have Kíli on board for that as well.  Perhaps Rah would like to join us with either (or both) Balin and Einar?  Plus Hades with Thorin, if she fancies it.  I can only imagine (and apologise to everyone in advance for) the mayhem that is going to ensue if the Princes and Fritz are asked to sit still for too long. XD  As to when this could happen, perhaps when they are quite young?  Say if Fritz was 42 (or the equivalent of 14), Kíli was 59 (or 19), Fíli 64 (or 21) and Einar 72 (24)?

Also, an adventure with Fritz and/or Dagmar is a definite yes!  And childhood feels and training and, well, everything really. :D

... I hope this makes sense, it's now 1:30am and I know I started making serious typos at about 11pm.  I am probably descending into gibberish at this point so I will poof and come back for further, coherent plotting tomorrow. ^^

Fritz

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Forging a Name
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 02:36:00 PM »
{Ok, with morning and a fresh mind, let's see if my coherency got any better <3}

*Jots down Cass Decree and files it away for where it might be called upon again* Duly Noted! :)

Yes, I know about sneaking up characters, hence this entire plotter. Fritz just poked me one day (day before discussion actually) and said "Hi! I want my own profile!" LOL

*Forgery meeting: Aw, yes, and even if they would have perhaps semi-met, with Dags threads and all that and how we've established Fili's kind of around anyway, it could be like a first meeting on just their terms...if I'm saying what I'm trying to. Fritz will be very humbled and pleased at the older prince finding his work actually of any good (though he may still think Fili's just saying it for his family's sake) and he'd of course help Fili with his forgery if wanted, all the while being kinda stunned he is (has Dags problem of thinking their royals just naturally good at all things! :D).

Yay for Kili in on Council Mayhem. Oh, yes, it will no doubt be something and a must happen :D

I have fully imparted, I hope, my full agreeing on more dwarfling threads having to happen! Hmm, maybe this will help me with what I was trying to think up even on Dags end? I will still ponder on her exclusively, but for a combined thread, maybe while she drug Fritz out on one of her gathering expeditions to try and have him relax, Fritz snuck his sword or long sword along anyway and is determined to train, exasperating Dags to no end, and Fili could come by being a sort of rescue from exasperating brother by actually training/showing Fritz stuff!

Hmm, but when I ponder ages on that, it sort of leaves Dwarfling Category, at least on Fili and Dags end. I don't know.
-We could go with the every used year and ages, Dags at or around 38 (13) and Fritz 14 (5),
-but when I thought up the idea I was thinking more Dags 48 (16), Fili 46 (15), Fritz 24 (8). Then Fili's old enough to actually be of help in showing things, maybe, but whichever age set/general years you like best <3

I'm hoping I made sense on my end too, even here in the morning hours, I'm not fully sure :)

(olivedrab)

Fíli

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Forging a Name
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 08:19:00 PM »
Hee, excellent! ^_^

I might have a sort of half-name for this brother of Dagmar/Einar/Fritz but I won't be hurrying on it.  It's early days but... I think he might come to me, you know? *doesn't want to jinx it*

Right, forgery meeting thread is go!  What you're saying makes perfect sense, it'll be the first time the two lads are together without Dagmar being in some way part of it (not that Fíli complains about that, eh Dags? ;)).  Haha, I think Fíli will soon set Fritz straight when it comes to his belief that Royals are somehow naturally gifted.  I think Fíli's only real talent is music.  Well, music and combat - what a combination!  Anyway, would you like to start this thread or shall I?

Council Mayhem.  Perfect, let's just check what characters Rah wants in on this and then we can get started.  Oh!  We'll need to speak to Hades too though!

As to your suggestions on ages I am thinking perhaps Dags 48 (16), Fíli 46 (15) and Fritz 24 (8) would be best.  I love that they go on a little gathering adventure together and Fíli showing off his [apparent] swordmanship and looking to teach Fritz some skills too.  Eee, perfect!  Again, shall I start or would you like to?  I can start one and you the other, if you like.

And not to worry, you made perfect sense! ~

Fritz

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Forging a Name
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 11:18:00 PM »
*Can not decide if she wants to shake her head or squee at propsect  of half formed brother's name* I...shall say nothing to not jinx *sits quietly*

Forgery Meeting: It is a go! And I can start it if you want <3

Council Mayhem: Ok! Do you need me to PM either or both or anything. I know you're all use to it with the Mod duties and all, but any help you ever need or spread of load, just say so. *is already pitying stuffy dwarves* :)

Dags/Fritz/Fili: So, I guess I'll hand you this one if I take the other one, as you offered! On that note, yay dwarfling! ehemm, and I will leave it up to you whether or not, as I sort of made it sound like, Dags and Fritz are out there and Fili comes across them or whether he just tags along on the trip in the first place. Dags doesn't care which! *looks to her shy young dwarf who just smiles and glances off*

(olivedrab)

Fíli

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Forging a Name
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 08:56:00 AM »
*twiddles her thumbs and tries to ignore the shadowy form of the possible Dwarf*

Ahem, so, purely out of curiosity, the remaining brothers are twins and a little younger than Dagmar - right?  ... >.>

Thank you for starting the forgery thread, it's wonderful and I will get to it as soon as I can! <3

I wonder if we should post a thread to organise the stuffy meeting thread... or is that just silly?  If it's a case of PMing I'd be happy to do it.  Again, just give me a day or two.  *glances to the coursework that really, really needs finished today*  I am planning to take a day at the weekend to get caught up on everything I owe as a reward for finishing all this academic guff.

Daww!  OK, this thread is on my to-do list and shouldn't be too long in the making. ^_^  Honestly, my Dwarf muse is so high but it seems to have frightened my muse for Casswyn and Elrohir away!  *grabs a butterfly net and tries to catch the runaway muse*

Dagmar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Forging a Name
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 12:39:00 PM »
*Is now imagining Cass trying to do work around the choatic ramble that is no doubt her characters* Hehe, I know dwarves are a persistant lot, but stay strong and finish!

Anywho, to answering, and I don't feel like switching accounts. Yes and no on the brother question *decides to both shake her head and smile* Left are two options (or three depending on how it goes) Two twins between Dags and Fritz's age and one other brother older than Dags but younger than Einar (if that works, is still convinced that could work).

I will leave it up to whoever takes the twin(s), if they want to split or take both, if you were curious about that, or well yeah second son doesn't really need explaining :D Hope that answers the question.

Hmm, stuffy meeting disussion or PM...I feel inclined to say PM could just work, but I'm not sure.

I do understand about Dwarf Muse though, I keep having to yank Bilbo back out to try and type stuff, like now, from amidst Dags and Fritz either chattering ideas or non-sense or discussing what Fritz just did wrong :D "Excuse me, excuse me, I just need the Hobbit. Yes, thankyou, go back to what you were doing" <3

(yellow)

Fíli

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Forging a Name
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »
I am staying as strong as the Dwarves allow, though with every passing day my life becomes more like the image I shared with Catt in the Cbox the other day! XD

*mutters to self*  Andar... Shadar... oh Dwarf, why don't you tell me your name?  Also please specify if you are one half of the twins or not, 'kay?  Also state your preferred weapons in that box and outline your personality in the one below...

Righto, PM it is!  I will get to it tomorrow I should think. :)

Hee hee, I can just see that!  Poor Bilbo must be rather overwhelmed! <3

Kleia Aranethor

Forging a Name
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 02:01:00 AM »
Mmkay.

I have dwarves.

Two. Plural.

And I have not plotted with any of Anlaf's sons, and I am not pleased.

So, Sima is kinda nuts. She's 79 and stubborn, fights with her father a lot, has an axe, and gets along brilliantly with anyone who doesn't try to sweep her away to a little house in the middle of the city to "keep her safe". No. Please no.

Diric is Sima's older brother. He's a blacksmith, he made Sima her axe, he's 92. He's a good dwarf, humble, kind, and will help anyone who is not an orc. Even an elf.

My ideas are composed of conversations at this point, but I can see Diric meeting younger curious Fritz and imparting philosophy.
yeah okay I don't have any ideas.

Fritz

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Forging a Name
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 02:43:00 AM »
That is a shame! and I am always up for more Dwarf plots! I got a bunch, but then I just have a bunch in general of plots, but of varying activity. Anyway, with a bit of patience from you at times if I get a tad reply overloaded as could happen we can make this happen and I am all for it!

Now then.

Sima & Fritz:
Hehe, poor sweet Fritz doesn't do well with maidens, even with one sister, and even the few he has figured out how to maybe have a normal conversation with, meeting another one is just figuring it out all over again! So, of course I'm up for throwing another at him!

Her handling a weapon and, it sounds, being another of those to not be around the tea social set, may help him in being able to talk to her, but then again she is still a female and with a weapon even and he may be will be all confused still ^^

Um plots...

-runs ins

-maybe she comes by to get a weapon from her brother or comes by to get an axe or such sharpened and Diric isn't there and Fritz has to sharpen it for her/survive the encounter without being confused, embarrassed, or saying something stupid and possibly unintentionally offending. XD

I swear, if he does, he hardly ever means it XD

Diric & Fritz:
OOH, yes! If he's that much older and hanging around the Forge/making weapons I could most certainly see Diric showing Fritz pointers/being perhaps understanding when the lad sneaks in at about 30ish to begin learning pointers.

Ok, I said he starts really learning around 40ish, but at 30ish he's sticking his head in even XD

So either "caught young kid" or even adolescent (40ish) apprenticing type stuff?

(olivedrab)

Diric

Forging a Name
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 03:17:00 AM »
QUOTE (Fritz @ Jul 14 2014, 02:43 AM)
Sima & Fritz:
Sima comes by to get a weapon from her brother or comes by to get an axe or such sharpened and Diric isn't there and Fritz has to sharpen it for her/survive the encounter without being confused, embarrassed, or saying something stupid and possibly unintentionally offending. XD

I swear, if he does, he hardly ever means it XD

Diric & Fritz:
OOH, yes! If he's that much older and hanging around the Forge/making weapons I could most certainly see Diric showing Fritz pointers/being perhaps understanding when the lad sneaks in at about 30ish to begin learning pointers.

Ok, I said he starts really learning around 40ish, but at 30ish he's sticking his head in even XD

So either "caught young kid" or even adolescent (40ish) apprenticing type stuff?  

Dying. Dying. Dying.

And yes. I can do patience.

Fritz & Sima

Ohmaigosh yes. The sharpening idea is golden. She'd have a whetstone, but my guess is that she hit something a little too hard and put a notch in the blade she needs Diric's help with, so...well, that'll be fun.

Fritz & Diric

Haha! Yes, that would be great. I can totally see Diric taking Fritz under his wing and showing him how to make stuff. I don't think he'd let Fritz near the actual furnaces until he was in his 40's, but he'd definitely let him watch and give him pointers. Also Diric is possibly the most even-tempered blacksmith ever, so Fritz would probably do better learning from him then say...oh, the guy who works two stations down. xD

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Gard of Lake-town: Tag for Thatguy [link]
    May 17, 2019, 03:01:04 AM
  • thatguy2: tag for Gard [link]
    May 14, 2019, 05:38:28 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Thread for Eofor/Thatguy [link]
    May 11, 2019, 02:46:13 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Reply for Hades/Altair! [link]
    May 08, 2019, 04:09:02 PM
  • Nienna: Post to Teachers Vent [link] *crosses fingers*
    May 07, 2019, 01:14:34 AM
  • Faramir: Reply for Becca/Éomer! [link]
    May 01, 2019, 11:59:42 PM
  • Faramir: Plots back for Dory! [link]
    April 30, 2019, 10:21:06 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag Cass/Faramir <3 [link]
    April 30, 2019, 01:57:05 PM
  • Éowyn: Thread starter for Eofer/ThatGuy: [link]
    April 30, 2019, 09:00:17 AM
  • Faramir: Faramir plots for Meren/Lothíriel... two years late. Sorry about that! [link]
    April 29, 2019, 09:12:22 PM
  • Tintaldé: Tag for Whit/Elrohir [link]
    April 23, 2019, 04:48:08 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Whit/Thranduil. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:41:52 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Becca/Celeborn. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:19:03 PM
  • Friór: Super short (by my old trend) poke at some of my threads too <3
    April 19, 2019, 03:09:28 AM
  • Faramir: Another reply for Éowyn/Dory, this time in Like Little Fireflies! [link]
    April 18, 2019, 11:08:25 PM
  • Faramir: Reply for Éowyn/Dory! [link]
    April 16, 2019, 02:59:48 PM